Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dishmac is offline Waterboy

Chicago Sun Times and Tribune Picks for tonight................interesting

The Picks from Chicago Sun-Times

December 17, 2007
    Brad Biggs
    Lovie Smith says if a team runs and runs, eventually it can be stopped. The Vikings proved otherwise the first time around. Tarvaris Jackson can't lose the game if he doesn't have to beat anyone. Who'd have thought two NFC North teams would be playoff-bound and one wouldn't be the Bears? Vikings 31, Bears 10.

Mike Mulligan
    The Bears would be well-served to assign a spy on Vikings running back Adrian Peterson, someone to follow him in the pocket and serve as a one-man wrecking crew to stop the run. The Bears are dangerously thin at defensive tackle, which usually is the position essential to stopping the run. Vikings 31, Bears 24.

Rick Telander
    Where will the bearded and bowl-cut one lead us? Orton has been revived from a deep-freeze so complete that his rust must be frozen. I have given up predicting these Bears, but this should be the one that makes us yearn for spring. Vikings 22, Bears 14.

Jay Mariotti
    Can't wait to see Tirico, Jaworski and Kornheiser try to sell this scintillating collision. Shouldn't everyone just go outside and have a mass snowball fight? Still trying to figure out how ESPN, which paid $1.1 billion for the rights to 'Monday Night Football,' doesn't have a 'flex' option to trade off games like NBC does on Sunday nights. As you know, the Bears have the wrong Adrian Peterson. Vikings34, Bears 11.

Greg Couch
    Kyle Orton becomes the third Bears QB with a chance to be run over. The Vikings can run the ball in this game with Adrian Peterson, or anyone else. They can shout 'Hey, Bears, we're running up the middle,' and the Bears' defense still couldn't stop it. It can't stop anyone. Vikings 27, Bears 13.

Carol Slezak
    There's only one reason to watch this game: To see how Kyle Orton plays. Here's hoping Orton plays decently, or this one could get really ugly. Vikings 30, Bears 17.

Bears-Vikings: Reporters pick 'em

5:15 PM CST, December 16, 2007
    CHICAGO TRIBUNE PICKS
    TERRY BANNON
    The Bears are sending out Kyle Orton without enough help against an improving team. The passing game isn't there, and the Bears' Adrian Peterson can do only so much. On the other hand, the Vikings' Adrian Peterson probably won't repeat his 224-yard rushing day, but he won't have to.
    Vikings 28, Bears 16

MIKE DOWNEY
    A backfield of Kyle Orton and Adrian Peterson? A defensive line with Jimmy Kennedy? Matt Toeaina? Babatunde Oshinowo? Where, oh, where are our Super Bowl Bears? Can these be the guys who won the NFC title game by 25 points? Who led the Colts 14-6 in Super Bowl XLI? If anybody has seen that team, please report it to your local authorities.
    Vikings 14, Bears 0

DAVID HAUGH
    It's so typical of how backward this season has been for the Bears that they hired three 300-pounders in the last week and are still thin at defensive tackle. This is the wrong game to need more up front. Adrian Peterson might not stop running until he reaches St. Paul. The other Adrian Peterson, the Bears', will spend the night picking up the blitz against a Vikings defense that will come after Kyle Orton. Orton won't be the reason the Bears lose, but he won't make a big enough impact for them to win either. Not at the Metrodome.
    Vikings 31, Bears 23

MELISSA ISAACSON
    Minnesota's Adrian Peterson has shredded far better defenses since Week 6, when he ran for 224 yards and three TDs against the Bears. This is not a good thing for the NFL's 24th-ranked rushing defense. Factor in running back Chester Taylor, the fact that the Vikings have a league-best 17 runs of 20 or more yards and Minnesota's push for the playoffs, and it could be a long night for the Bears. Even if Kyle Orton is not rusty -- and could you blame the guy? -- this could get ugly.
    Vikings 31, Bears 7

VAUGHN McCLURE
    The Vikings have won four in a row and have outscored their opponents 100-34 over their last three. Adrian Peterson poses enough of a problem himself, but now quarterback Tarvaris Jackson is showing signs of life. Not to mention the Bears have dropped three of their last four.
    Vikings 24, Bears 21

FRED MITCHELL
    The Bears have provided no reason to feel confident that their defense can stop anybody. The Vikings will test the Bears' run defense again with the 1-2 punch of Adrian Peterson and Chester Taylor. Kyle Orton has the unenviable task of making his first start of the season in the noise-polluted Metrodome.
    Vikings 31, Bears 20

RICK MORRISSEY
    The Vikings are playing for a playoff spot; the Bears aren't. The Vikings have a running game; the Bears don't. The Vikings are going to come after Kyle Orton like there's no tomorrow. The Bears ... well, I could go on, but why pile on? This isn't going to be pretty.
    Vikings 28, Bears 7

JOHN MULLIN A team on a roll vs. a team on the brink of folding for good. One at home, tasting the playoffs more every week, vs. one that has lost three of its last four in increasingly more demoralizing fashion. The NFL's best against the run vs. the NFL's next to worst at running. Can Bears bring enough creativity to offset personnel disadvantages? The Bears have nothing to lose, but this is Monday night, and the Bears will. Vikings 30, Bears 6

DAN POMPEI
    The Kyle Orton factor makes the Bears somewhat of an unknown in this game. But the one thing we can count on is the Vikings offense should take it to the Bears defense with relative ease.
    Vikings 30, Bears 19

vegasvike is offline Hall of Famer

Re: Chicago Sun Times and Tribune Picks for tonight................interesting

Greg Couch
    Kyle Orton becomes the third Bears QB with a chance to be run over. The Vikings can run the ball in this game with Adrian Peterson, or anyone else. They can shout 'Hey, Bears, we're running up the middle,' and the Bears' defense still couldn't stop it. It can't stop anyone. Vikings 27, Bears 13.
    that is funny I just hope it isnt a jinx
    Thanks for the sig Pack93z

I love when you take breaks from plucking your unibrow and grunting/slapping to makes posts in this forum

shockzilla is offline PPO Ambassador
    Blog Entries

All I gotta say is, OUCH.
    PPO Ambassador, Defender of the Purple Faith and Guardian of the Gates of Valhalla

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

and I always thought that the Twin Cities media were harsh on their howntown team.... who'd be a Bears player with support like this?
    lol
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

Lots of bulletin board material for the bears locker room. I think they are going to come out and play with a lot of enthusiasm. If the vikes get a big lead then they will probably mail it in but if they can hang around in the first half or get a lead, watch out. The vikings really embarrassed them at home in the first meeting of the season and I am sure they havn't forgotten.

seaniemck7 is offline Hall of Famer

"jmcdon00" wrote:
    Lots of bulletin board material for the bears locker room. I think they are going to come out and play with a lot of enthusiasm. If the vikes get a big lead then they will probably mail it in but if they can hang around in the first half or get a lead, watch out. The vikings really embarrassed them at home in the first meeting of the season and I am sure they havn't forgotten.
    I totally agree.
    Divisional rivals always pose threats.
    Philly-Dallas game yesterday, anyone? We need to pound the ball early and often and get in the endzone.
    Crush the Bear's spirits early. Kyle Orten doesn't increase the amount of talent on the Bear's offensive side of the ball.
    However, starting Orton could bring more of a mental lift than anything else.
    Some times that is all a team needs.

We need to be prepared and mentally focused on this one - no deer in headlights being on a national stage.

MaxVike is offline Team Alumni

I think their media has it right!
    The Bears got used to winning last year with sporatic, mediocre QB play...injuries, and the same QB play have placed them where they are.
    Vikes, with support of Purple Pride will crush the Bears tonight...we will beat them like a drum.
    This is a statement game for Chilly and the Vikes.
    We will pound you with our O-line and running game and we will not allow you to run; at all.

MAN, do I wish I was in the Dome for this one.
    Home town crowd is gonna be rocking, the Defense is gonna be STOKED, and, yes, they do have the wrong Adrian Peterson.

I have goose bumps already!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    GO VIKES

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

I never like it when all the sports writers pick us.. It's always a bad omen. We need to live up to the hype that we've been receiving from the media this week and come out on all cylinders. This will be my first Vikings game in HD so they had better make it count.

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

"PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:
    I never like it when all the sports writers pick us.. It's always a bad omen. We need to live up to the hype that we've been receiving from the media this week and come out on all cylinders. This will be my first Vikings game in HD so they had better make it count.
    Hahaha... sounds like a true Vikings fan. I was thinking the same thing.

I like being the underdogs, but when we're in the driver's seat... stuff just seems to go wrong.
    :-
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

tastywaves is online now Ring of Fame

Not a single writer picked their beloved Bears.
    AD coming off of an embarrassing performance will have a lot of anger in his running.
    Bad time to be the bears defense.

Lets go Minny, no let downs.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast