Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

Re: Can you stop Favre and the passing game?

"Bowchee" wrote:
    "pack93z" wrote:
    "Bowchee" wrote:
    If the Vikes lose it will be because of the Lambeau "12th man" (the guy in the striped shirt) or the guy in the headset (Childress), not Farve (spelling corrected). Remember how Farve started the last game by flinging yet another pick? Hmmm... bad story line, let's call it back. Apart from the obvious ref bias, I'd hope that Farve could play forever.
    Yep, blame it on the refs.. I seem to remember bad calls going both ways that Sunday.. but pick out the ones that favor you.

You can try to dismiss the argument, but you know it's true. That game and many games end up being decided by ONE possesion, so, yes, it was decided by the refs. I've seen it too many times over the years and almost always when playing the Fudge. I've seen it in the Vikes favor when playing the Lions in particular but never to the same extent. Revisit this unprecedented apology: http://espn.go.com/nfl/news/2002/1211/1475659.html . You can bet on it being a factor.

P.S. Guys, Purple Jesus??? Let's stick with A.P.
    Good article. The game this year in the dome may have been worse than that one. I remember reading quotes from the head official of that game where he admitted that he had a horrible day and made numerouse errors.

P.S. The problem with going with A.P. is that is not his nickname. His nickname is AD. All day. The problem with A.D. is that everyone thinks it's AP. Some have called him the "Cashier" but I think that has been used by too many people. Purple Jesus is unique, easy to remember, and fitting of his incredible abilities. I understand that some might find it offensive, something about taking the Lords name in vain, or worshipping false gods, but seriously it is just a fun nickname and is totally harmless.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"Bowchee" wrote:
    If you're going to stick with anything, it's "AD", not "AP".

However, Purple Jesus shall triumph over all adversity.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

pack93z is offline Team Alumni

"Marrdro" wrote:
    Things to watch.

Time of possession.
    If we can keep the hated PUKERS on the bench a bit longer than we did last time, Lord Favreeeeee will get antsy to make a big play.
    Hopefully the odds are in our favor for him to finally start chucking them up like the Brettly of old.

1.He is ranked
    as the 8th best passer with 2406yds, 13 TDs and 8 INT's.
    Again, he still makes mistakes.

With our team first in the league in the rushing catagory (AD 1036 yds Hell Parker is closest one with 768 ) we should be able to run at a pretty good clip.
    One of the PUKER posters said something along the lines of limiting ADs yards to 6 or 8 or something like that.
    Hell, I will take 6 to 8 yards at a pop, send CT in for a series or two to give him a breather all the while keeping the PUKER D on the field.

That should spell doom.
    Fresh legs against tired leggs = TD for AD/CT in my book.

2.B-wade had 83 yards against them last game.
    Seems they are just as bad at the slant route as we are.
    Throw a few of those in with a heavy does of AD and thier vaunted D might get a bit soft.

3.Another PUKER fans comment was that AD would be slower in the grass to make his cuts.
    Hmmmm. Unless I'm mistaken, AD will be running on the same grass as the PUKER D will be on.
    Seems to me that AD is faster than them on turf no matter what the composition.
    ;D

4.Can we convert 3rd downs at a better clip than that game (3-15).
    Again, this will keep lord Favrrrrreee off the field.

PUKERS seem to have pre-snap penalty issues.
    Hopefully we limit our and they continue to have issues in that area.

5.The PUKERS have some significant injury issues that might or might not be resolved on D.
    The biggest IMHO is the loss of CB Collins who will be replace by the rook Aaron Rouse.
    I know this kid from his time at VT.
    Not a bad defender but he is/has had injury issue in the past as well as this year.
    Lets hope he has to deal with B-wade (slants) or match up agains Rice/T-will deep.
    Might be something to exploit if they are cheating up to stop AD.

6.Vikes QB play.
    We will have to have good play out of our QB whoever that is.
    This equates to no turnovers, with a passing game that gets us 3rd and long conversions when needed.
    Nothing fancy, just enough to keep them honest, as we did against SD.

Anyway, I just don't see this as the big blowout or eventual loss that some have contended on here.
    I look forward to a very rewarding win in Lamblow against the Hated PUKER team and the groveling of thier fans that dare show thier face after the win.

;D

SKOL Vikings.
    1. Leading the league in ypg and making for the most part great decisions.. Jennings quit on a route in KC leading to one and Favre misplaced the other one.. bad throw. But again, against probably the best CB tandem in the league in Denver.. no picks and torched them. We will take our chances with Favre.

2. Bobby Wade did have 83 yards on us, but seeing that was in the dome on turf.. I think I like our chances with Bobby "don't touch me" Wade..

3. I am not sold the AP can keep his feet under him and cut on grass the same way he does on turf. Watch the Bears game on grass, he made very few major cuts (because the Bears suck, had to throw that in) and mostly got to run down hill. If we can keep him from turning upfield right away.. I think his impact will be lessened.

4.Over the past two weeks we have had 3 drives consume over 8 minutes apiece mostly with high percentage 3rd downs.. ball control against the Vikes.. keeping AP on the sidelines while getting further and further behind. Chilly will get nervous and start to panic.. leading to less carries for AP.

5. Cory Williams will be in the line up and the bodes well for us.. he is probably the best DT we have as far as penetrating the LOS.. plus he is fast for his size. Rouse will do fine in the game, he is a hitter and wraps up pretty well. If the Vikes has more of a passing thread, maybe this would be a liability, but alas we are okay in this game.

6. I think I like the matchup with us having 8 men in the box and letting your Wides and whomever at QB beat us via the air in base sets. If it is a 3rd and long or known passing down.. KGB will be licking his chops on running around Mt McKinnie.. sorry boys.. he might be all that in the running game but the same ol' slow footed tackle in pass protection. Oh and don't forget about Kampman comming in off the RT beating whomever you place out there.. Cook will be cooked.

With all that said, yes it was a closer game than I want to admit last game, but we survived in the dome and now have you in our house. But it should be a good game overall and as long as we don't let AP go off.. I think the Pack eeeks this one out.

Good luck hunting...

"Bowchee" wrote:
    You can try to dismiss the argument, but you know it's true. That game and many games end up being decided by ONE possesion, so, yes, it was decided by the refs. I've seen it too many times over the years and almost always when playing the Fudge. I've seen it in the Vikes favor when playing the Lions in particular but never to the same extent. Revisit this unprecedented apology: http://espn.go.com/nfl/news/2002/1211/1475659.html . You can bet on it being a factor.

Oh my goodness, we have been as well, 9 bad calls and only 5 of them went against the Vikes.. so the other 4 were against the Packers.. just about even..

Look, I could find facts were the Packers were screwed by the refs, in fact every team in the NFL could. It evens out of the course of a season or a rivalry.. refs are human.. players are human... let that go, play the game on the field and move on. Would you like me to point out the countless times Moss and Carter pushed off over the years?

It is part of the game, bogus holding calls which could be called almost everydown, or pass interference plays that are incorrect.. trust me the refs aren't out to get the Vikings.. you lose the game on the field.. period.

Bowchee is offline Rookie

"Zeus" wrote:
    "Bowchee" wrote:
    If you're going to stick with anything, it's "AD", not "AP".

However, Purple Jesus shall triumph over all adversity.

=Z=
    My bad (on the AP - AD). With 60k+ fans chanting, it all sounds the same. Purple Jesus seems a bit much, but maybe it will irritate some Packer fans. Purple Jesus it is!
    "Usually the team that scores the most points is going to win it." - John Madden

DustinDupont is offline Team Alumni

"pack93z" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Things to watch.

Time of possession.
    If we can keep the hated PUKERS on the bench a bit longer than we did last time, Lord Favreeeeee will get antsy to make a big play.
    Hopefully the odds are in our favor for him to finally start chucking them up like the Brettly of old.

1.He is ranked

With our team first in the league in the rushing catagory (AD 1036 yds Hell Parker is closest one with 768 ) we should be able to run at a pretty good clip.
    One of the PUKER posters said something along the lines of limiting ADs yards to 6 or 8 or something like that.
    Hell, I will take 6 to 8 yards at a pop, send CT in for a series or two to give him a breather all the while keeping the PUKER D on the field.

That should spell doom.

Throw a few of those in with a heavy does of AD and thier vaunted D might get a bit soft.

3.Another PUKER fans comment was that AD would be slower in the grass to make his cuts.
    Hmmmm. Unless I'm mistaken, AD will be running on the same grass as the PUKER D will be on.
    ;D

5.The PUKERS have some significant injury issues that might or might not be resolved on D.
    The biggest IMHO is the loss of CB Collins who will be replace by the rook Aaron Rouse.
    Not a bad defender but he is/has had injury issue in the past as well as this year.
    Lets hope he has to deal with B-wade (slants) or match up agains Rice/T-will deep.

6.Vikes QB play.
    This equates to no turnovers, with a passing game that gets us 3rd and long conversions when needed.

Anyway, I just don't see this as the big blowout or eventual loss that some have contended on here.
    I look forward to a very rewarding win in Lamblow against the Hated PUKER team and the groveling of thier fans that dare show thier face after the win.

;D

SKOL Vikings.
    1. Leading the league in ypg and making for the most part great decisions.. Jennings quit on a route in KC leading to one and Favre misplaced the other one.. bad throw. But again, against probably the best CB tandem in the league in Denver.. no picks and torched them. We will take our chances with Favre.

2. Bobby Wade did have 83 yards on us, but seeing that was in the dome on turf.. I think I like our chances with Bobby "don't touch me" Wade..

3. I am not sold the AP can keep his feet under him and cut on grass the same way he does on turf. Watch the Bears game on grass, he made very few major cuts (because the Bears suck, had to throw that in) and mostly got to run down hill. If we can keep him from turning upfield right away.. I think his impact will be lessened.
    4.Over the past two weeks we have had 3 drives consume over 8 minutes apiece mostly with high percentage 3rd downs.. ball control against the Vikes.. keeping AP on the sidelines while getting further and further behind. Chilly will get nervous and start to panic.. leading to less carries for AP.

5. Cory Williams will be in the line up and the bodes well for us.. he is probably the best DT we have as far as penetrating the LOS.. plus he is fast for his size. Rouse will do fine in the game, he is a hitter and wraps up pretty well. If the Vikes has more of a passing thread, maybe this would be a liability, but alas we are okay in this game.

6. I think I like the matchup with us having 8 men in the box and letting your Wides and whomever at QB beat us via the air in base sets. If it is a 3rd and long or known passing down.. KGB will be licking his chops on running around Mt McKinnie.. sorry boys.. he might be all that in the running game but the same ol' slow footed tackle in pass protection. Oh and don't forget about Kampman comming in off the RT beating whomever you place out there.. Cook will be cooked.

With all that said, yes it was a closer game than I want to admit last game, but we survived in the dome and now have you in our house. But it should be a good game overall and as long as we don't let AP go off.. I think the Pack eeeks this one out.

Good luck hunting...
    loved the post marrdro..

but pack93z you got to be kidding me saying that adrian peterson couldnt cut on grass against the bears.... did you see his first touchdown? when he cut all the way to the other side of the field... or his second touchdown? when he was going right and just bursted left and no one could touch him, he can cut fine on grass and just like marrdro said i think the packers our going to be on the same grass as AD...
    and i also like how you made the point there bears suck.... who did you guys lose to?

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"pack93z" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Things to watch.

Time of possession.

1.He is ranked

That should spell doom.

;D

6.Vikes QB play.

;D

SKOL Vikings.

Good luck hunting...
    What the hell does Bobby Wade getting 83 yards have to do with playing on turf? What you are saying has no validity. If I use your logic then Farve will have less than 338 total net passing yards and you rushing attack or lack thereof will have less than 46 net yards. See how dumb that sounds?

Also, I was at the Bears game. Peterson made a lot of major cuts as you call them. He was a beast. What makes you think he cannot do that on the Packers? I know what your going to say. The Bears defense sucks. Really?! They might be having a bad year but there talent is just as good if not better than Green Bay. I am sick of this turf/grass talk. If Peterson can't makes cuts like you say then how the hell is your defense going to change direction. Seems like an equal factor to me. Again see how dumb that sounds?

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

"DustinDupont" wrote:
    "pack93z" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Things to watch.

Time of possession.

1.He is ranked

That should spell doom.

;D

6.Vikes QB play.

;D

SKOL Vikings.

Good luck hunting...
    loved the post marrdro..

but pack93z you got to be kidding me saying that adrian peterson couldnt cut on grass against the bears.... did you see his first touchdown? when he cut all the way to the other side of the field... or his second touchdown? when he was going right and just bursted left and no one could touch him, he can cut fine on grass and just like marrdro said i think the packers our going to be on the same grass as AD...
    and i also like how you made the point there bears suck.... who did you guys lose to?
    I think this is a bad match up for the Vikings. Not because I think the pack is a better team(both are very average) but because the packers rely almost solely on a passing game wich the vikes have struggled against. I think Peterson and the running game will have more success and Peterson will definetly get more than 2 carries in the second half. Should be a great game.

"marstc09" wrote:
    What the hell does Bobby Wade getting 83 yards have to do with playing on turf? What you are saying has no validity. If I use your logic then Farve will have less than 338 total net passing yards and you rushing attack or lack thereof will have less than 46 net yards. See how dumb that sounds?

Also, I was at the Bears game. Peterson made a lot of major cuts as you call them. He was a beast. What makes you think he cannot do that on the Packers? I know what your going to say. The Bears defense sucks. Really?! They might be having a bad year but there talent is just as good if not better than Green Bay. I am sick of this turf/grass talk. If Peterson can't makes cuts like you say then how the hell is your defense going to change direction. Seems like an equal factor to me. Again see how dumb that sounds?
    Bobby Wade has more speed than Harris does.. plain an simple, on grass that will be equalized a bit.. the grass will be nice and soggy for the game on Sunday, tell me that doesn't slow the game down.

We shall see with Peterson, I am not dissing him at all, I won't mention it again.. I will just watch AP sliding on his ass come Sunday because the footing is going to be a little soggy (it is Novemeber).. then I will again think to myself, wonder why he is having trouble cutting the ball up the field.

AP is the best back in the league.. right now without a doubt, but we shall see how he likes the November weather... did you see the forecast?

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"pack93z" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:

Bobby Wade has more speed than Harris does.. plain an simple, on grass that will be equalized a bit.. the grass will be nice and soggy for the game on Sunday, tell me that doesn't slow the game down.

We shall see with Peterson, I am not dissing him at all, I won't mention it again.. I will just watch AP sliding on his ass come Sunday because the footing is going to be a little soggy (it is Novemeber).. then I will again think to myself, wonder why he is having trouble cutting the ball up the field.

AP is the best back in the league.. right now without a doubt, but we shall see how he likes the November weather... did you see the forecast?
    I do not think you are understanding what I am trying to say. Yes being on the grass will slow Bobby down but it is going to slow Harris down too. Why would being on a wet soggy field only affect the Vikings?

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast