Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Browns to Invade Minnesota!

I love Pat Williams assessment in today's Tribune:

A week after Green Bay running back Samkon Gado rushed for 103 yards against Atlanta, he managed 7 yards on 10 carries against the Vikings. So pardon nose tackle Pat Williams if he doesn't seem concerned about the next running back the Vikings will face.

Cleveland's Reuben Droughns has rushed for at least 100 yards in two of his past three games, including a 166-yard effort last week in the Browns' 22-0 victory over Miami. But the Vikings have given up an average of 75.6 rushing yards during their past six games, and Williams said of Droughns: "We'll stop him, too."
    You go after 'em Pat!
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

From the Grand Forks Herald;
    Posted on Fri, Nov. 25, 2005

[size=18px]VIKINGS NOTEBOOK: Defense talks tough about Browns[/size]

By Don Seeholzer
    Knight Ridder Newspapers

ST. PAUL - The Minnesota Vikings' defense brought Samkon Gado's 15 minutes of fame to a sudden end Monday night, holding the Green Bay running back to 7 yards on 10 carries in a 20-17 victory.

Next up is Cleveland running back Reuben Droughns, coming off a 166-yard game against Miami that included a 75-yard touchdown run. Nose tackle Pat Williams said the Vikings are ready.

"We aren't worried about that," he said of the Browns' running game. "They've got to worry about us. We weren't worried about that back they had down in Green Bay, whatever his name was ... . It ain't the Dolphins over here. This is a whole different front."

First-year Browns coach and longtime New England defensive coordinator Romeo Crennel said he remembers Williams from when Williams was in Buffalo and knows he has the talent to back up his words.

Throw in fellow defensive tackle Kevin Williams, and Droughns and his offensive line will have their work cut out for them.

"You've got two guys inside who are pretty dominant," Crennel said. "We're going to have to have all our wits about us to try to run the ball. Reuben runs pretty hard, though, and our blockers feel good about his effort. It should be a good matchup."

With 868 yards, Droughns is on pace to become the Browns' first 1,000-yard rusher since Kevin Mack and Earnest Byner both turned the trick in 1985.

Line dance: Tice said after Thursday's practice that he still hasn't decided whether rookie Marcus Johnson or Mike Rosenthal will start at right tackle Sunday. Johnson replaced Rosenthal for the second half Monday night and is expected to get the nod.

Anthony Herrera will start at left guard for Toniu Fonoti, downgraded from questionable to doubtful with a groin injury.

Defensive end Spencer Johnson looked much better, according to Tice, and remains questionable with a knee injury.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Dunedindawg,

I like your sig "Look what happens without dawgbones", but this is what will happen when we toss your dawgs a Vikings bone;

Should be a good game. I'm looking forward to it.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

CanadaViking is offline Pro-Bowler

I am not going to say that this match up is a cake-walk as I am a Vikings fan and until the final whistle blows anything can happen, we are Vikes fans we know this!! I do not like eating crow, so I am cautiously optimistic, however if the boys can keep building on the last few games I like their chances!!

Cleveland is not a team that I have ever really followed that closely however Reuben is playing well and there defense is solid, it will be a tough game, unfortunately for Cleveland the Vikings are hot and coming home after 2 tough road wins. I give the edge to the Vikes in the dome, prediction on the score, nope, just a victory, and really that is all I care about!!

Another note, I believe the Vikings offense is starting to come together and with the defense playing at a high level, and special teams dominating our boys looking pretty solid, GO VIkES!!!

Cheers!

SamDawg84 Guest

dune then y is ur team not ranked better than us?

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

"dunedindawg" wrote:
    The fact that some of you think that the Vikings should have an easy win in funny. They have had 1 easy win this year, against the Saints.

The Vikings were whipped by both the Bears and Bengals. The Browns beat the Bears and played much better then the Vikings against the Bengals.

38-13, 28-3, 30-10 and 37-8 defeats by the Vikings are alarming. They don't just lose, they get blown out! The Browns have lost games, but none by more then 14 points and that was week 1.

Sorry to rain on the parade, but the Browns are coming and it isn't going to be easy for the Vikings to win this game. In fact it is more likely they will lose it. The Browns are a physical team and the Vikings struggle against those type of teams i.e. Bears and Panthers.
    Notice that those blowouts were before we really found our defenseive identity, before Tice realized Looney was a bad coordinator, and while Daunte was sucking it up on the field due to a lack of o-line. You have to realize that the Vikings team we have now is a lot different than the one we had 3 weeks ago. Our defensive secondary is stepping up and becoming one of the better ones in the NFL and we seem to have finally found an, at the least, solid offense with Brad throwing the ball and MeMo running well.

Our O-line has also shaped up. In the early weeks we were one of the most penalized teams in the NFL, most of those penalties coming on the O-line.

Say what you want about early week blowouts but at this point in the season we are a completely different team. Now I'm not saying this is going to be an easy game whatsoever but it should at the very least be a good one to watch. I think that the Browns are an average at best team this year while the vikings are a little above average at best. That makes for a good game all around.

LuckyVike is offline Team Alumni

If the Vikes can put on a good show against the Browns, we should be getting back some of those media idiots that jumped off the bandwagon. I like how it is right now though, going in every week with everyone expecting us to fall on our faces but we prove them wrong... I love it.
    The best part of my day is when I get down on my knees, with my head in my hands, and thank GOD for everything he has given me.

Gift is offline Coordinator

Nice site dude
    http://www.purplepride.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6169&dateline=1318052  159

dunedindawg is offline Waterboy

"SamDawg84" wrote:
    dune then y is ur team not ranked better than us?
    They have one more win then the Browns. The only team that is ranked higher with not as good a record as some behind them is Sand Diego.

I stayed in downtown Cleveland in April for a week. Cleveland fans are serious about supporting the Indians and Browns. I walked around downtown during lunch and the evening and I found it encouraging to see that Cleveland is making strong efforts to develop downtown Cleveland.

The new Browns stadium looked impressive. I didn't get close, it was only about 45 degrees and there was a CONSTANT 25 MPH wind off Lake Erie.

Now that is serious football weather! You have to love football to pay the big bucks to see the Browns and enure that Lake Erie weather!

Too bad the Browns are years away from being a football powerhouse again. Brown fans deserve better.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast