Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    VikingLance is offline Starter

Re: Is it Classless for Packers Fans to wish Injury on Favre?

"Freya" wrote:
    "PolarGrizz" wrote:
    This afternoon, Milwaukee Sports radio station WSSP AM 1250 afternoon "The Big Show" show hosts, Ex-Packer Gary Ellerson and Josh Vernier did a whole one hour bit on how they hope the Packers somehow hurt Favre, and whether or not it's classless for Packer fans to cheer for this.

They built their case for Injuring Favre around all of the "Wrong" that Favre had done to the Green Bay fans and organization, all this discussed as Ellerson and Vernier laughed on air while discussing the various ways that the Packers defense could, and should "Put Favre Out".

They even "jokingly" mentioned compound fractures, concussions, and even going as far toying with the prospects of spine boards and paralysis

Does anybody here agree with "The Big Show"?

If Allen has a chance to crippled Rodgers should he take it?
    Absolutely classless. Very bad energy. I do believe they have just cursed themselves.

This radio show discussion should clear up any possible confusion as to why they are called cheeseheads. Smelly, dehydrated, fermented milk that has a tendency to cause constipation. Cheeeez heds.
    You know, you're right.
    Karma's a bitch.

dfosterf is offline Coach

"Freya" wrote:
    "PolarGrizz" wrote:
    This afternoon, Milwaukee Sports radio station WSSP AM 1250 afternoon "The Big Show" show hosts, Ex-Packer Gary Ellerson and Josh Vernier did a whole one hour bit on how they hope the Packers somehow hurt Favre, and whether or not it's classless for Packer fans to cheer for this.

They built their case for Injuring Favre around all of the "Wrong" that Favre had done to the Green Bay fans and organization, all this discussed as Ellerson and Vernier laughed on air while discussing the various ways that the Packers defense could, and should "Put Favre Out".

They even "jokingly" mentioned compound fractures, concussions, and even going as far toying with the prospects of spine boards and paralysis

Does anybody here agree with "The Big Show"?

If Allen has a chance to crippled Rodgers should he take it?
    Absolutely classless. Very bad energy. I do believe they have just cursed themselves.

This radio show discussion should clear up any possible confusion as to why they are called cheeseheads. Smelly, dehydrated, fermented milk that has a tendency to cause constipation. Cheeeez heds.
    Here is the thread on the PackersHome forum. Looks like Vikings fans have done some of that "cursing" you speak so self-righteously about.
    I'd bet dollars to donuts I could find...a crap load of references RIGHT HERE, about the same guy, and the desire of some to injure him.
    Don't think so?
    It is classless.
    It is also not unique to any team, including, possibly especially--Your own.

I wouldn't expect this to be understood.
    See "Hit myself with a no-bounce to appreciate the perspective"

http://packershome.com/index.php?nam...ewtopic&t=6406

I found this one enlightening:

When I was a kid, we always used to attend the Packer-Viking game in Bloomington at old Metropolitan Stadium (and one year at Memorial Stadium at the U).

I'll never forget the game where, after it came over the stadium PA system that Gale Sayers had tore up his knee badly, a lot of the Viking fans in my vicinity cheered. And for the longest time that memory shaped my belief that Viking fans were lower on the evolutionary chain than Packer fans or other ethical beings.

In recent years, of course, I've realized that one finds no shortage of equally bad excuses for human beings among the ranks of "Packer fans." People who don't understand the difference between hitting to be remembered and hitting to injure, between a hard hit and a cheap hit, between an attempt to tackle with relish and relishing the harming.

Any one who wishes Favre to suffer injury can, to mind, go spend their Sundays wherever PortaPotties get emptied.

so-cal vike is offline Team Alumni

Absolutely not.
    I always have and still do wish injury on Favre.

Just joking people... just funnin'.

Maybe.
    ;D

"jmcdon00" wrote:
    Injury is a strong word, but it is football. I hope the Vikings continually hit the Packers hard, if that leads to injury so be it, it's a violent sport. If giving rodgers a concussion in the first quarter helps us win, then so be it. I'm obviously not talking about cheating or cheap shots, just good smash mouth football.
    I agree.
    I'm always looking for one of our guys to knock out one of their guys, whoever they are.
    I'm talking a game time injury though, nothing serious or career ending, just a good bell ringing.

The Refs on the other hand...

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"so-cal" wrote:
    Absolutely not.

Maybe.

;D

"jmcdon00" wrote:
    Injury is a strong word, but it is football. I hope the Vikings continually hit the Packers hard, if that leads to injury so be it, it's a violent sport. If giving rodgers a concussion in the first quarter helps us win, then so be it. I'm obviously not talking about cheating or cheap shots, just good smash mouth football.
    I agree.
    I'm always looking for one of our guys to knock out one of their guys, whoever they are.
    I'm talking a game time injury though, nothing serious or career ending, just a good bell ringing.

Your a terrible person and I'm ashamed to be your fake friend

[size=1pt]just kiddin [/size]

bad93ex is offline Rookie

Could become a real possibility that Rodgers get concussed during the game as bad as that O-Line has been playing this year.
    I don't want any kind of injury to come to Rodgers but I am sure he will be skittish in the pocket.

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "so-cal" wrote:
    Absolutely not.

Maybe.

;D

"jmcdon00" wrote:
    I agree.

Your a terrible person and I'm ashamed to be your fake friend

[size=1pt]just kiddin [/size]
    I'm ashamed you thought of yourself as my fake friend.

Just kidding.

Maybe.
    ;D

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    classless is opponents wishing injury on anyone

Pathetic is fans wishing injury on one of their own players.
    lol

SharperImage is offline Hall of Famer

Idc, Just cause you wish it, aint mean its going to come true! I wish for a million dollars everyday!! nothing happens ... A moral wrong? Yes, but who cares, let em wish all they want, theyll feel stupid when Favre's pink cleats jump over them for a 1 yard TD

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

Here's how I feel about injuries in football:

I do not wish injury to any player.
    I do, however, appreciate how an injury to an opposing team's player can help my team.
    I did not celebrate that Frank Gore was injured this past Sunday, but I did appreciate that the other team's biggest rushing threat was no longer in the game.
    I have and always will applaude in respect when an opposing player rises from the field after an injury or is helped off the field.

Football is a violent game.
    Injuries are part of the game.
    Just as a timely flag on the opposing team can help my team, so can an injury to one of their players.
    Fact of the matter is, if one of their star players goes down with an injury and that loss to their team helps the Vikings win, there isn't an asterisk next to the W following the game.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

"Zeus" wrote:
    Here's how I feel about injuries in football:

I do not wish injury to any player.
    I do, however, appreciate how an injury to an opposing team's player can help my team.
    I did not celebrate that Frank Gore was injured this past Sunday, but I did appreciate that the other team's biggest rushing threat was no longer in the game.
    I have and always will applaude in respect when an opposing player rises from the field after an injury or is helped off the field.

Football is a violent game.
    Injuries are part of the game.
    Just as a timely flag on the opposing team can help my team, so can an injury to one of their players.
    Fact of the matter is, if one of their star players goes down with an injury and that loss to their team helps the Vikings win, there isn't an asterisk next to the W following the game.

=Z=
    Another excellent perspective.
    +1

Is there an asterisk next to every game Favre plays for the Vikings?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast