Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    digital420 is offline Team Alumni

Re: Bears to sweep the division

"Reximus" wrote:
    "Ltrey33" wrote:
    Here's a stat for you: Ahman Green averaged 5.5 yards a carry against you guys week one. That's with the horrible Packers offensive line and a team that is ranked 24th in the league in rushing. You may not believe me, but I think we're going to run it down your throats.
    Yeah and how many points did the Pack score? Something is missing from your analysis. I would love for the Bears to give Taylor 5.5 yards a carry if they don't score any points.

Ahman green was shut down in the first half. Later in the game, the Bears stayed in a prevent defense. We even played some of our second string for the 4th quarter. Green broke for some big runs late. Big deal.
    C.taylor has a better O line, not been slowed down by injuries, and if avg's 5.5 per carry. knowing he'll have 30 - 40 carries. it'll be a blowout.

DiGiTaL

"We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Bears to sweap the division

"Reximus" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:
    #1) Welcome to the site, it's nice to see a respectful Bears fan around.

#2) Not to break balls, but you spelled sweep wrong.

#3) Chicago hasn't played a defense like the Vikings, Grossman will definitely eat some dirt tomorrow, he's had a clean uniform the last two weeks because he's played against the Lions and the Packers who have zero pass rush, the Vikings front 4, even w/o Erasmus James will apply a lot of pressure to a considerably weak Bears o-line.

#4) You're right about Grossman, solid accuracy, good arm, quick release. He really does throw great balls, and I see him becoming a top QB in the league, but I honestly do not believe the Bears receivers will have the ease they've had getting open, Berrian is fast, but he'll get man handled at the line by Winfield. Winfield will jam him and throw the timing off a couple of steps, and if Grossman floats one, or overthrows one to try and make up for the lost steps, Sharper will take it down.

Well, that's all for the numbers, nice first post hopefully you stick around for the next Vikes vs. Bears game of the season, but yeah, let's hope for no injuries, God knows we can't afford anymore, and let's also hope for a Vikings win.
    Thanks for the heads up on the spelling error. I'm not terribly careful on internet postings. Message boards, IM's, etc, have been a bad influence on me I think.

You're right that the Vikings D will be the best they've played this year. Grossman will feel more heat then before, but I disagree that the Bears O-line is weak. Shaun Rogers is no loser and the Bears shut him down. I don't thnk it will be open season on Grossman.
    You are correct, Shaun Rogers certainly is no loser, but he is only one man, the Vikings have Kevin Williams, Udeze, and Fat Pat. Darrion Scott isn't bad either, and I know Fat Pat isn't the best pass rusher, but he's no slouch. They'll also be blitzing Napo frequently, since they had so much success with it last week, so Grossman will have a lot of men in his face. I agree that it won't be completely open season on him, but he will eat some serious soil.

vikes09 is offline Hall of Famer

"Reximus" wrote:
    "Ltrey33" wrote:
    Here's a stat for you: Ahman Green averaged 5.5 yards a carry against you guys week one. That's with the horrible Packers offensive line and a team that is ranked 24th in the league in rushing. You may not believe me, but I think we're going to run it down your throats.
    Yeah and how many points did the Pack score? Something is missing from your analysis. I would love for the Bears to give Taylor 5.5 yards a carry if they don't score any points.

Ahman green was shut down in the first half. Later in the game, the Bears stayed in a prevent defense. We even played some of our second string for the 4th quarter. Green broke for some big runs late. Big deal.
    first off, nice to have you here!

second off, there's something missing in your analysis. your point is good, but come on, its green bay. even typing the name "packers" reminds me of bland mediocracy!
    the packers lost to the new orlean 'aints. and 26 points against the pack doesnt make your offense potent by any means. ( i know you havent stated this in a post, but many bears fans think they have a balance to their amazing defense.)

anyways, im looking forward to a great game! and best of luck to both teams.

vikes09 is offline Hall of Famer

"digital420" wrote:
    "Reximus" wrote:
    "Ltrey33" wrote:

C.taylor has a better O line, not been slowed down by injuries, and if avg's 5.5 per carry. knowing he'll have 30 - 40 carries. it'll be a blowout.

DiGiTaL
    you realize that he cant keep that up? eventually the tires will wear down, or off in chestors case. and by no means do i think this game will be a blowout!

edit: sorry for the double post!!

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

"Reximus" wrote:
    Bear fan here. We got a great game coming up tomorrow. I can't stop thinking about it and I'm sure many here feel the same way.

Chicago will not blow out the Vikings like they did the Pack and the Lions, but I do think they will win a solid victory--say by 10 points or more.

For me, the key matchup will be the Vikings pass rush vs. the Bears pass protection. Chicago's defense is proven and I'm not worried about it. Will Chicago they continue to put up good numbers on offense? That remains to be seen. Grossman is a very accurate thrower with a quick release. The way to beat him is not with the secondary, but with your defensive line. A great throw will always beat great coverage. If the Vikings can force Grossman to throw off the back foot or on the run, then the secondary can exploit the less accurate pass. But it has to start with the D-line.

Chicago has been stellar in protecting Grossman and I think they will continue. The Bears don't need to score as much as they have in the first two weeks. Even with a mediocre offensive performance, I don't see the Vikings putting up enough points against the Bears D.

Here's to a good game with no injuries (especially Grossman who was injured in Minnapolis, and has had all his major injuries on turf.)

Good post, good to have you with us, but the Bears won't sweep the division. Those aspirations will end tomorrow!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

"Reximus" wrote:
    "Ltrey33" wrote:

Well, first of all, the Packers SUCK so they turned the ball over 3 times, thus accounting for the fact that they didn't score.

And actually, if you look at the stats, Green averaged almost 4 yards a carry in the first half against your first team and his longest run was in the second quarter.

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

Reximus, you are welcome back any time, win, lose, or draw.
    Always nice to have actual football fans post their honest - and well thought out - opinions.

I'm chewing my nails on this game.
    Nothing will suprise me except an exhibition of Offensive firepower by either team, I don't think either of us are built that way.

I think the Vikings CAN win, but we're going to have to bring our "A" game to do it...and the same goes for the Bears.
    Either way, this may wind up being one of those low scoring defensive battles that only fans of those teams enjoy watching.
    Regardless of who wins, I have a feeling that both teams will know they've been in a dog fight afterwards.

Good luck (but just a touch less than we get, I hope),

Caine

Reximus is offline Waterboy

"Ltrey33" wrote:
    "Reximus" wrote:
    "Ltrey33" wrote:

Well, first of all, the Packers SUCK so they turned the ball over 3 times, thus accounting for the fact that they didn't score.

And actually, if you look at the stats, Green averaged almost 4 yards a carry in the first half against your first team and his longest run was in the second quarter.
    Apparently defenses have nothing to do with turnovers? Favre threw two picks at the end of the game out of desperation. This presupposses of course that they were getting shut down. They're not aimless turnovers by Favre.

More has to be said then quote 5.5 ypc by Green during the first game of the year. Taylor is pretty good, but I don't think he's going to get 5.5 ypc.

Reximus is offline Waterboy

"Caine" wrote:
    Reximus, you are welcome back any time, win, lose, or draw.
    Always nice to have actual football fans post their honest - and well thought out - opinions.

I'm chewing my nails on this game.
    Nothing will suprise me except an exhibition of Offensive firepower by either team, I don't think either of us are built that way.

I think the Vikings CAN win, but we're going to have to bring our "A" game to do it...and the same goes for the Bears.
    Either way, this may wind up being one of those low scoring defensive battles that only fans of those teams enjoy watching.
    Regardless of who wins, I have a feeling that both teams will know they've been in a dog fight afterwards.

Good luck (but just a touch less than we get, I hope),

Caine
    It's going to be a fun game. I feel it may be a kind of stalemate for awhile. If any team gets a substantial victory, it will come at end with a serious breakdown of someone's defense.

I can't wait!

mr.woo is offline Team Alumni

some one forgot to tell childress that
    woo out
    just two corn cobs shy of a bushel

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast