Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: 49er fan here!

49er4eva is offline Training Camp

Re: 49er fan here!

"jmcdon00" wrote:
    "49er4eva" wrote:
    "Yfz01" wrote:
    People act like Gore is going to run on the MN Vikings defense.

...I know, I know... the worst team in the league ran for 120 yards!
    Well that isn't going to happen again.
    No single rusher has gone over 100 in two years, and Gore isn't going to be any different.
    Who's acting like Gore is going to run over the Vikings D?
    We give your D-Line respect, and we know it's not going to be easy...
    You guys will probably game plan around Frank Gore, and we'll have to rely on Shaun Hill to make plays happen.
    hahahaha,
    Sorry I just find it funny your relying on Shaun Hill and your still confident.
    Yea I find that funny too...
    He's 9-3 as a starter, why shouldn't I be confident in his ability.?
    He was statistically one of the better and more efficient QBs in the NFL last year....
    He's put the team on his back for several come-from-behind victories when we needed them, including against the Cards in a hostile environment...
    He's not a super star, but he can get the job done plain and simple...
    Why shouldn't I feel confident?
    9-3 as a starter, but I should be worried?
    Everytime I doubt the guy, he puts the team on his back and wins the game, and he continuously proves all his doubters wrong...

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

"49er4eva" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    "49er4eva" wrote:
    "Yfz01" wrote:

No single rusher has gone over 100 in two years, and Gore isn't going to be any different.
    You guys will probably game plan around Frank Gore, and we'll have to rely on Shaun Hill to make plays happen.
    hahahaha,
    He was statistically one of the better and more efficient QBs in the NFL last year....
    He's put the team on his back for several come-from-behind victories when we needed them, including against the Cards in a hostile environment...
    Everytime I doubt the guy, he puts the team on his back and wins the game, and he continuously proves all his doubters wrong...
    Yeah, I shouldn't laugh, I still remember him as the Vikings 3rd stringer from years ago. But much like the 49ers as a whole he has not done enough(10 starts) to prove himself in the NFL. Maybe someday he and 9ers will be respected but it hasn't happened yet.

benton45™ is offline Waterboy

I think it will come down to who hits the homerun on offense, or whether or not Hill and Favre can play better than they have.

I hope to see a defensive battle.

16-13 Niners.

BleedinPandG is offline Coach

"benton45â„¢" wrote:
    I think it will come down to who hits the homerun on offense, or whether or not Hill and Favre can play better than they have.

16-13 Niners.
    Favre has the 2nd highest passer rating in the NFL through 2 games... he's completing 77% of his passes... hasn't thrown an INT and is on pace for 24 TDs... how much better were you hoping he's going to play?
    The true measure of a man is what he'd do knowing he'd never be found out.

benton45™ is offline Waterboy

"BleedinPandG" wrote:
    "benton45â„¢" wrote:

16-13 Niners.
    Favre has the 2nd highest passer rating in the NFL through 2 games... he's completing 77% of his passes... hasn't thrown an INT and is on pace for 24 TDs... how much better were you hoping he's going to play?
    31st
    in yards....29th in avg..... Favre isnt playing bad at all...he just isnt the guy making plays. Same with hill. If one QB has 2 picks in this game its going to be huge. If one QB can throw for 3 TDs its going to be huge. Both teams are going to go out there to stop the run first.

Personally, I hope Favre stinks it up.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

"BleedinPandG" wrote:
    "benton45â„¢" wrote:

16-13 Niners.
    Just devils advocate here:
    29th in avg
    28th in first downs
    18th in first down %
    31st long
    4th in sacks
    32nd in yards per game
    (oh and Favre is actually 3rd in QB rating, Peyton Manning is .1 ahead of him)
    http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorysta...E&d-447263-n=1

"jmcdon00" wrote:
    "49er4eva" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    "49er4eva" wrote:
    "Yfz01" wrote:

hahahaha,
    Yeah, I shouldn't laugh, I still remember him as the Vikings 3rd stringer from years ago. But much like the 49ers as a whole he has not done enough(10 starts) to prove himself in the NFL. Maybe someday he and 9ers will be respected but it hasn't happened yet.
    That's why I'm exciting about this upcoming game...
    If we beat the Vikings then the teams, experts, and fans will be forced to give us a little bit of respect.
    Especially after we come back home and demolish the Rams to get to a 4-0 start.

"BleedinPandG" wrote:
    "benton45â„¢" wrote:

16-13 Niners.
    Yea, you're 32nd ranked passing game is pretty scary....
    Let's see how he does when he's forced to make plays instead of riding on the coat tail of the game's best RB.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"49er4eva" wrote:
    "BleedinPandG" wrote:
    "benton45â„¢" wrote:

16-13 Niners.
    Let's see how he does when he's forced to make plays instead of riding on the coat tail of the game's best RB.
    The thing is, Vikings rarely have to do that.
    If they can run the ball and play defense the way they do, they will rarely be down by alot, and it certainly won't be your 49ers to put us there.

BleedinPandG is offline Coach

"49er4eva" wrote:
    "BleedinPandG" wrote:
    "benton45â„¢" wrote:

16-13 Niners.
    2nd highest points differential after 2 games... stats are fun ain't they.

Besides... I'm sure if Favre actually had to play an entire game cause it was still in question during the 4th quarter like the 9ers games have been, his stats would be more inflated.
    The true measure of a man is what he'd do knowing he'd never be found out.

Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast