Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Reximus is offline Waterboy

Bears to sweep the division

Bear fan here. We got a great game coming up tomorrow. I can't stop thinking about it and I'm sure many here feel the same way.

Chicago will not blow out the Vikings like they did the Pack and the Lions, but I do think they will win a solid victory--say by 10 points or more.

For me, the key matchup will be the Vikings pass rush vs. the Bears pass protection. Chicago's defense is proven and I'm not worried about it. Will Chicago they continue to put up good numbers on offense? That remains to be seen. Grossman is a very accurate thrower with a quick release. The way to beat him is not with the secondary, but with your defensive line. A great throw will always beat great coverage. If the Vikings can force Grossman to throw off the back foot or on the run, then the secondary can exploit the less accurate pass. But it has to start with the D-line.

Chicago has been stellar in protecting Grossman and I think they will continue. The Bears don't need to score as much as they have in the first two weeks. Even with a mediocre offensive performance, I don't see the Vikings putting up enough points against the Bears D.

Here's to a good game with no injuries (especially Grossman who was injured in Minnapolis, and has had all his major injuries on turf.)

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Bears to sweap the division

Welcome to the site. We're all extremely excited here too. It looks like both clubs have fielded great teams this year. Good unbiased analysis up there. I agree with the bears pass against the vikes pass rush.. should be interesting especially with erasmus out for the year.

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

#1) Welcome to the site, it's nice to see a respectful Bears fan around.

#2) Not to break balls, but you spelled sweep wrong.

#3) Chicago hasn't played a defense like the Vikings, Grossman will definitely eat some dirt tomorrow, he's had a clean uniform the last two weeks because he's played against the Lions and the Packers who have zero pass rush, the Vikings front 4, even w/o Erasmus James will apply a lot of pressure to a considerably weak Bears o-line.

#4) You're right about Grossman, solid accuracy, good arm, quick release. He really does throw great balls, and I see him becoming a top QB in the league, but I honestly do not believe the Bears receivers will have the ease they've had getting open, Berrian is fast, but he'll get man handled at the line by Winfield. Winfield will jam him and throw the timing off a couple of steps, and if Grossman floats one, or overthrows one to try and make up for the lost steps, Sharper will take it down.

Well, that's all for the numbers, nice first post hopefully you stick around for the next Vikes vs. Bears game of the season, but yeah, let's hope for no injuries, God knows we can't afford anymore, and let's also hope for a Vikings win.

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

"Reximus" wrote:
    Bear fan here. We got a great game coming up tomorrow. I can't stop thinking about it and I'm sure many here feel the same way.

Chicago will not blow out the Vikings like they did the Pack and the Lions, but I do think they will win a solid victory--say by 10 points or more.

For me, the key matchup will be the Vikings pass rush vs. the Bears pass protection. Chicago's defense is proven and I'm not worried about it. Will Chicago they continue to put up good numbers on offense? That remains to be seen. Grossman is a very accurate thrower with a quick release. The way to beat him is not with the secondary, but with your defensive line. A great throw will always beat great coverage. If the Vikings can force Grossman to throw off the back foot or on the run, then the secondary can exploit the less accurate pass. But it has to start with the D-line.

Chicago has been stellar in protecting Grossman and I think they will continue. The Bears don't need to score as much as they have in the first two weeks. Even with a mediocre offensive performance, I don't see the Vikings putting up enough points against the Bears D.

Here's to a good game with no injuries (especially Grossman who was injured in Minnapolis, and has had all his major injuries on turf.)
    Not so quick there YOGI..

Your not going to run off with the Picnic Basket that easily..... :

The last time da Bears won in MN was back in 2001, and I don't really see that trend changing tomorrow.....We have a new Ranger watching over the park and any bears caught trying to sneak a win out here will be de clawed and sent back home to that cave where they came from..

Grossman, being the papa bear, will look like a swarm of Killer Bee's, are after him all day, and our battering ram ( Chester T.) will lay the smack down on your D line and backers all afternoon..

Again, this will be a tough fought game, between to divisional rivals that will be at the top of the division when all is said and done this seasons end..

But this week, your in OUR HOUSE, and sorry to say, it's time to take out the garbage for the Monday collection....

Vikings 24
    Bears 13...........

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

The Erasmus loss is very unfortunate. I hear the replacement is pretty solid though. Hopefully he'll work out fine for the Vikings.

The Vikings are starting to put together a really good team. I sure hope so. It makes division games more exciting. And with the Pack and Lions basically bringing up the rear in NFL, we need some strength out of the Bears and Vikings if for no other reason then that the NFC North will stop being the laughing stock of the NFL.

"Mr" wrote:
    #1) Welcome to the site, it's nice to see a respectful Bears fan around.

#2) Not to break balls, but you spelled sweep wrong.

#3) Chicago hasn't played a defense like the Vikings, Grossman will definitely eat some dirt tomorrow, he's had a clean uniform the last two weeks because he's played against the Lions and the Packers who have zero pass rush, the Vikings front 4, even w/o Erasmus James will apply a lot of pressure to a considerably weak Bears o-line.

#4) You're right about Grossman, solid accuracy, good arm, quick release. He really does throw great balls, and I see him becoming a top QB in the league, but I honestly do not believe the Bears receivers will have the ease they've had getting open, Berrian is fast, but he'll get man handled at the line by Winfield. Winfield will jam him and throw the timing off a couple of steps, and if Grossman floats one, or overthrows one to try and make up for the lost steps, Sharper will take it down.

Well, that's all for the numbers, nice first post hopefully you stick around for the next Vikes vs. Bears game of the season, but yeah, let's hope for no injuries, God knows we can't afford anymore, and let's also hope for a Vikings win.
    Thanks for the heads up on the spelling error. I'm not terribly careful on internet postings. Message boards, IM's, etc, have been a bad influence on me I think.

You're right that the Vikings D will be the best they've played this year. Grossman will feel more heat then before, but I disagree that the Bears O-line is weak. Shaun Rogers is no loser and the Bears shut him down. I don't thnk it will be open season on Grossman.

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Bears to sweep the division

Here's a stat for you: Ahman Green averaged 5.5 yards a carry against you guys week one. That's with the horrible Packers offensive line and a team that is ranked 24th in the league in rushing. You may not believe me, but I think we're going to run it down your throats.

skum is offline Team Alumni
    Blog Entries

UDEZE - BLINDSIDE!!! FUUUUUMBLE.. TOUCHDOWWWWN!!

Vikes 14- Bears 10

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

"VikingNed" wrote:
    "Reximus" wrote:

Not so quick there YOGI..

Your not going to run off with the Picnic Basket that easily..... :

The last time da Bears won in MN was back in 2001, and I don't really see that trend changing tomorrow.....We have a new Ranger watching over the park and any bears caught trying to sneak a win out here will be de clawed and sent back home to that cave where they came from..

Grossman, being the papa bear, will look like a swarm of Killer Bee's, are after him all day, and our battering ram ( Chester T.) will lay the smack down on your D line and backers all afternoon..

Again, this will be a tough fought game, between to divisional rivals that will be at the top of the division when all is said and done this seasons end..

But this week, your in OUR HOUSE, and sorry to say, it's time to take out the garbage for the Monday collection....

Vikings 24

Bears 13...........

Nice post Ned... I don't agree on one thing though.. The final score.. I don't see the Vikes scoring 24 points against the high octane defense of the Chicago Bears.. I see this as another game like the Carolina game.. It will be a battle of defenses, and special teams..

I also don't think that the Bears are going to put up big numbers like they have the first 2 weeks of the season.. See, the things we have in our favor are that we haven't lost to the Bears in Minnesota since the 2001 season, and we have played 2 very good defenses in our first 2 games.. So I think that gives us the edge..

Chicago however has played 2 very weak defenses, and the Bears defense has played 2 very weak offenses.. They have cake walked because they haven't played anyone yet.. They have to remember that the Vikes are a different team then the previous years.. They are disciplined now with Childress, and Tomlin..

I see this as a back and forth type of game.. I think it will be a close one at the end and even possibly going into overtime.. Regardless if it does, I see the score 14-10 with the Vikes getting the W..

"Ltrey33" wrote:
    Here's a stat for you: Ahman Green averaged 5.5 yards a carry against you guys week one. That's with the horrible Packers offensive line and a team that is ranked 24th in the league in rushing. You may not believe me, but I think we're going to run it down your throats.
    Yeah and how many points did the Pack score? Something is missing from your analysis. I would love for the Bears to give Taylor 5.5 yards a carry if they don't score any points.

Ahman green was shut down in the first half. Later in the game, the Bears stayed in a prevent defense. We even played some of our second string for the 4th quarter. Green broke for some big runs late. Big deal.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast