Can Always Count On A DEFENSIVE DOG FIGHT!!!

AWESOME GAME GUYS!!!!

We almost had ya! LOL!!!!

Well, looks like our Pre-Season starts next Sunday. Told you you'd have a cake walk.....well, I guess it wasn't exactly a cake walk, but the VIKINGS won, and I CONGRATULATE them!!!
    Both Offenses have a bit to work on.....the BEARS more so then the Vikings. But, the Vikings can use a bit of "tuning" also.

Both DEFENSES were KILLER!....as always whenever we play each other.
    There were some missed opportunities by our Defense. But, overall, I thought they were much better then they have been this past season.
    It was good to have Nate Vasher back. And Urlacher was a monster for a while.

As usual, our Offensive Play Calling totally sucked the big one.
    Proving to the world that they are "who" everyone thought they were.
    ...in fact, in my opinion, they're even worse then anyone could have thought they were. LOL!

Lots of work there, indeed.
    It all starts with revamping that line....perhaps 4-5 guys. And finding a dam running back.
    (Hello, Michael Turner?)

Speaking of "TURNER"....our OC really needs to go away now.
    Can you even believe, with an entire MINUTE AND A HALF, and ONE TIME OUT LEFT, they decide to throw a freakin' hail mary!!!?????

Geesus!.....what a pathetic JOKE.

Your ST's were extraordinary shutting down Devin Hester.
    And Chilldress totally out coached our "Mr. Coach Of The Year"!!!

And though some will blame things (bad calls) on the "refs"......that's totally BS.
    Every game has some bad calls.....EVERY GAME.
    You can't blame a loss on Bad Calls. If the team is performing well, there's nothing the "refs" can do to disrupt that.
    Good teams overcome bad calls.
    There were "bad calls" on both sides, and the VIKINGS proved to be the better team. PERIOD.

(I told ya this team sucked BIG TIME. At least they didn't make a liar out of me! LOL!!!!)

What did I say yesterday?......the only ones that aren't aware of just how bad the BEARS suck....are the BEARS themselves.

Good luck through the rest of the season, and beyond!

Now, go take out those Fudgies, and show'em all just what the BLACK & BLUE is meant to be!

YOU DESERVE TO BE THERE!!!!

Oh, and MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU ALL, and an AWESOME NEW YEAR!!!

--------------------
    www.dabearz.com
    --------------------

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Can Always Count On A DEFENSIVE DOG FIGHT!!!

Solid post my friend.
    Solid post.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

Thanks for the heads up to our team.

I think it's a class act to come back after a loss, and stand up to being a fan, and telling it how you see it.

You're correct that you have a lot to worry about. Along with the RB, you might want to look at (even another) QB to throw the ball to your new wonderboy TE. Btw. Moose and Berrian didn't get much in either. Will the latter be leaving now in the offseason?

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

"cogitans" wrote:
    Thanks for the heads up to our team.

I think it's a class act to come back after a loss, and stand up to being a fan, and telling it how you see it.

You're correct that you have a lot to worry about. Along with the RB, you might want to look at (even another) QB to throw the ball to your new wonderboy TE. Btw. Moose and Berrian didn't get much in either. Will the latter be leaving now in the offseason?
    hmmmmm......I hope Berrian stays. Moose can go away now. He's just getting too old. He was GREAT in his day. And, you'll always have to give him that. But, those "days" haven't been with the BEARS.

As for the QB.....call me nuts, but I still believe that Grossman, behind a good O-Line can still be a great factor in the NFL.

I look at it this way.....his first year, as with any rookie QB, is spent on the bench. Watching and learning.
    His second year, he gets hurt right out of the box, and is down for the rest of the year.
    His third year.....the same thing happens. But he keeps on persevering, and rehabbing.
    His fourth year, which is really his first year, he comes back after two years of rehab, and takes everyone by storm for the first 6 games or so. Numbers well over 100. That's pretty dam good.
    But then he starts to have some mediocre games, and some just flat out horrible.
    But, all in all.....he's IN the Super Bowl!......in his FIRST YEAR!!!

That's just unheard of for a Quarterback.

How long did it take Marino????........oh yeah, never mind.

If you took Tavarius, or Grossman.....or any QB for that matter, and plugged them into the PATRIOTS O-Line, with Randy Moss to throw to all day, they would look dam near as good as Brady.
    So, I really don't think that WRECKS is the problem. After seeing just how Jurassic this Offensive line is this year I am CONVINCED it's NOT Grossman.
    The O-Line is just HORRIBLE. And so is the play calling.

I think just by tweeking the O-Line with, say....4-5 GOOD "young" players, and a decent running back, along with a GREAT OC, and the Defense comes back all healthy...and stay that way, that they can be, at least, a contender next year again.

Not DIVISION yet.....but at least CONTENDER.

Then, in the 2009/2010 season we may have a chance again for the division. Or better?

The VIKINGS, on the other hand, are good to go for at least another 3-5 years!

You "players" are pretty much in place. They just need tweaking as far as staying on the same page. Once they learn that....they'll be the ones to beat for years to come.
    Let's face it....GREEN BAY is in the dog house once Favre retires.
    ...and I don't even know what to say about the LIONS. Those guys really deserve a contender also.

Anyway.....I'm heading over to my board for a while.

As I said.....GREAT GAME!......and MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU ALL AND YOUR LOVED ONES!

BRING THAT LOMBARDI BACK WHERE IT BELONGS! - GO GET'EM VIKES!!!

--------------------
    www.dabearz.com
    --------------------