Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Mikecarter81 is offline Coordinator

Re: Is it Classless for Packers Fans to wish Injury on Favre?

History is not on the Packers side here.
    I remember in 1986 in a game between Chicago and Green Bay. A Packer defensive end named Charles Martin grabbed Jim McMahon out fo the blue after the whistle blew and just threw him on his throwing shoulder.
    Clearly a cheap shot! Of course the packers got a 15 yard penalty, but the damage was done to McMahon, he wasn't the same QB after that hit.
    I wouldn't put it past some of the D line this coming game and if it happens just like in baseball you can expect retrabution.

Mike
    I am an avid Viking fan, but also am an avid restoration guy of vintage Mopar(Chrysler, Dodge, Plymouth)B bodies

oaklandzoo24 is offline Star Spokesman

Im thinking Hutch will be willing to kick anyone's ass who attempts to pull some shit on Favre.
    He is one bad ass mofo who you don't wanna mess with.
    Besides they should be the ones watching their ass from Favre.
    If the man is crazy enough to try to knock out Patrick Willis, Im sure he will be willing to take out anyone of those guys on GB.
    "There are 3 things that sell in America:
    Violence, sex, and drugs.
    The only way you are going to make this game more appealing to the public than it was before is if there are on field orgies at halftime and the domes become massive opium dens."

[img width=450 height=55]http://img216.imageshac

VikingsFan4Lyfe is offline Training Camp

If anything does go down I have a feeling you will see #69 come screaming onto the field, maybe we can have Brock Lesnar hanging out on the side line just incase?

Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

Yes is classless and if the guys were saying stuff like that on air I hope the get aserious repremand. I am all about a good rivalry, but to want to intetionally hurt someone either as a Packer fan or Vikings fan is not cool at all.

Packers fans are such babies. It reminds me of that video where those Green Bay supertards watching the draft call the Packers GM a "Nazi-Jew" for his "gay" draft pick.

pack93z is offline Team Alumni

Of course it is classless for any fan or in this case a pathetic pair of radio jockeys to wish injury upon anyone, personally I think there should be a retraction today for their actions, included possibly firing their stupid asses for such blatant nitwittedness.

As a Packer fan, some embarrassing words will probably be uttered in the next couple of days. Unfortunately we as a fan base will have to accept that sportsmanship and class should be a given.

However, one should not pretend this only happens to the Packers or their fans.. a couple examples shall we:

1) A new member of the Vikings last year spoke of sticking his helmet into someones spine, that reeks of class there hey Jared.

2) Clad in purple, I remember a Cory Fuller spitting in a Packer receivers face, I sure his mother was proud.

3) Or how about the front office fining a player for attending a family members funeral? Yes retracted, but certainly could have been handled more appropriately.

There is no doubt that we have jackasses amongst us in Packer nation, there is no doubt about it. But it certainly isn't exclusive to our franchise.

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"pack93z" wrote:
    Of course it is classless for any fan or in this case a pathetic pair of radio jockeys to wish injury upon anyone, personally I think there should be a retraction today for their actions, included possibly firing their stupid dimply buttocks for such blatant nitwittedness.

As a Packer fan, some embarrassing words will probably be uttered in the next couple of days. Unfortunately we as a fan base will have to accept that sportsmanship and class should be a given.

However, one should not pretend this only happens to the Packers or their fans.. a couple examples shall we:

1) A new member of the Vikings last year spoke of sticking his helmet into someones spine, that reeks of class their hey Jared.

2) Clad in purple, I remember a Cory Fuller spitting in a Packer receivers face, I sure his mother was proud.

3) Or how about the front office fining a player for attending a family members funeral? Yes retracted, but certainly could have been handled more appropriately.

There is no doubt that we have jackasses amongst us in Packer nation, there is no doubt about it. But it certainly isn't exclusive to our franchise.
    No arguments there, a lot of players do or say things that they shouldn't and that is something that goes across all teams in the league. Sometimes the rheoteric spoken isn't in keeping with the spirit of the game and makes some sound lame in what they say or do.
    Like Zeus I can see how a player picking up an injury during the game can help their opponent and thats part and parcel of the game. it's a violent game and injuries will happen and so we need to accept it. However like most posters I'd say that it's classless to wish injury on injury on any player even one that you may dislike intensely or feel has dissed your team for whatever reason.
    By all means keep rivalries interesting and with feeling but don't cross the line of decency
    just my two pennyworth

Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

As to class vs classless, those who have played the game, at every level (expect maybe the little guys) are taught to hit, hit hard and if that don't work, hit harder.

Because of that, injuries do happen.

Long story short, I never wish for injuries, but if one happens to a opposing player, I sure ain't gonna cry over it.
    It is, like it or not, part of the game.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

pack93z is offline Team Alumni

"Marrdro" wrote:
    As to class vs classless, those who have played the game, at every level (expect maybe the little guys) are taught to hit, hit hard and if that don't work, hit harder.

Because of that, injuries do happen.

Long story short, I never wish for injuries, but if one happens to a opposing player, I sure ain't gonna cry over it.
    It is, like it or not, part of the game.
    Agreed, but there is a hell of a difference between an injury that happens and wishing for him to be carried off on a stretcher.. play clean, play hard and let the chips fall..

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"pack93z" wrote:
    Of course it is classless for any fan or in this case a pathetic pair of radio jockeys to wish injury upon anyone, personally I think there should be a retraction today for their actions, included possibly firing their stupid dimply buttocks for such blatant nitwittedness.

1) A new member of the Vikings last year spoke of sticking his helmet into someones spine, that reeks of class there hey Jared.

You are right in saying that it doesn't just happen in Packer land, and I don't believe that anybody said that it did.
    However, in response to your examples:

1) Big difference between saying he would put a helmet into him and actually wishing injury on someone.
    Allen has made statements several times that his intention is never to hurt someone, but he plays the game at full speed.
    The comment about Rodgers was just shit talking, not any kind of threat as Packer fans made it out to be.

2) Corey Fuller was a bully and not one of my favorite players.
    But he spit on Trent Dilfer, not any Packers receiver. He did poke Frank Winters in the eye after Winters hit him with a late hit once (Fuller was fined $30,000; Winters's shot cost him $5,000).
    Fuller also tried to bribe a police officer once in Cleveland I think.
    So I will be the first to admit that Fuller was classless.
    But let's not make everything about the Packers.

3) Williamson was not fined and suspended for going to the funeral.
    He was fined and suspended for missing several days of practice both before and after the funeral, and not calling in or letting anyone know where he was.
    If I did that at work, you can bet your ass that my company would be pissed off when I returned.
    The Vikings could have handled it better, to be sure, but Williamson had his own share of the blame.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast