Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

Re: 49ers fans not that hopeful against the Vikes

"C" wrote:
    "Vikes_King" wrote:
    So.. what team are we? The 3-6 team struggling to find its identity in this league?
    Or the 6-6 team on a 3 game winning streak
    , that thinks its finally beginning to show the league our true hands.. as potential contenders this year & for more to come.
    Honest truth: We're still both of those things in the national spotlight.
    I know.
    By saying that, i meant to imply that these next few games will define what this season is/was.
    As well as define Childress(and Co.)'s legacy with this team.
    After a rough start and finally starting to see some promise, now is when careers will be built or burried.

Dramatic? Maybe, but most likely the truth.

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"Vikes_King" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "Vikes_King" wrote:
    So.. what team are we? The 3-6 team struggling to find its identity in this league?
    , that thinks its finally beginning to show the league our true hands.. as potential contenders this year & for more to come.
    I know.
    By saying that, i meant to imply that these next few games will define what this season is/was.
    After a rough start and finally starting to see some promise, now is when careers will be built or burried.

I usually like your stuff and agree with you on almost everything, however, in this case I have to ask....

Do you really believe that the last 4 games of this season will really define a legacy?

Again, I will get on the soap box that I believe that from the owner on down it was determined that this year (Developmental) was gonna be a throw away season just to get the guys like TJ reps that they couldn't get elsewhere and to see were the young kids stand.

To me, the fact that we have been competitive in all but one game and are even mentioned with the word Playoff is great, but it sure the heck isn't defining anyones legacy my friend.
    It only shows the following:

a. We have a owner (Owners group) that has a very clear vision of what they are willing to do to improve this team even if that means a couple of bads years with respect to wins and losses.
    b. We have a very good group of scouts and staff that are good at finding talent.
    c. Like it or not, we have some pretty gol 'darnit good coaches (and not just the Chiller) to get this group this far let alone into the playoffs.
    d. We have alot of talent on this team even if they are very young and inexperienced.
    e. We as fans, have alot to look forward to as this group develops.

Childress and Co's legacy will be defined over a span of years if he keeps it up, not over the next 4 games my friend.
    Just my opinion of course.

;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "Vikes_King" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "Vikes_King" wrote:
    I know.

I usually like your stuff and agree with you on almost everything, however, in this case I have to ask....

Do you really believe that the last 4 games of this season will really define a legacy?

Again, I will get on the soap box that I believe that from the owner on down it was determined that this year (Developmental) was gonna be a throw away season just to get the guys like TJ reps that they couldn't get elsewhere and to see were the young kids stand.

To me, the fact that we have been competitive in all but one game and are even mentioned with the word Playoff is great, but it sure the heck isn't defining anyones legacy my friend.

a. We have a owner (Owners group) that has a very clear vision of what they are willing to do to improve this team even if that means a couple of bads years with respect to wins and losses.
    b. We have a very good group of scouts and staff that are good at finding talent.
    c. Like it or not, we have some pretty gol 'darnit good coaches (and not just the Chiller) to get this group this far let alone into the playoffs.
    d. We have alot of talent on this team even if they are very young and inexperienced.

Childress and Co's legacy will be defined over a span of years if he keeps it up, not over the next 4 games my friend.

;D
    I definatly worded my statement wrong.. I didn't mean to imply that this season, especially four games against teams with (atm) losing records, would define the coaching staffs entire legacy.

Let me try & reword it..

A lot (most) of the Vikings fans base was calling for Childress; (and Co.) head.
    If we continue the streak we're on and build off of that towards seasons end & use that momentum into next year, most will begin to give in and give the guy a shot.

So lets say that now, after this season, Chilly and the other coaches continue to keep our team among the list of contenders and has many good seasons under his belt.
    (lets hope
    ).
    This season will be forever seen as the turning point in his career, where a 1st time head coach was about to be run out of town by his team's fan base, a firing with in a year looked inevitable, and he probably wouldn't find a HC job again with that resume.
    Now, suddenly, his (our!) team is clicking before our very eyes, and having the majority, even the biggest doubters, think (if only for a moment), "ok.. maybe this guys onto something... i'll give him another chance".

And hopefully he makes the best of that chance.

So by defining a legacy I didn't mean these games would be what he would most remembered by, I should have worded that much better.

But if he goes onto have a good career with the Vikings from here on out, this season (namely the past 3 & next 4 games) will be seen as the biggest turning point in his career

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"Vikes_King" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Vikes_King" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "Vikes_King" wrote:
    I know.

;D
    I definatly worded my statement wrong.. I didn't mean to imply that this season, especially four games against teams with (atm) losing records, would define the coaching staffs entire legacy.

Let me try & reword it..

A lot (most) of the Vikings fans base was calling for Childress; (and Co.) head.
    If we continue the streak we're on and build off of that towards seasons end & use that momentum into next year, most will begin to give in and give the guy a shot.

So lets say that now, after this season, Chilly and the other coaches continue to keep our team among the list of contenders and has many good seasons under his belt.
    (lets hope
    ).
    This season will be forever seen as the turning point in his career, where a 1st time head coach was about to be run out of town by his team's fan base, a firing with in a year looked inevitable, and he probably wouldn't find a HC job again with that resume.
    Now, suddenly, his (our!) team is clicking before our very eyes, and having the majority, even the biggest doubters, think (if only for a moment), "ok.. maybe this guys onto something... i'll give him another chance".

And hopefully he makes the best of that chance.

So by defining a legacy I didn't mean these games would be what he would most remembered by, I should have worded that much better.

But if he goes onto have a good career with the Vikings from here on out, this season (namely the past 3 & next 4 games) will be seen as the biggest turning point in his career
    Very nice.
    Thanks for clearing that up for me my friend.
    Very nice indeed.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

El Vikingo is offline Ring of Fame

I think we must and will win. why? We can move the ball ,Frisco can´t.
    El underdog.

hx38596 is offline Pro-Bowler

Saw this quote on a board... thought it was the funniest yet.

//for those who remember playing tecmo bowl on nintendo...

NolanMustDie
    Veteran

Dec 5, 2007 at 20:16:19
    Reply 19 of 23
    Adrian Peterson (plus godly blocking by the Vikings offensive line) is about as broken as Bo Jackson in Tecmo Super Bowl. Then again, both Peterson and Chester Taylor have yet to meet Patrick Willis...

wierstom is offline Training Camp

patrick willis?????? wow they thinck he can stop the purple jesus ha ha ha ha ha not even close ap has ran thru alot better d,s than sf,s and they thinck one guy can stop him ha ha ha ha

kick off and do an onside kick and then have nedney try to kick a 60 yard field goal on 1st down. at least we would have the lead for a few minutes. ...and id rather see drew olson than shaun hill. but its all a pile of u know what.

Lol i thought this one was kind of amusing.

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

A. Peterson will rush for what this weekend?

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/thread.php?num=84932&start=0

LMAO

2.7 miles

PurplePumpkin is offline Pro-Bowler

"BadlandsViking" wrote:
    A. Peterson will rush for what this weekend?

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/thread.php?num=84932&start=0

LMAO

2.7 miles
    Funny ...They got a Poll. I voted for the record

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast