Caine is offline Jersey Retired

Another open letter to "The Gap"

Dear Sir,

I recently read your post entitled "Sorry" (Now locked), and was dismayed that you had waited an entire week to come back and gloat.

Had you posted such immediately following the victory over our Vikings, I wouldn't have batted an eyelash. We dished it out, we can take it.

However, to return only AFTER your team has gained entry to the Superbowl is a bit on the petty side, wouldn't you agree? That would equate to me heading over to the Packer fan sites and blasting them about our victory over them in the Play-offs.

During the heat of the impending contest, allowances are made as "smack" is talked on both sides. It's both expected and accepted. It is how you deal with your victory/loss that determines what type of person you are.

Win with dignity, lose with grace.

We held up our end of the deal. We lost, we saluted you and your team for your victory, and we moved on.

You, however, by returning at this late date to do nothing more than grind our faces in your victory have done two things:

1: Shown that you do not understand the principles of dignity and mutual respect (The hallmark of solid fans everywhere).

2: Ensured that every person reading your post becomes a 1-week Patriots fan.

After all, nothing is sweeter than making a braggart eat his words.

Truth be told, after all the comments about Eagles fans, I would have expected better from you. The opportunity was presented to you to rise above the poor reputation heaped upon you and yours by years of abuse and degredation of opposing fans. Unfortunately, you were not mature enough to avail yourself of that opportunity and sank to the depths of pettiness and immaturity in order to make yourself feel better.

I doubt it will help.

The reason is that you, sir, have shown yourself to be pathetic. Your teams future loss or victory can and will do nothing to change that fact. You will not be a better person should they win, and a loss wouldn't change the fact that you are what you are.

Prior to your outburst, I would have been the first person to admit that the Eagles team looks good. All the pieces are in place and clicking nicely. I would have given them fair odds at winning the Superbowl.

Nothing you've said changes that. However, I now most fervently hope that New England wins. Not because I like the Patriots (Although I have no reason to dislike them), not because I dislike the Eagles (I don't - they're a good team), but because I detest and despise what you did today, and sincerely hope that the satisfaction you gained is limited to finally winning the NFC crown.

Enjoy your moment...it may not last.

Of course, that is EXACTLY the reason that one should strive to "Win with dignity". What goes up also comes down. Do you really want US to come visit you when the Eagles have a horrible season? Do you want US to remind you of your comments when your team falls flat?

Do unto others...

While I understand that you couldn't care less about anything I've written above, I also do this to remind my fellow Viking fans that when OUR day arrives, we should strive to be better. Better than you. We should strive to win with dignity...as we have lost with grace.

No matter what happens in the Superbowl, Mr. Gap, when you wake up tomorrow you will still be you. Nothing I could say or do to you could possibly be any worse than that.

Caine

Mr. O is offline Starter

I concur. Now that was a well thought out and well written post.
    A man falls in love through his eyes, a woman through her ears. - Woodrow Wyatt

tarkenton10 is offline Star Spokesman

Good job Caine!!!! :thumbleft:

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Way to put GAP Troll in his place!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE