Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    fanfrom1969 is offline Rookie

Childress Era and GB

This upcoming game Sunday will speak volumes about this coaching staff. We have seen improvement in offense and defense recently. We're facing the prospect of going 0-6 against GB( under Childress) over the last 2.5 years. I'm down here in N.C. and am a rabid UNC Tarheels college Basketball fan. If we lose to Duke, life is not the same until we beat them again. Fans will not settle for a prolonged period of domination by our chief rival- and the Dookies are just as rabid as us! All you guys know this- who are fans of different Pro and college teams- continual losses to your rival are unacceptable! I have a good friend who is an NC State alum.- He pointed out the other day that they beat us 25% of the time when we're ranked #1 and we play them- and they're usually not ranked. I don't know how accurate that stat is but I do know they are going to take the rivalry serious enough to make it a game - I can remember being very frustrated by losing to them when we were the better team.

So here's the deal- GB is our chief rival- they humiliated us last year 34-0. I cannot for the life of me, understand how we lost to them in this year's season opener- unless it was all about preparation. Last year's loss alone should've put any coaches job in jeopardy- not because it was so lopsided, but because it was against a team we should always be hyper- prepared to battle against. Listen up!!!! GB IS NOT A BETTER TEAM THAN MINNESOTA!!!!!! We have as much talent as they do!!! We should be so hyped up - emotionally, physically, mentally, etc. Remember the Al Harris and AD last year- COME ON - the questionable calls etc... If our coaches cannot prepare this talented team to beat GB this Sunday, then we have a serious problem with this coaching staff-. I played Football all through HS and our coaches made us into maniacs against our rivals- but they also prepared us to properly contain it and channel into disciplined execution. I say this is a serious game for Childress and Co. This is where he should demonstrate he has the dimension and the grit to prepare this team to beat the Packers. "nuff said.....

dfosterf is offline Coach

Re: Childress Era and GB

All good points as regards the Vikes and the Pack. Wrong, but still good points.
    ;D
    This is the kind of thinking that makes it oh, so good when we beat you, yet again.., It's the "whipped into a real froth, now" aspect of it.
    ;D

fanfrom1969 is offline Rookie

"dfosterf" wrote:
    All good points as regards the Vikes and the Pack. Wrong, but still good points.

;D
    This is the kind of thinking that makes it oh, so good when we beat you, yet again.., It's the "whipped into a real froth, now" aspect of it.
    ;D
    "Wrong but still good points" ??? Hmm...Must be a Packer fan...

dfosterf is offline Coach

"fanfrom1969" wrote:
    "dfosterf" wrote:

;D
    ;D
    What gave it away for you? Was it the avatar, the statement underneath the avatar, possibly the signature, or possibly the statement itself... I don't want to be critical, but you might want to steer clear of law enforcement as a career path.... ;D.... I'm just sayin'....

i think we have been out coached the last few years. i am crossing my fingers that things are going to change but we will only know when Sunday comes.

purplehelmut is offline Pro-Bowler

"dfosterf" wrote:
    "fanfrom1969" wrote:
    "dfosterf" wrote:

;D
    ;D
    What gave it away for you? Was it the avatar, the statement underneath the avatar, possibly the signature, or possibly the statement itself... I don't want to be critical, but you might want to steer clear of law enforcement as a career path.... ;D.... I'm just sayin'....
    Don't have to be a genius to pick out a Richard Cranium Packer fan.
    I'm just sayin....

Braddock is offline Hall of Famer

I think GB is Chiller's stumbling block. He's a psych guy and he's probably "psyched out" when facing GB. It's the one thing holding him back from being a great coach. Every bad decision he's made is probably a result of him having GB on his mind 24/7. He's holding himself and his team back by constantly remissing over the losses.

If we beat Green Bay on Nov. 9th, we're going to the playoffs, and probably the Super Bowl. Mark my words

lolz
    Trying to bring rationale to an irrational site

ragz is offline GM

well we've sucked against the pack obviously.
    but have i missed something over the course of this year.
    to hear the "supposed" experts say rogers is going to have a huge game, our pass game is gonna come back down to earth, and we apparently are gonna lose, i would think we were playing an 8-0 team.
    if i recall correctly the pack is 4-4 right?
    so why is it they are getting so much respect being mentioned in winning the division and most assuredly taking care of us this week, and we are an afterthought?
    i'm scared shitless just as much as the next viking fan about this game, especially with childress as our coach, but i'm sick of this shit.

this team is not more talented than us, were at home, and if losing 5 straight times to them isn't motivation enough, this will probably be the difference between winning the division or not when its all said and done.
    we have that other thread about what childress would have to do to keep his job.
    well for one beating the pack this week would get him going in the right direction.
    still very early in the season but when we've had games of importance under childress we hve not performed well and lost.
    we have a whole of those games probably in the 2nd half of the season and this is test one.
    i'm sick of the pack winning in our house, they are not that good.
    "self improvement's masturbation.
    now self destruction" that's enlightenment

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

Much of the difference has been at quarterback. The blowout was Bollinger. Holcumb had a chance to bring us back and threw a pick on a pass interference that wasn't called, to end the game.
    TJ had a chance to bring us back and also threw a pick.

Rodgers has turned out to be a better Quarterback than I thought he would be.
    And this team is the best of the NFCN in my opinion.
    But they can be beat,. And the Vikings can beat them. Especially when we run on them.

We'll see how Gus does when they play the run. I think he will do just fine.
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

PackSux! is offline Hall of Famer

In Gus I Trust!

I believe Gus would of led us to victory in the season opener.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast