Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast
    Frostbite is offline Coach

Re: Can you stop Favre and the passing game?

"C" wrote:
    You guys are gonna get hammered by Adrian Peterson. Sorry Pack93z, you know I like ya... but you are going to get a steady dose of Adrian "Purple Jesus" Peterson.

There is no way he gets benched most of the second half this time... and Favre's old jiggly butt noodle arm can't hang with AP.See you Sunday!!!!

And Why Not?? I remember a guy named Larry Czonka...RB for the Dolphins. The motto was Tackle him if you can. Griese just handed him the ball on almost every down and he just ran over people. It took 8 guys to bring him down usually. A.P. is a different style runner than Czonka was....but it's the same reasoning. Let him run until somebody can stop it.

Cheers!
    Where is Frostbite Falls Minnesota?

deadzone50 is offline Rookie

"C" wrote:
    You guys are gonna get hammered by Adrian Peterson. Sorry Pack93z, you know I like ya... but you are going to get a steady dose of Adrian "Purple Jesus" Peterson.

There is no way he gets benched most of the second half this time... and Favre's old jiggly butt noodle arm can't hang with AP.

See you Sunday!!!!
    How do you like your crow? I will be here at around 3:05 getting the crow ready, pan fried or smoked?

Wooo Hooooo!
    ;D

pack93z is offline Team Alumni

"C" wrote:

There is no way he gets benched most of the second half this time... and Favre's old jiggly butt noodle arm can't hang with AP.

See you Sunday!!!!
    Oh how did I miss this one.. too bad I made the little wager already today..

AP will get his yards.. but as long as he doesn't snap off a couple long TD's the Viking O will stall in the Red Zones and LongShank will be a busy boy... 27 - 16 Packers win this one with a late TD for good measure.

jobusrum is offline Training Camp

so apparently Bollinger will start and Winfield is out meaning McCauley will be starting. That is HUGE since Green Bay has 4 good WR's. Winfield out hurts as he's Minny's best CB. Gotta key in on AP as he's the only thing the Vikes have. I'm fine with him getting his yards as long as he stays out of the EZ.

MaxVike is offline Team Alumni

Not sure if we can stop Favre.
    We need to be +2 in turnovers to win in LambBlow.
    Oh, yeah, Run Adrian, Run.

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

always liked this pic, should be a good game

[img width=450 height=324]http://www.startribune.com/stonline/images/news88/vikepack0997.l.jpg[/img]

SciritaeVike is offline Training Camp

"jobusrum" wrote:
    always liked this pic, should be a good game

[img width=450 height=324]http://www.startribune.com/stonline/images/news88/vikepack0997.l.jpg[/img]

That a good picture, i remember hearing a long time ago from a defensive tackel who was one of the most memorable sacks you got and he replied brett favre. His reasoning was when favre got up he walked over to the DT and called him basically a weakling in a sort of expletive way and spit right into his face.

The game will be great, but i will continue to have faith in the pass rush, hopefully that will unbalance favres pass game, and possibly give our dbs an easier time.

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion

"pack93z" wrote:
    "C" wrote:

See you Sunday!!!!
    Oh how did I miss this one.. too bad I made the little wager already today..

AP will get his yards.. but as long as he doesn't snap off a couple long TD's the Viking O will stall in the Red Zones and LongShank will be a busy boy... 27 - 16 Packers win this one with a late TD for good measure.
    Last time you managed to squeak out a 7pt victory.
    That was before our line had really figured out the blocking assignments to spring Adrian.
    You have gotten a little better....we have gotten an whole lot better.
    Vikes 31 Packers 17
    ;D

WWBGD

squeek out? The Pack led the entire game and with the Vikes dismal offense it wasn't really in doubt. They were up 14 with about 4 minutes to go then suddenly went into prevent D(which I hate) and the Vikes got an easy score. They made a dumb fumble in the end to make it a bit more dramatic but the Pack were in control the entire game

DustinDupont is offline Team Alumni

"jobusrum" wrote:
    squeek out? The Pack led the entire game and with the Vikes dismal offense it wasn't really in doubt. They were up 14 with about 4 minutes to go then suddenly went into prevent D(which I hate) and the Vikes got an easy score. They made a dumb fumble in the end to make it a bit more dramatic but the Pack were in control the entire game
    in control? do u remember when u tight end or who ever caught the ball and then got hit right away and fumbled? and greenway took it to the house but then they said it was and incomplete pass, and you cant challenge an incomplete pass.... then u guys ended up scroing a cuople plays later that is a 14 point swing... but you guys where lucky ap only carried it 12 times... and it was a close game through out