Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    mnjamie is offline Ring of Fame

Re: Can we start talking about the Bucs game yet?

"SKOL" wrote:
    1). Vikings O > Bucs D
    2). Vikings D > Bucs O
    3). Vikings S.T. > Bucs S.T.
    4). Gruden > Meathead

Factor number 4). will keep the game close. It'll be 3 points either way (although I'm hoping for a Vikings blowout).
    Good call ... agree with all 4 points and the sidenote.

Of course! We're gonna destroy em! How else do we set up our stage to collapse from? Gotta win game one!

triedandtruevikesfan is offline Jersey Retired

Heh... I think this game is going to be amusing. Hovan's first homecoming. Is it just me or does it speak volumes as to how bad Tampa's D now is if HE is one of their starters????

toemaster6 is offline Rookie

They do have a some hot looking cheerleaders though. Other than that they don't have a chance. Anybody got any good ideas on what to do with my hovan jersey? I'm thinking about having a burning ritual sat night to appease the viking gods.
    This year the Vikes D is really going to find out if Farve tastes like chicken and to any Charger fans

THE CHARGERS SUCK!

pigskinronin is offline Starter

ESPN insider takes a look at mismatches each week (player vs player); there is only 3 mismatches listed --- one of them happens to be from the MN/TB game:
    mismatch

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

"cajunvike" wrote:
    Yeah, I think that the DL is gonna romp this season...they have enough personnel to rotate in and stay fresh, without too much dropoff in production...which will help us at the end of games!

Romp, huh? You and your one track mind!! lol

We WIN, that's all that matters to me! I will be able to go to school on Monday a happy man!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

The game will be like New Englands. I think our defense will look shakey and innconsistant at first...but...as the late 2end and second half roll around they'll come into their own and start to Gel. I live here in the tampa greater area...Bucs fans are drunken inbred rednecks...no lie....Its like the less drunken inbred rednecks from greenbay moved down here and started a team.

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

ShanePurpleBlood is offline Coordinator

"WilliamsonOfTroy" wrote:
    The game will be like New Englands. I think our defense will look shakey and innconsistant at first...but...as the late 2end and second half roll around they'll come into their own and start to Gel. I live here in the tampa greater area...Bucs fans are drunken inbred rednecks...no lie....Its like the less drunken inbred rednecks from greenbay moved down here and started a team.
    That's a riot!

Another great sig by PPE!
    SKOL VIKINGS!!!
    Vikings #1
    Raiders #2
    Hawkeyes #1
    Longhorns #2

ShanePurpleBlood is offline Coordinator

"pigskinronin" wrote:
    ESPN insider takes a look at mismatches each week (player vs player); there is only 3 mismatches listed --- one of them happens to be from the MN/TB game:
    mismatch
    No doubt the DL and offense will dominate. It will be a BLOWOUT! Teams will definelty get scared of us after watching this game. KWill is a serious mismatch for anyone on the Buc line!

Another great sig by PPE!
    SKOL VIKINGS!!!
    Vikings #1
    Raiders #2
    Hawkeyes #1
    Longhorns #2

Prophet Guest

I saw Cadillac Williams play quite a bit in college last year, that guy sure looks like the real deal. The Vikes D really needs to stuff this rookie and let him know he is in the big leagues now.

I'm really excited about the D. I'm predicting that by the end of the season, barring any major injuries, the Vikes D will be ranked as high as 15th overall. This should be good enough to supplement the O.

I would be more worried about this game if Dungy was still coaching the Bucs, Gruden has minimal experience against the Vikings and I don't think he has any experience coming to our house. The home field advantage will be huge.

Frankly, I would be surprised if the Vikings lost this matchup. We know that Chucky is losing much sleep trying to come up with a game plan, but the D is a big unknown to everyone. That is a good thing, since there isn't a team in the NFL, except for the Saints, that has more of a mentally challenged coach than the Vikes. I don't mean to beat this to death, but I think Tice uses every ounce of his mental ability to come up with a game plan and has nothing left over for game-time adjustments. You watch a well-coached team like the Patriots and there are always noticable shifts, many times a game often, in the strategy and game-plan. Tice lacks this ability.

I have every confidence in the offense. Sure, the O-line is a bit shaky and the RB situation could be better, but, then again, it could be much worse. I have confidence in Culpepper's leadership skills and his ability to bail us out when needed and the receiving corps is definitely serviceable and has more depth than most teams.

In summary, with a D that is even a little improved going into the first game and an offense that is still potent, the Vikes should prevail relatively easily.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast