Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: 49er fan here!

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Re: 49er fan here!

The first TD by Gore, was aided by the ref..... I just watched it from the endzone on NFLN Playbook.
    The safety (#27) couldn't put a lick on him because of the ref.
    The other one was bad defense, not being disciplined on the gaps.
    Both runs came on 8 and 9 in the box.

Purple_Jesus is offline Starter

"benton45â„¢" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "49er4eva" wrote:
    "BleedinPandG" wrote:
    "benton45â„¢" wrote:
    I think it will come down to who hits the homerun on offense, or whether or not Hill and Favre can play better than they have.

I hope to see a defensive battle.

16-13 Niners.
    Favre has the 2nd highest passer rating in the NFL through 2 games... he's completing 77% of his passes... hasn't thrown an INT and is on pace for 24 TDs... how much better were you hoping he's going to play?
    Yea, you're 32nd ranked passing game is pretty scary....
    Let's see how he does when he's forced to make plays instead of riding on the coat tail of the game's best RB.
    The thing is, Vikings rarely have to do that.
    If they can run the ball and play defense the way they do, they will rarely be down by alot, and it certainly won't be your 49ers to put us there.
    Thats part of the appeal in this game. Both defenses are very good. Both running games are good..yours is amazing..and both passing games are weak. Its like getting in a fight with your brother.
    You are aware Brett Favre is leading the league in throwing % right?
    And he's the 2nd highest rated QB in the league right now.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"snowinapril" wrote:
    The first TD by Gore, was aided by the ref..... I just watched it from the endzone on NFLN Playbook.
    The safety (#27) couldn't put a lick on him because of the ref.
    The other one was bad defense, not being disciplined on the gaps.
    Both runs came on 8 and 9 in the box.
    On that second run for a TD, #27 took a bad angle on Gore.

Can #27

benton45™ is offline Waterboy

"Purple_Jesus" wrote:
    "benton45â„¢" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "49er4eva" wrote:
    "BleedinPandG" wrote:
    [quote author=benton45â„¢ link=topic=53327.msg998340#msg998340 date=1253652282]
    I think it will come down to who hits the homerun on offense, or whether or not Hill and Favre can play better than they have.

16-13 Niners.
    Favre has the 2nd highest passer rating in the NFL through 2 games... he's completing 77% of his passes... hasn't thrown an INT and is on pace for 24 TDs... how much better were you hoping he's going to play?
    Let's see how he does when he's forced to make plays instead of riding on the coat tail of the game's best RB.
    If they can run the ball and play defense the way they do, they will rarely be down by alot, and it certainly won't be your 49ers to put us there.
    Thats part of the appeal in this game. Both defenses are very good. Both running games are good..yours is amazing..and both passing games are weak. Its like getting in a fight with your brother.
    [/quote]

HIll is 10th in the league at %..14th in Rate...not shabby either. That doesnt change the fact that compared to both teams running games our passing games are the weaker spot.

Both teams would run the ball every play if they could get away with it and both teams have question marks in the passing game.

I am not trying to badmouth the Vikes at all. I am all for sportsmanship. I am simply pointing out that this game features 2 teams with strong running games and defense...but have comparatively weak passing attacks.

Purple_Jesus is offline Starter

"benton45â„¢" wrote:
    "Purple_Jesus" wrote:
    "benton45â„¢" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "49er4eva" wrote:
    [quote author=BleedinPandG link=topic=53327.msg998342#msg998342 date=1253652488]
    [quote author=benton45â„¢ link=topic=53327.msg998340#msg998340 date=1253652282]

16-13 Niners.
    [/quote]

HIll is 10th in the league at %..14th in Rate...not shabby either. That doesnt change the fact that compared to both teams running games our passing games are the weaker spot.

Both teams would run the ball every play if they could get away with it and both teams have question marks in the passing game.

I am not trying to badmouth the Vikes at all. I am all for sportsmanship. I am simply pointing out that this game features 2 teams with strong running games and defense...but have comparatively weak passing attacks.
    [/quote]

Not trying to sound rude or anything, but the Vikes passing game isn't weak lol.
    It needs some work with Favre getting in tune with Rice/Berrian/Percy but they're doing great so far, and it'll only get better.
    They aren't weak though, if I could give our passing offense a score out of 10 I'd give it a 6 right now.

Doesn't sound too bad though with Hill being 14th, better than I thought he'd be in.
    I guess we'll just have to see how the game goes.

49er4eva is offline Training Camp

"PetersonsSkillz" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    VIkings also rank 4th in the league with 30.4 pts/game
    Yeah I could really care less what the overall ranking is in terms overall yardage, putting points on the board is what is important, that and being efficient with moving the chains, which we have done.
    Wow, you guys have proven to move the chains against 2 of the worst teams in the NFL...
    We better take notice and watch out for your scary offense.

49er4eva is offline Training Camp

Man, I can't wait for this game to finally start...
    It's all that I can think about all day....

Both teams have two tough defenses with very strong running attacks.
    Both teams have efficient, but not spectacular, passing games that work to limit mistakes while moving the chains with short throws....
    Both of our teams match up very well together, and I'm excited to see the final outcome.

17-13 Niners

Having watched both 49ers games this year, I am taking them lightly.
    Better than the teams the Vikings have played, and with a very good defense.
    But not a great team.
    A team the Vikes should beat at home 7 or 8 times out of 10.

The 49ers have a very solid secondary based on what they've done so far.
    And the defense pursues very well to the ball.
    They don't have any great pass rushers, and don't apply it every play, but they get there from time to time.
    I think the 49ers defensive line can be pushed back, though the Cards and Seahawks didn't do it.
    I thought it was interesting that against the Cards the throws to the running back were there all day for Arizona, but against Seattle it seemed like the 49ers sniffed out every screen.

The 49ers offense isn't good.
    Shaun Hill is inconsistent but passable on short passes, but is terribly inaccurate with anything deep.
    If he does get the ball to an open receiver deep, there is a good chance that they will drop it.
    Hill also makes questionable decisions several times each game.
    Frank Gore is good, but his O-line does not help him much and he doesn't break a ton of tackles.
    Other than the two long runs, he's averaging about 2 yards per carry.
    Not because he's bad, but because his O-line just doesn't do a good job.
    The last two drives for both of their games, when they were trying to run out the clock, have been 3-and-out because of this problem.
    The pass protection isn't great, but isn't as bad as the 8 sacks might suggest.

It's the NFL, so anything can happen.
    Turnovers are always huge, and that can be difficult to predict.
    The 49ers could also play better than they have this year on offense.
    The Vikings have a very different offensive style from the two teams that the 49ers have played, so they could look very different in that respect as well.

But I expect the Vikings to be able to move the ball consistently even if they never get the deep ball going, and the 49ers offense to struggle from the get go.
    And if the 49ers try to run up the middle the way they have the past two games in order to demonstrate their manliness, I predict they're going to have a long, long day.
    When the age of the Vikings came to a close, they must have sensed it. Probably, they gathered together one evening, slapped each other on the back and said, "Hey, good job." - Jack Handey [Deep Thoughts]

kspurplepride is offline Pro-Bowler

the 9'ers are improved, but Minnesota wins this 27-10

carta4eva is offline Asst. Coach Space Invaders Champion

With the way the run defense has looked I would assume they'll come out fired up to prove a point they're still the best run d in the league... Gore gets completely shut down, and this will be the first dominant V-Fence performance of the season...

btw... do you think AD has an axe to grind with the team that held him to his worst performance of his career? 150 yds and 2 tds for All Day.
    A wise man once said," Defense Wins Championships!"

Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast