Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    gr8vike is offline Asst. Coach

Re: Can you stop Favre and the passing game?

"DustinDupont" wrote:
    "PackersFan" wrote:
    "DustinDupont" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "PackersFan" wrote:
    [quote author=C Mac D link=topic=39427.msg669388#msg669388 date=1194393450]
    [quote author=PackersFan link=topic=39427.msg669386#msg669386 date=1194393331]
    Narrow minded? I could care less if you've stopped him the past. The question was whether you can stop him in this game. The answer is no, you will not shut him down. If you do, I will eat crow, but if you don't you need to eat it. PM me after the game for some good recipes. LOL
    Now the question is: Can you stop AP... who I'm sure Childress WON'T take off the field in the second half. He ran all over you guys the first half last time we played... just a thought. We may not be able to "Stop" Favre... but give me AP anyday.
    I answered that in my first post, I said that we can't stop him but we can contain him. You can bet we're planning for him unlike the Chargers.
    did you hear shawne merriman after the game?.....

He was like we know they where going to run it and we still couldnt stop him... and how can you say that didn't plan for AP.. who else whould they plan for...
    They had 6 in the box most of the time, that's how.

Get ready to see 8 when you play us, our corners are good enough to go man on your less than stellar recievers with little to no help.
    good single up sidney rice... try stoping him one on one... o i think he scored his first touchdown against u guys
    [/quote]

Putting 8 in the box just means he will have a better chance to break more big runs. When he breaks to the second level, which he will, there will be nothing but End Zone in front of him. I am sick of hearing everyone say the Chargers didnt plan for him either. You dont think NFL coaches know what the Vikings strong point is? Come on, even the fans know what our strong point is.

Thanks PPE for the Sig

Fighting on the Internet is like competing in the Special Olympics, even if you win, you are still mentally challenged!

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

"vikingivan" wrote:
    "renovikesfan" wrote:

How cool would it be to play GB in the playoffs again?
    We all know what happened last time.
    ;D
    playoffs!?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qwq7BYOnDrM
    I love this clip
    [youtube=425,350]Qwq7BYOnDrM[/youtube]
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

"gr8vike" wrote:
    "DustinDupont" wrote:
    "PackersFan" wrote:
    "DustinDupont" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    [quote author=PackersFan link=topic=39427.msg669391#msg669391 date=1194393662]
    [quote author=C Mac D link=topic=39427.msg669388#msg669388 date=1194393450]
    [quote author=PackersFan link=topic=39427.msg669386#msg669386 date=1194393331]
    Narrow minded? I could care less if you've stopped him the past. The question was whether you can stop him in this game. The answer is no, you will not shut him down. If you do, I will eat crow, but if you don't you need to eat it. PM me after the game for some good recipes. LOL
    Now the question is: Can you stop AP... who I'm sure Childress WON'T take off the field in the second half. He ran all over you guys the first half last time we played... just a thought. We may not be able to "Stop" Favre... but give me AP anyday.
    I answered that in my first post, I said that we can't stop him but we can contain him. You can bet we're planning for him unlike the Chargers.
    did you hear shawne merriman after the game?.....

He was like we know they where going to run it and we still couldnt stop him... and how can you say that didn't plan for AP.. who else whould they plan for...
    They had 6 in the box most of the time, that's how.

Get ready to see 8 when you play us, our corners are good enough to go man on your less than stellar recievers with little to no help.
    good single up sidney rice... try stoping him one on one... o i think he scored his first touchdown against u guys
    [/quote]

Putting 8 in the box just means he will have a better chance to break more big runs. When he breaks to the second level, which he will, there will be nothing but End Zone in front of him. I am sick of hearing everyone say the Chargers didnt plan for him either. You dont think NFL coaches know what the Vikings strong point is? Come on, even the fans know what our strong point is.
    [/quote]
    I don't get it either but I was at the game and most of the time they did have 2 safeties back. That might have been part of the plan to stop Peterson from the big runs, but it didn't work and I think they really did us a favor by playing that way.

gr8vike is offline Asst. Coach

I was there also and I did notice that most the time they did have their safeties back. I just believe that if they put 8 in the box they are in trouble. Peterson is not the easiest to tackle from what I have seen and when he breaks to that second level I would be willing to bet that he can beat a cornerback everytime.

Its also not like the Chargers are the Dolphins or Browns, this was the 7th ranked run defense before the game. After the game they are now ranked 22nd. Green Bay is now ranked 8th against the run, I bet after this weekend they will be ranked in the teens.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/statistics?stat=teamrush&sort=ypg&pos=def&league=n fl&year=2007&season=2

Thanks PPE for the Sig

Fighting on the Internet is like competing in the Special Olympics, even if you win, you are still mentally challenged!

PackersFan is offline Training Camp

Where are you guys ranked defensively against the pass?

Oh that's right, 31st.
    ;D

I'm just messin' with you guys, this should be a good game, it usually always is! I'm pumped!

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"PackersFan" wrote:

Oh that's right, 31st.
    ;D
    I dig it when people quote the Vikings' "Pass Defense is 31st" bullshit, because it really shows the depth of thinking that those folks are doing.
    The press does it all the time, those morons.

What decides games in the NFL?
    Points.
    You win if you score more than the opposition.

And the Minnesota Vikings are currently 10th in the NFL in scoring defense at 19.2 PPG.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

ThorSPL is offline Team Alumni

31st?
    Hey are we improving??

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

www.twitter.com/ThorSPL

"Zeus" wrote:
    "PackersFan" wrote:

Oh that's right, 31st.
    ;D
    I dig it when people quote the Vikings' "Pass Defense is 31st" kaka del rio, because it really shows the depth of thinking that those folks are doing.
    The press does it all the time, those morons.

What decides games in the NFL?
    Points.
    You win if you score more than the opposition.

And the Minnesota Vikings are currently 10th in the NFL in scoring defense at 19.2 PPG.

=Z=
    You're right, I'll use your way of thinking(you kind of walked into this one).

We are ranked 5th in the NFL in scoring defense allowing 17.8 ppg. You are ranked 10th, allowing 19.2.

We are ranked 10th in scoring offense scoring 24.2 ppg. You're tied for 14th WITH THE DOLPHINS scoring 20.8 ppg. You're right, you win if you score more than the opposition. LOL Good times.

purple punk 56 is offline Training Camp

[

We are ranked 5th in the NFL in scoring defense allowing 17.8 ppg. You are ranked 10th, allowing 19.2.

We are ranked 10th in scoring offense scoring 24.2 ppg. You're tied for 14th WITH THE DOLPHINS scoring 20.8 ppg. You're right, you win if you score more than the opposition. LOL Good times.
    [/quote]

Hey Cheddar Head....it's just my personal opinion, but you really can't base a game on it's numbers going into it. Look at your last few games, who the hell would have predicted that the old man would throw two huge plays like he did at the end of the game to get the W?

It's always a great border battle for the fact that teams who really don't like each other play a completely different style. Numbers and stats can be chucked out the window.

Tell you what.....The old man better be keeping his eye on Sharper. enough said.
    GO VIKES
    VIKES FAN FOR LIFE.
    GREAT
    PURPLE PRIDE.
    WONDERFUL
    HATEING MY CHEDDAR HEAD FAN NEIGHBOR.
    PRICELESS

"purple" wrote:
    [

Hey Cheddar Head....it's just my personal opinion, but you really can't base a game on it's numbers going into it. Look at your last few games, who the hell would have predicted that the old man would throw two huge plays like he did at the end of the game to get the W?

It's always a great border battle for the fact that teams who really don't like each other play a completely different style. Numbers and stats can be chucked out the window.

Tell you what.....The old man better be keeping his eye on Sharper. enough said.
    GO VIKES

[/quote]

Cause Sharper is SUCH a huge threat. He should know more than anyone not to taunt Brett, only makes him play better. Should be a fun game.

I only used the same numbers that the Queens fan used on me...they just didn't work out so well for you, it is what it is. I'm not crazy so I do understand the intangibles coming into a game with a rival, but numbers are ammo in smack talk. He used 'em on me so i used 'em on him(the same numbers by the way, just put ours in there too).

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast