Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 30
  1. #1
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,601
    Blog Entries
    1

    Bears to start Orton ahead of Griese against Vikings

    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3149271

    With Rex Grossman hurt and Brian Griese continually ineffective, Chicago Bears coach Lovie Smith will turn to No. 3 quarterback Kyle Orton, who has not played at all this season, to start against the Minnesota Vikings next Monday night.
    Actually, this sucks because we haven't seen Orton play yet.
    It is hard to game plan for someone who you have no tape on...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  2. #2
    funkyasflea's Avatar
    funkyasflea is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    331

    Re: Bears to start Orton ahead of Griese against Vikings

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3149271

    With Rex Grossman hurt and Brian Griese continually ineffective, Chicago Bears coach Lovie Smith will turn to No. 3 quarterback Kyle Orton, who has not played at all this season, to start against the Minnesota Vikings next Monday night.
    Actually, this sucks because we haven't seen Orton play yet.
    It is hard to game plan for someone who you have no tape on...
    But he has played before, he played last year.
    I am pretty sure he played in the games against the Vikes last year too.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,072

    Re: Bears to start Orton ahead of Griese against Vikings

    Blitz the crap out of him!
    Dont let him stand in a pocket GAINING confidence.
    He is young and inexperienced.....rattle his chain from the beginning.
    It should not be our defense back on our heals...it should be Orton back on his heals from the beginning!


    As far as Hester is concerned.....kick off to him and tell the special teams that anyone that gets outside of their lane will be cut!


    I hate giving a team the ball at the 40... and we shouldnt have to as long as nobody gets caught out of position!
    Longwell....eat your Wheaties on game day and kick them through the endzone!

    I'd much rather see the Packers miss the playoffs because of their talent then because of their injuries.

  4. #4
    cogitans is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    6,403

    Re: Bears to start Orton ahead of Griese against Vikings

    "funkyasflea" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3149271

    With Rex Grossman hurt and Brian Griese continually ineffective, Chicago Bears coach Lovie Smith will turn to No. 3 quarterback Kyle Orton, who has not played at all this season, to start against the Minnesota Vikings next Monday night.
    Actually, this sucks because we haven't seen Orton play yet.
    It is hard to game plan for someone who you have no tape on...
    But he has played before, he played last year.
    I am pretty sure he played in the games against the Vikes last year too.
    It were back in 2005 he played a bunch. He didn't see the field last year. So it hasn't been under Childress tenure as Vikes' coach that we've faced him.

    Either way, it's correct that it's better to have some recent video. But we'll just have to prepare to what they play like, he will not bring much new to the table schematically I think.

    Thanks to PPE for the sig.

  5. #5
    midgensa's Avatar
    midgensa is offline Jersey Retired Free Kick Specialist 3 Champion
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,308

    Re: Bears to start Orton ahead of Griese against Vikings

    Eh ... sure it is a change up for us and Orton was 10-5 in 2005, BUT ... there is a reason he has not seen the field since then and I don't think it is because Rex Grossman and Brian Griese looked like hall of famers or anything. Orton is not an NFL caliber QB.
    He just does not have the talent to make it in this league on a regular basis. His arm makes people long for the likes of Brad Johnson. Orton is a fine back-up and could have a good day here or there, but he is not something to really be worried about. The Bears offense should have an extremely tough time moving the ball against us.
    Extra little note, his last start was a 34-10 drubbing by the Vikes to end the Tice-era.

  6. #6
    Purple Floyd's Avatar
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    16,646
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Bears to start Orton ahead of Griese against Vikings

    Don't worry about what he is going to do, let him be worried about what the defense is going to do to him.

  7. #7
    Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    8,618

    Re: Bears to start Orton ahead of Griese against Vikings

    It sucks there's nothing recent on him, but we will have to look back @ his '05 tape and check out what we got in the preseason.

    I'm not sure if it matters though. I have a feeling Orton can't be us singlehandedly if we stop the run.

  8. #8
    sharper42's Avatar
    sharper42 is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    342

    Re: Bears to start Orton ahead of Griese against Vikings

    orton will
    get rocked
    our only sure-handed receiver

  9. #9
    Vikes's Avatar
    Vikes is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,733

    Re: Bears to start Orton ahead of Griese against Vikings

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3149271

    With Rex Grossman hurt and Brian Griese continually ineffective, Chicago Bears coach Lovie Smith will turn to No. 3 quarterback Kyle Orton, who has not played at all this season, to start against the Minnesota Vikings next Monday night.
    Actually, this sucks because we haven't seen Orton play yet.
    It is hard to game plan for someone who you have no tape on...
    I agree not a lot of flim on Orton. I swear the Vikes are always getting some other QB besides the starter.
    300

    The rigors of Spartan life. Leonidas is cast out into the wild, and survives the harsh winter to return to his home, when he is crowned King ....a Viking!

    300

  10. #10
    The Dropper's Avatar
    The Dropper is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Portland, Ore.
    Posts
    2,101

    Re: Bears to start Orton ahead of Griese against Vikings

    "Vikes" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3149271

    With Rex Grossman hurt and Brian Griese continually ineffective, Chicago Bears coach Lovie Smith will turn to No. 3 quarterback Kyle Orton, who has not played at all this season, to start against the Minnesota Vikings next Monday night.
    Actually, this sucks because we haven't seen Orton play yet.
    It is hard to game plan for someone who you have no tape on...
    I agree not a lot of flim on Orton. I swear the Vikes are always getting some other QB besides the starter.
    Not that that's a bad thing!

    There's a reason starters are starters and backups are backups. Sometimes a backup will come through and impress everybody.

    Kyle Orton is not that backup.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Bears QB Kyle Orton confounds Minnesota Vikings
    By Vikes in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 10-21-2008, 08:19 PM
  2. Vikings Start Reflection, Looking Ahead
    By Marrdro in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 01-02-2008, 11:38 PM
  3. Report: Bears bench Grossman for Griese
    By jmcdon00 in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 09-27-2007, 10:50 PM
  4. Bears to start rookie S Manning ahead of Harris
    By Prophet in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 09-23-2006, 12:08 PM
  5. Griese reaches five-year deal with Bears
    By PurpleMafia in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-22-2006, 06:00 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •