Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 7891011 19 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 193

Thread: 49er fan here!

  1. #81
    TARKenton's Avatar
    TARKenton is offline Asst. Coach
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    660

    Re: 49er fan here!

    All I cant say is that we had better come out ready to play.
    If we come out flat, we will lose.



    I think home-field advantage will give us the win however.

    Vikings-27
    49ers-17
    ...Rodgers had to hold on the ball longer, giving players like Jared "I am completely insane and will literally eat your children" Allen time to sack Rodgers again.And again. And again. Actually I think Rodgers may have nightmares about Jared Allen the rest of the year.

  2. #82
    Purple_Jesus is offline Starter
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    263

    Re: 49er fan here!

    "49er4eva" wrote:
    "mnvikes61" wrote:
    I take every opponent the Vikings face take seriously. We're the freaking Vikings! When did we start putting up a W before the game had even started? I never got that memo
    It looks like that just started...
    I'll be back here to watch you guys eat crow and give your excuses after the game is over...
    Maybe then we'll get some respect
    ;D
    So, from what I've gathered about you is that you assume none of us here pay attention to any team other than the Vikings.
    And the 9ers have changed dramatically, and they are a much better team now.
    And that means they will beat every team in the league.
    Ever stop to think the Vikings have maybe changed a little in the last couple years?


    And losing to the Lions (at Ford Field) at halftime, I'll humor you.
    Yes we were down at halftime.
    However, if you knew the first thing about football you would know that division games are played with a lot more intensity and energy.
    Of ALL the teams in the NFL, we are the last team the Lions want to lose to.
    They have nothing to lose, so they will go for the 1st on every 4th down.
    They will play extremely aggressive.
    The fact that we still dominated a division team with 27 unanswered points should say something.
    We had a chance to score again at the very end, but we played mercy and took the kneel down.

    Seriously, the 9ers are looking good, but you can't say that they're going to beat every team they play.
    Come on now.

  3. #83
    tastywaves's Avatar
    tastywaves is online now Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,879

    Re: 49er fan here!

    "49er4eva" wrote:
    "ThorSPL" wrote:
    Statistics two week in to the season are about as useful as the bottom of an outhouse.
    Not really actually...
    It's a good indication as to how well the team are playing at the time....
    You can't just look at the score and stats though...
    If you saw how well the 49ers played the game, then most of you fans would have a better idea of how tough of an opponent we are...
    Most of you fans probably saw a couple highlights on ESPN and haven't even watched a niner game since the last time we played (2 years ago)....


    Just trying to help you guys understand that this team is completely different than past 49er teams....
    Under Singletary, we are 6-1 in our last 7 games...
    This coach is the ultimate motivator, and he has this defense playing like I've never seen in many many years.
    Our offense is still a question mark, which is why I believe this game could go either way.
    The 9ers are a legitimate team right now.
    First time in a long time, mostly due to their defense and Frank Gore.
    It's also fair to say the Vikings haven't been tested real hard yet against the Browns or Lions.
    That doesn't take away anything from the fact that MN did win there first two games on the road convincingly.

    The Vikings can play much better on both sides of the ball then they've showed so far, when needed the team elevated their play and put away their opponent.
    If the 9ers come into the dome with a lot of intensity (which Singletary will make sure of), it will push our boys to play a little better than they have to date.
    I guarantee they will be motivated to shut down Gore.

    I think this will be a good game and should be a nice test for BF to see how far he's come with our offense.
    I expect AD will get his, regardless of any game plan SF may have in limiting his yards.
    Look for Percy Harvin to continue to make key plays to help keep the chains moving.
    Berrian should be close to healthy as well and I look for Favre to take a shot or two deep if San Fran sells out on the line.

    What you've seen so far from MN this year is only scratching the surface on where we need to be and should be as the season rolls on.
    I expect they will elevate another notch this weekend and put another W on the board.

  4. #84
    NinerTico's Avatar
    NinerTico is offline Waterboy
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1

    Re: 49er fan here!

    Hello everyone, I have joined to see what you guys have to say about next week's game.
    I am always willing and eager to read other opponent's sites to get a feel for the climate.
    Since this is my first post, I will try to be on it.

    I have been a religious Coach Singletary supporter since he took over for Mike Nolan last year.
    In that year, he built on the character foundation of this organization to the point that each and every player believes what he is preaching.
    That kind of belief permeates through everything they do as a team.
    Each player takes his responsibility seriously and with deep respect.
    You see it in the way they rise to the occassion when they need to.
    The perfect case and point was when Coach S. called timeout in the AZ game and set that D straight.
    It looked like AZ was going to score a TD.
    Instead we stopped them for three points and drove the next possession for the win.
    That embodies this team.

    This week we have a much better competitor and overall talented team than we have played the last two weeks with maybe AZ being close.
    This team can move the ball and stop the opponents with that excellent d of yours.
    Farve and Peterson in the same backfield?
    Are you kidding me?
    Well, I believe that our 3rd ranking rushing d can contain Peterson as they did two years ago.
    They will keep the plays in front of them and tackle immediately, not like Cleveland for sure.
    I believe that Parys Haralson will get the better of Loadholt, the rookie while Justin Smith, Franklin and McD bull rushes the interior.
    I believe our D will give Farve fits like we did last year when he came in with the Jets.

    On the flip side, we have to continue to run with Gore.
    You guys allowed the lowly Lions to run for what? 129 yards?
    The Lions?
    Are you kidding me?
    And now, you got to contend with our OL and Gore.
    Yea, good luck with that.
    If anything, you have a huge home field advantage especially since it is your home opener.
    That point right there will be a huge determining factor if we can't quiet the crowd.
    Even with Gore, I expect this game to be close.

    With this game being close, I believe that it will come down to the fourth quarter.
    There is where I expect our discipline and stamina to take over.
    This is not the same West Coast finesse ball club.
    The NFC North decided to come and hang out in an NFC West team, Mike Singletary's 49ers!

    One thing you can expect from us no matter what...you getting hit in the mouth from the get go and not stopping until that fat lady sings!
    It will be unyielding and relentless!!
    Still, I believe we have to earn the respect in the league.

    What better way to do that than to beat Brett Favre and Adrian Peterson in their own backyard!

    Good luck and may the injury bugs stay away from all our players!

    Thanks for reading!

    Go 49ers!

    PS I am looking forward to this match up all day!!!

  5. #85
    49er4eva is offline Training Camp
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    32

    Re: 49er fan here!

    "Purple_Jesus" wrote:
    "49er4eva" wrote:
    "mnvikes61" wrote:
    I take every opponent the Vikings face take seriously. We're the freaking Vikings! When did we start putting up a W before the game had even started? I never got that memo
    It looks like that just started...
    I'll be back here to watch you guys eat crow and give your excuses after the game is over...
    Maybe then we'll get some respect
    ;D
    So, from what I've gathered about you is that you assume none of us here pay attention to any team other than the Vikings.
    And the 9ers have changed dramatically, and they are a much better team now.
    And that means they will beat every team in the league.
    Ever stop to think the Vikings have maybe changed a little in the last couple years?


    And losing to the Lions (at Ford Field) at halftime, I'll humor you.
    Yes we were down at halftime.
    However, if you knew the first thing about football you would know that division games are played with a lot more intensity and energy.
    Of ALL the teams in the NFL, we are the last team the Lions want to lose to.
    They have nothing to lose, so they will go for the 1st on every 4th down.
    They will play extremely aggressive.
    The fact that we still dominated a division team with 27 unanswered points should say something.
    We had a chance to score again at the very end, but we played mercy and took the kneel down.

    Seriously, the 9ers are looking good, but you can't say that they're going to beat every team they play.
    Come on now.
    I never said the Vikings are the same team as years past...
    It just looks like many of your fans are claiming that we're still bad, and eluding to the fact that you beat us last game (2 years ago) as an indication of what to expect this week.

    Where did I say the 49ers will beat every team we play?
    My last post, about coming back after game to see you eat crow, I was just kidding....
    I've said in all my posts that I'm not proclaiming victory, and that you guys are a very tough team...
    I just didn't understand why so many of you are acting like we don't stand a chance...
    We may lose, and we may win...
    Either way, we are a tough opponent, and this game will not be easy by any means....

  6. #86
    mnvikes61's Avatar
    mnvikes61 is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,159

    Re: 49er fan here!

    "49er4eva" wrote:
    "mnvikes61" wrote:
    I take every opponent the Vikings face take seriously. We're the freaking Vikings! When did we start putting up a W before the game had even started? I never got that memo
    It looks like that just started...
    I'll be back here to watch you guys eat crow and give your excuses after the game is over...
    Maybe then we'll get some respect
    ;D
    I think it's going to be a good test for both teams. Neither one of us have played the best or even better teams the league has to offer. NFC West has been notoriously weak for the last couple of years. I would think AZ Cardinals had all the stars line up last year for them to go to the Super Bowl. The Seattle game may have been different if Hasselback hadn't been injured. The Vikings haven't looked sharp in the first half against Cleveland or Detroit. Then come out strong in the 2nd half and win by a two TD margin in both games If we come out flat against the Niners and allow them to control the clock by running the ball, it might be a long day for our defense.

    As far as my original comment goes. To all us Viking fans, when did we become overconfident and chalk up a W before the game even started? I never say a game is a for sure W until there is zero seconds left on the clock and the Vikings have more points than the other team. Can the Vikings win? Sure they can, I wouldn't be the crazed Vikings fan I am if I didn't think they had a shot at winning any game, but in that same breath I could see them losing as well.

    Thanks Josdin

  7. #87
    jmcdon00's Avatar
    jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    8,281

    Re: 49er fan here!

    "49er4eva" wrote:
    "Purple_Jesus" wrote:
    "49er4eva" wrote:
    "mnvikes61" wrote:
    I take every opponent the Vikings face take seriously. We're the freaking Vikings! When did we start putting up a W before the game had even started? I never got that memo
    It looks like that just started...
    I'll be back here to watch you guys eat crow and give your excuses after the game is over...
    Maybe then we'll get some respect
    ;D
    So, from what I've gathered about you is that you assume none of us here pay attention to any team other than the Vikings.
    And the 9ers have changed dramatically, and they are a much better team now.
    And that means they will beat every team in the league.
    Ever stop to think the Vikings have maybe changed a little in the last couple years?


    And losing to the Lions (at Ford Field) at halftime, I'll humor you.
    Yes we were down at halftime.
    However, if you knew the first thing about football you would know that division games are played with a lot more intensity and energy.
    Of ALL the teams in the NFL, we are the last team the Lions want to lose to.
    They have nothing to lose, so they will go for the 1st on every 4th down.
    They will play extremely aggressive.
    The fact that we still dominated a division team with 27 unanswered points should say something.
    We had a chance to score again at the very end, but we played mercy and took the kneel down.

    Seriously, the 9ers are looking good, but you can't say that they're going to beat every team they play.
    Come on now.
    I never said the Vikings are the same team as years past...
    It just looks like many of your fans are claiming that we're still bad, and eluding to the fact that you beat us last game (2 years ago) as an indication of what to expect this week.

    Where did I say the 49ers will beat every team we play?
    My last post, about coming back after game to see you eat crow, I was just kidding....
    I've said in all my posts that I'm not proclaiming victory, and that you guys are a very tough team...
    I just didn't understand why so many of you are acting like we don't stand a chance...
    We may lose, and we may win...
    Either way, we are a tough opponent, and this game will not be easy by any means....
    You may win, just like Detroit and Cleveland had a chance to win. The fact is the Vikings will be heavy favorites in this game. Not just by Vikings fans but from fans and gamblers around the world. Look at any unbiased power rankings and everyone has the Vikings ahead. Take off the red tinted glasses and you will see that.

  8. #88
    49er4eva is offline Training Camp
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    32

    Re: 49er fan here!

    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    "49er4eva" wrote:
    "Purple_Jesus" wrote:
    "49er4eva" wrote:
    "mnvikes61" wrote:
    I take every opponent the Vikings face take seriously. We're the freaking Vikings! When did we start putting up a W before the game had even started? I never got that memo
    It looks like that just started...
    I'll be back here to watch you guys eat crow and give your excuses after the game is over...
    Maybe then we'll get some respect
    ;D
    So, from what I've gathered about you is that you assume none of us here pay attention to any team other than the Vikings.
    And the 9ers have changed dramatically, and they are a much better team now.
    And that means they will beat every team in the league.
    Ever stop to think the Vikings have maybe changed a little in the last couple years?


    And losing to the Lions (at Ford Field) at halftime, I'll humor you.
    Yes we were down at halftime.
    However, if you knew the first thing about football you would know that division games are played with a lot more intensity and energy.
    Of ALL the teams in the NFL, we are the last team the Lions want to lose to.
    They have nothing to lose, so they will go for the 1st on every 4th down.
    They will play extremely aggressive.
    The fact that we still dominated a division team with 27 unanswered points should say something.
    We had a chance to score again at the very end, but we played mercy and took the kneel down.

    Seriously, the 9ers are looking good, but you can't say that they're going to beat every team they play.
    Come on now.
    I never said the Vikings are the same team as years past...
    It just looks like many of your fans are claiming that we're still bad, and eluding to the fact that you beat us last game (2 years ago) as an indication of what to expect this week.

    Where did I say the 49ers will beat every team we play?
    My last post, about coming back after game to see you eat crow, I was just kidding....
    I've said in all my posts that I'm not proclaiming victory, and that you guys are a very tough team...
    I just didn't understand why so many of you are acting like we don't stand a chance...
    We may lose, and we may win...
    Either way, we are a tough opponent, and this game will not be easy by any means....
    You may win, just like Detroit and Cleveland had a chance to win. The fact is the Vikings will be heavy favorites in this game. Not just by Vikings fans but from fans and gamblers around the world. Look at any unbiased power rankings and everyone has the Vikings ahead. Take off the red tinted glasses and you will see that.
    LOLZ....
    Since when are games decided by expert opinions?
    The 49ers are flying under the radar as expected, since our team has been less than stellar the last 5 seasons...
    Like 8 out of 9 "so-called experts" had the Cards winning in their home opener...
    But guess what, they got the butts handed to them and our defense dominated every facet of the entire game...

    Last time I checked, you had a 7 point margin in Vegas....
    That's not exactly what I would consider "heavy favorites"...


    Like I said before, no one in the NFL is giving 49ers respect this year, but we've been earning it week after week thus far.
    You guys have been in the national spotlight all year with the whole Brett Favre saga...
    You are the media darlings, and you should be expected to be the "favorite" in this game.
    The 49ers are going to ride the coat tail of your national coverage to propel ourselves into one of the better teams in the NFL...
    If we beat the Vikings, definitely not an easy task, the "so-called experts" will be forced to give respect to the 49ers, as every team we face from that point on.

    Expert opinions mean nothing in the game of football...
    Experts are wrong every single week, on numerous occasions.
    They're just opinions, and nothing more.

  9. #89
    ThorSPL's Avatar
    ThorSPL is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    3,422

    Re: 49er fan here!

    "49er4eva" wrote:
    "ThorSPL" wrote:
    "49er4eva" wrote:
    "triedandtruevikesfan" wrote:
    I won't discredit the Niners, I thought that they would be one of the wild card teams this year (not play off wild card, but didn't really know what to expect from them in the general scheme of things) obviously they have played well the first 2 weeks of the season, but I don't think that they are on the same caliber as the Vikes.


    The dome is a hard place to play, and the crowd is gonna be really into it... AP doesn't like to be held in check so he's gonna go in looking for blood.

    It won't be as easy as the Lions or the Browns, but I think we still win pretty convincingly.
    Based on what?
    If you couldn't get a convincing win against the browns or lions (2 of the worst teams in the NFL), what makes you think you can do it against the 49ers?
    If you win, I guarantee you it will not be easy...
    And there's actually a very good chance that you might lose, as you'll soon find out...
    I'm not trying to be a homer here, I just don't understand why you vikings fans act like you guys are like best team in the NFL and we're just some scrubs sitting in you're way to
    glory...
    You're going to realize who the 49ers are real quick, and I'll be back here to welcome you to reality :-)
    When we've got T-Jack in on mop-up duty in both games, I will call them convincing wins.
    We did. It was convincing
    hmmm....
    being down 10-7 at half time to the lions isn't exactly convincing enough for me...
    If you guys are as good as you claim, you should've been spanking them like 17-3 - considering that you're playing against the worst team the NFL has ever seen in the history of the sport....
    But hey, congratulations for beating them "convincingly"...lol
    Games are 4 quarters long, not two.


    You can brag if you are ahead at half-time all you want, that doesn't get you in the playoffs.


    Trust me, I'm a doctor.

    www.twitter.com/ThorSPL

  10. #90
    ThorSPL's Avatar
    ThorSPL is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    3,422

    Re: 49er fan here!

    "49er4eva" wrote:
    "ThorSPL" wrote:
    Statistics two week in to the season are about as useful as the bottom of an outhouse.
    Not really actually...
    It's a good indication as to how well the team are playing at the time....
    You can't just look at the score and stats though...
    If you saw how well the 49ers played the game, then most of you fans would have a better idea of how tough of an opponent we are...
    Most of you fans probably saw a couple highlights on ESPN and haven't even watched a niner game since the last time we played (2 years ago)....


    Just trying to help you guys understand that this team is completely different than past 49er teams....
    Under Singletary, we are 6-1 in our last 7 games...
    This coach is the ultimate motivator, and he has this defense playing like I've never seen in many many years.
    Our offense is still a question mark, which is why I believe this game could go either way.
    Not at all.
    Period.
    Statistics based on two data points are completely worthless.
    You can't even form a trend line with two data points.
    If you want to argue that with me, feel free.

    I'm not saying the first two games statistics make your team good or bad, I'm saying they're so horribly skewed that they mean nothing anybody could interpret.
    There is a reason there are minimums required in order for players to be included among league-leaders.
    One run or reception of 80 yards pretty much would solidify a player as amazing based on their YPA/YPC... they don't do that.


    That being said, I agree this game could go either way.
    I just don't agree with your logic from that post.


    Trust me, I'm a doctor.

    www.twitter.com/ThorSPL

Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 7891011 19 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Favre Debut 49er Game thread
    By Webby in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 08-23-2010, 08:19 PM
  2. 49er Look-alike thread
    By ultravikingfan in forum Weekly Opponent Talk
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 09-26-2009, 09:38 AM
  3. MOVED: 49er fan here!
    By ultravikingfan in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-21-2009, 12:45 PM
  4. 49er Game 07 was the turning point...
    By StillPurple in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 69
    Last Post: 06-02-2008, 03:46 PM
  5. Kudos From a 49er Faithful
    By iwinez in forum Free Beer!
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-14-2005, 02:04 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •