Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: 49er fan here!

Re: 49er fan here!

The point is, even with the BEST RB IN THE LEAGUE teams still have to respect the pass, esp. with a 1st ballot hall of famer behind center.
    The ribbon is the 'Gulf War Ribbon'.
    SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!!

-I need a new liver. Please join us for a spaghetti dinner and silent auction benefit.
    -January 13, 2013 1-4.
    -$10 covers spaghetti, salad and bread.
    -Anoka American Legion.

Favre is doing what the vikes need him to do, manage the game.
    Since he hasn't been playing long...i think the more time that passes the better he will be.
    Injuries aside, by the end of the season he will most likely prove why he is a hall of famer.
    Just because they are 32nd in the pass doesn't make them bad as long as they aren't turning it over.
    Deliver us oh Lord, from the Fury of the Northmen.
    "Anonymous Christian Monk"

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame

"49er4eva" wrote:
    "BleedinPandG" wrote:
    "benton45â„¢" wrote:
    I think it will come down to who hits the homerun on offense, or whether or not Hill and Favre can play better than they have.

I hope to see a defensive battle.

16-13 Niners.
    Favre has the 2nd highest passer rating in the NFL through 2 games... he's completing 77% of his passes... hasn't thrown an INT and is on pace for 24 TDs... how much better were you hoping he's going to play?
    Yea, you're 32nd ranked passing game is pretty scary....
    Let's see how he does when he's forced to make plays instead of riding on the coat tail of the game's best RB.
    Careful with rankings and stats, they are very deceiving, especially this early in the year.

He hasn't had to try and win it on his arm yet.
    No need to start chucking the ball all over the place just to pad some useless stat.
    Doesn't mean he can't do it though.

If San Fran has more success pushing us into a pass heavy game like the last two opponents have failed to do, then we can judge where he is at.
    If you aren't able to shut down our running game and dink and dunk passing game, then we'll never know.

Frankly I hope you guys can be a good test for us, to help judge where we are at.
    I think you're getting a lot more respect than you are indicating lately.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"49er4eva" wrote:
    "BleedinPandG" wrote:
    "benton45â„¢" wrote:
    I think it will come down to who hits the homerun on offense, or whether or not Hill and Favre can play better than they have.

16-13 Niners.
    Favre has the 2nd highest passer rating in the NFL through 2 games... he's completing 77% of his passes... hasn't thrown an INT and is on pace for 24 TDs... how much better were you hoping he's going to play?
    Let's see how he does when he's forced to make plays instead of riding on the coat tail of the game's best RB.
    Ranking, stats, blah blah blah!

That's Madden BS talk there.
    Who cares about 32nd.
    I guess the 0-2 teams ahead of us care more about their YPG than they do about wins.

Wins matter.
    Efficiency matters.
    Turnovers matter.

Look at those stats and we are overachieving.

benton45™ is offline Waterboy

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "49er4eva" wrote:
    "BleedinPandG" wrote:
    "benton45â„¢" wrote:

16-13 Niners.
    The thing is, Vikings rarely have to do that.
    If they can run the ball and play defense the way they do, they will rarely be down by alot, and it certainly won't be your 49ers to put us there.
    Thats part of the appeal in this game. Both defenses are very good. Both running games are good..yours is amazing..and both passing games are weak. Its like getting in a fight with your brother.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "49er4eva" wrote:
    "BleedinPandG" wrote:
    "benton45â„¢" wrote:

16-13 Niners.
    Ranking, stats, blah blah blah!

That's Madden BS talk there.
    Who cares about 32nd.
    I guess the 0-2 teams ahead of us care more about their YPG than they do about wins.

Wins matter.
    Efficiency matters.
    Turnovers matter.

Look at those stats and we are overachieving.
    Wins are what matter, but if you can't spread the field with the passing game eventually that will result in fewer wins. There is always room for improvement, even if your undefeated.

All in all Favre is doing great, which is shown in his QB rating. The QB rating is made up of 4 categories all valued equally. Completion percentage(Favre get A+). TD ratio(Favre gets A), Int ratio(Favre gets an A+), yards per attempt(Favre gets a D). 3 out of 4 is great, and I think it is by design, Favre and the Vikings are doing exactly what they want, they are dictating the defense by taking the small chunks. Eventually it should even out.

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

"benton45â„¢" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "49er4eva" wrote:
    "BleedinPandG" wrote:
    "benton45â„¢" wrote:

16-13 Niners.
    The thing is, Vikings rarely have to do that.
    If they can run the ball and play defense the way they do, they will rarely be down by alot, and it certainly won't be your 49ers to put us there.
    Thats part of the appeal in this game. Both defenses are very good. Both running games are good..yours is amazing..and both passing games are weak. Its like getting in a fight with your brother.
    Our passing game may be unproven, but it certainly can't be classified as weak!
    We've completed almost every pass we've attempted.
    There has been no need at this point to huck the ball deep and rely on a passing game when you're controlling most of the game.
    Down by 3 at the half against poor competition - lol, there were no worries there my friend.
    Still not time enough to hit the panic button and lob the ball because we all know that AP is just getting warmed up.

This may be the first game of the season where we really even get to try out our passing game.
    You have a great run defense.
    But don't call our passing game weak until we've had a fair shot at demonstrating it.
    And yes...I am slightly worried about our passing game.
    Favre and Co. have not proven they can get the ball medium/deep, but then again, they haven't been asked to...bringing me back to the original point.

PetersonsSkillz is offline Training Camp

Without a doubt this upcoming game is are our highest competition to this point, Singletary has his guys playing intense football and they have some good players on both sides of the ball. I'm glad this game is a our Home Opener and being 2-0 we need to get involved with crowd noise and be a factor in this game, get the Heart of Run Defense BACK. I really don't expect the Niners to be effective passing the ball if we come out and stuff the run like we should. We played really sloppy last week and even some in the Browns game, that should be the scary thing for Niners Fans, we're seriously not even playing that good, if we come out this weekend ready to put it all out on the Line for 4QT's the 49ers could be in real trouble cause that is our potential, to dominate a team like this even though there a good squad. I'm not sure it will happen totally but this is a game we should definitely win.

I think we got to expect the 49ers to come in and do whatever it takes to stop the run, that's when Harvin comes in real handy and the Evolution of Favre's ability to throw down field. He's gotten much more in tune with our WR's and it's only a matter of time before a guy like Rice has a big time game, and really Berrian is just getting started himself. I believe it will be very difficult for the 49ers to be able to defend our Offense Period. That's if we don't shoot our own feet off, with turnovers, penalties and missed blocking assignments. If I was a Niners fan I would hope that happens and they are able to get to Favre and really hit him good and put the rush on him.

In the end I would expect the 49ers to come in strong and physical, we easily have the ability to match that and being a home game to start the season I expect a good atmosphere and a very difficult environment for the 49ers to win in. If we get any kind of early lead or a good start to the first half their in real trouble. Keys to the game for the 49ers is to definitely run the football, if they can do that their chances are increased dramatically, there is good news for them... we haven't been very good this year at all defending the run, the bad news is that I know we can.

I know the 49ers are a physical team but one thing they should all know is that we have the most physical team in the NFL and Favre is our QB, a healthy Favre, guy just broke his own completion % record in his 19th NFL Season. I don't believe this game is one the 49ers beat us, if we loose we'll have beaten ourselves, it just shouldn't happen but I don't expect it to end without a Fight, the Niners are an up and coming team, no doubt.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

VIkings also rank 4th in the league with 30.4 pts/game

PetersonsSkillz is offline Training Camp

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    VIkings also rank 4th in the league with 30.4 pts/game
    Yeah I could really care less what the overall ranking is in terms overall yardage, putting points on the board is what is important, that and being efficient with moving the chains, which we have done.

Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast