Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Can you stop Favre and the passing game?

"PackersFan" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "PackersFan" wrote:
    Where are you guys ranked defensively against the pass?

Oh that's right, 31st.
    ;D
    I dig it when people quote the Vikings' "Pass Defense is 31st" kaka del rio, because it really shows the depth of thinking that those folks are doing.
    The press does it all the time, those morons.

What decides games in the NFL?
    Points.
    You win if you score more than the opposition.

And the Minnesota Vikings are currently 10th in the NFL in scoring defense at 19.2 PPG.

=Z=
    You're right, I'll use your way of thinking(you kind of walked into this one).

We are ranked 5th in the NFL in scoring defense allowing 17.8 ppg. You are ranked 10th, allowing 19.2.

We are ranked 10th in scoring offense scoring 24.2 ppg. You're tied for 14th WITH THE DOLPHINS scoring 20.8 ppg. You're right, you win if you score more than the opposition. LOL Good times.
    And the Packers are 7-1 and the Vikes are 3-5.
    Your point?

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

PackersFan is offline Training Camp

"Zeus" wrote:
    "PackersFan" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "PackersFan" wrote:
    Where are you guys ranked defensively against the pass?

Oh that's right, 31st.
    ;D
    I dig it when people quote the Vikings' "Pass Defense is 31st" kaka del rio, because it really shows the depth of thinking that those folks are doing.
    The press does it all the time, those morons.

What decides games in the NFL?
    Points.
    You win if you score more than the opposition.

And the Minnesota Vikings are currently 10th in the NFL in scoring defense at 19.2 PPG.

=Z=
    You're right, I'll use your way of thinking(you kind of walked into this one).

We are ranked 5th in the NFL in scoring defense allowing 17.8 ppg. You are ranked 10th, allowing 19.2.

We are ranked 10th in scoring offense scoring 24.2 ppg. You're tied for 14th WITH THE DOLPHINS scoring 20.8 ppg. You're right, you win if you score more than the opposition. LOL Good times.
    And the Packers are 7-1 and the Vikes are 3-5.
    Your point?

=Z=
    What's my point? You were trying to make the point that becuase your scoring defense is ranked 10th in the NFL, you'd win. My point is not that hard to comprehend - our scoring defense and scoring offense is better, that kind of diminishes the stat you used doesn't it?

You said:

What decides games in the NFL? Points. You win if you score more than the opposition. And the Minnesota Vikings are currently 10th in the NFL in scoring defense at 19.2 PPG.

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

"PackersFan" wrote:

What's my point? You were trying to make the point that becuase your scoring defense is ranked 10th in the NFL, you'd win. My point is not that hard to comprehend - our scoring defense and scoring offense is better, that kind of diminishes the stat you used doesn't it?

You said:

What decides games in the NFL? Points. You win if you score more than the opposition. And the Minnesota Vikings are currently 10th in the NFL in scoring defense at 19.2 PPG.
    What's happened in the past 8 games is irrelevant to Sunday.
    The key will be getting pressure on Farve, as always.
    I we succeed, he throws picks, if we don't he throws TDs.

I'm encouraged by the pressure we got on Rivers last week who have IMO a better o-line than the Packers, but then again, Farve is more adept at reading a defense than Rivers.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

PackersFan is offline Training Camp

"ItalianStallion" wrote:
    "PackersFan" wrote:

You said:

What's happened in the past 8 games is irrelevant to Sunday.
    The key will be getting pressure on Farve, as always.
    I we succeed, he throws picks, if we don't he throws TDs.

I'm encouraged by the pressure we got on Rivers last week who have IMO a better o-line than the Packers, but then again, Farve is more adept at reading a defense than Rivers.
    Fair analysis and I agree.
    ;D

The stats in the past 8 games do not matter, but if that's what a poster wants to discuss, I'll battle back with our stats which are superior thus making it less fun for said poster.

vikingivan is offline Star Spokesman

I view this game as a must win.
    If the Vikings are to have any chance at having a playoff run they have to win this game.
    If we do lose, a 3-6 hole is probably to deep to dig ourselves out.
    To stop Favre we need to put pressure on him and force him to make mistakes.

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

"vikingivan" wrote:
    I view this game as a must win.
    If the Vikings are to have any chance at having a playoff run they have to win this game.
    If we do lose, a 3-6 hole is probably to deep to dig ourselves out.
    To stop Favre we need to put pressure on him and force him to make mistakes.
    Pretty much every game is must win at this point.
    We need to win at least 6 more games to have a chance (more likely 7), so we can only afford to lose 1 game, 2 at the max.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

Frostbite is offline Coach

Going back to answer the original question of the thread. Yes...we can beat Farve and the Packers Passing game by keeping posession and not allowing Brett to be on the field that much. Long drives/Ball Control and Points after drives. Let's face it...Brett will complete some passes....hopefully a couple to Vikings defenders. Our pass rush with 4 will need to be strong and our defense will need a stellar game no doubt. I still think we can run with AP and C.Tay all game and keep the ball away from the packer offense.

To me that's the answer.

Cheers!
    Where is Frostbite Falls Minnesota?

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

All Brett does is throw slants and deep balls to Greg Jennings..

Last match up Winny shut down Driver pretty well.. Cedric did a good job on Chambers and I think he can do the same to Jennings..

Watch the slants and Sharper and Dwight will not let the deep ball past them..

Stop the run with the front 4 which we always do.. Expecially against the Packs horrible RB and we should be just fine

pack93z is offline Team Alumni

"V4L" wrote:
    All Brett does is throw slants and deep balls to Greg Jennings..
    Reading the media's grab... for the past couple of weeks the slants have been a very limited percentage of the passing game.. Seams.. outs and curls mixed in with a couple nines and hitches..

"V4L" wrote:
    Last match up Winny shut down Driver pretty well.. Cedric did a good job on Chambers and I think he can do the same to Jennings..
    Ahhh you overlook Jones, KRob, Martin and especially Donald Lee...
    Pick the poison..

"V4L" wrote:
    Watch the slants and Sharper and Dwight will not let the deep ball past them..
    Like this one... I believe that was a slant..
    ;D

"V4L" wrote:
    Stop the run with the front 4 which we always do.. Expecially against the Packs horrible RB and we should be just fine
    Hmmm ... Ahhhhh.. yep with the run blocking right now.. I don't care if AP was in the backfield for the Packers.. the running game is our weakspot. Gotten at least a hint of production the past couple of weeks.. but your stout front probably brings that to a halt this weekend..

But the short passes should augment the lack of a running game.. at least that is the hope.

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

You guys are gonna get hammered by Adrian Peterson. Sorry Pack93z, you know I like ya... but you are going to get a steady dose of Adrian "Purple Jesus" Peterson.

There is no way he gets benched most of the second half this time... and Favre's old ass noodle arm can't hang with AP.

See you Sunday!!!!
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast