Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    Prophet Guest

Re: Browns to Invade Minnesota!

I reckon that before football was invented and when a clan called the Browns tried to invade the Vikings the result was the same.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

LOL yeah, you're probably right!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"Prophet" wrote:
    I reckon that before football was invented and when a clan called the Browns tried to invade the Vikings the result was the same.
    There can be only one!

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

dunedindawg is offline Waterboy

The Browns invaded alright and were handing out turnovers like they were Santa Clause on December 25th!

The Browns play calling is horrible as you will all attest to now. Did you notice right after Dilfer was sacked and sprained his ankles they decide to run a double reverse 12 yards deep? Dilfer fumbles when hit and the Browns give the Vikings the ball o ntheir own 15 yard line, simply stupid!

Also saw that on 3rd and 13 from inside the Vikings 20 the Browns run a play with only 1 WR! They end up leaking the FB and Te out of the backfield, but as soon as they exit, you guessed it, Dilfer is sacked.

I knew that Center Jeff Faine would have his hands full with Dt Pat Williams and he did. Faine just does not have enough ass to move a big body or block one like Williams.

I think the defense did a good job against the Vikings running game, but were horrible in pass defense. 7-14 in stopping 3rd downs is typical of their season. Also their putrid attempts in the Red Zone. Anyone else swear at Dilfer when instead of downing the ball with 43 seconds to go in the half he huddled the team up and wasted alost 30 seconds? No you wouldn't be swearing, he doesn't play for you!

It's not easy being a Browns fan and today you see why. Good luck the rest of the way and congrats on the team turning around their season.

C-PepNSalt is offline Pro-Bowler

We have a lot in common for head coaches...Tice doesn't exactly make the smartest moves either...luckily we have a QB that knows how to handle the play clock!
    Good luck the rest of the season.
    "Johnson, we will keep on beating them until morale improves."

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Thanx Dunedindawg!

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"dunedindawg" wrote:
    The Vikings are averaging just over 92 yards per game running the ball and that is heavily inflated due to this past Monday night. They have not consistently run the ball all year. Granted the Browns run defense is not the best, but the Vikings ability to run the ball is not what I would be hanging my hat on if I were them or you.

The Vikings protecting the ball and forcing Cleveland turnovers is the best bet for a win Sunday.

Also the Vikings run defense has been good the last 6 games, but was torched the first 4 games of the year. Deep down you are all hoping they don't revert back to the way they played early in the year. I do the same thing with the Browns. The Browns have run the ball very well the past 5 weeks and will be a tough test for the Vikings Sunday.
    You nailed it, dude!!! :grin:
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Gift is offline Coordinator

Good luck to the Browns the rest of the way
    http://www.purplepride.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6169&dateline=1318052  159

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

Cleveland sure has some nice fans. While I didn't see all that many of them at the Metrodome, the ones I did see were all well mannered. I chatted with a couple of them, and they were all real down-to-earth people. So, hats off to the Browns fans.

The Browns themselves struggled a bit. I agree with dunedindawg (That's a LotR reference, isn't it) that Cleveland's play calling was a bit off. Their offense had spurts of effectiveness, then managed to grind itself to a halt time after time. Hard to win when you can't score (Ask us how we know).

What had me throwing fits was their return game. Every time we had a chance to pin them deep, we let them slid up and get close to mid-field. In fact, IMHO Edinger saved two TD returns!!!! It was almost as if our Special teams unit figured they could take the game off since both the O and the D were doing well.

Anyway, I was pleased with the out come (obviously), but I sincerely wirsh the Browns well. I still think that they're a team on the brink...just a couple of key players and they'll be contending.

Caine

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

I thought his SN was a reference to Dunedin, FL...shows how little I know! LOL!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast