Thread: 49er fan here!

49er4eva is offline Training Camp

Re: 49er fan here!

"ThorSPL" wrote:
    "49er4eva" wrote:
    "ThorSPL" wrote:
    "49er4eva" wrote:
    "triedandtruevikesfan" wrote:
    I won't discredit the Niners, I thought that they would be one of the wild card teams this year (not play off wild card, but didn't really know what to expect from them in the general scheme of things) obviously they have played well the first 2 weeks of the season, but I don't think that they are on the same caliber as the Vikes.

The dome is a hard place to play, and the crowd is gonna be really into it... AP doesn't like to be held in check so he's gonna go in looking for blood.

It won't be as easy as the Lions or the Browns, but I think we still win pretty convincingly.
    Based on what?
    If you couldn't get a convincing win against the browns or lions (2 of the worst teams in the NFL), what makes you think you can do it against the 49ers?
    If you win, I guarantee you it will not be easy...
    And there's actually a very good chance that you might lose, as you'll soon find out...
    I'm not trying to be a homer here, I just don't understand why you vikings fans act like you guys are like best team in the NFL and we're just some scrubs sitting in you're way to
    glory...
    You're going to realize who the 49ers are real quick, and I'll be back here to welcome you to reality :-)
    When we've got T-Jack in on mop-up duty in both games, I will call them convincing wins.
    We did. It was convincing
    hmmm....
    being down 10-7 at half time to the lions isn't exactly convincing enough for me...
    If you guys are as good as you claim, you should've been spanking them like 17-3 - considering that you're playing against the worst team the NFL has ever seen in the history of the sport....
    But hey, congratulations for beating them "convincingly"...lol
    Games are 4 quarters long, not two.

You can brag if you are ahead at half-time all you want, that doesn't get you in the playoffs.
    My point is that you struggled in the first half against two of the worst teams in the NFL.
    If you come out flat against the 49ers, you will not be able to put up points like you did in the 2nd half of your 2 previous games.....
    I just don't understand how a team as "great" as the vikings could struggle early against 2 horrible teams, and then expect to steamroll through the 49ers...

BBQ Platypus is offline Team Alumni

"49er4eva" wrote:
    "ThorSPL" wrote:
    "49er4eva" wrote:
    "ThorSPL" wrote:
    "49er4eva" wrote:
    [quote author=triedandtruevikesfan link=topic=53327.msg997961#msg997961 date=1253583485]
    I won't discredit the Niners, I thought that they would be one of the wild card teams this year (not play off wild card, but didn't really know what to expect from them in the general scheme of things) obviously they have played well the first 2 weeks of the season, but I don't think that they are on the same caliber as the Vikes.

The dome is a hard place to play, and the crowd is gonna be really into it... AP doesn't like to be held in check so he's gonna go in looking for blood.

It won't be as easy as the Lions or the Browns, but I think we still win pretty convincingly.
    Based on what?
    If you couldn't get a convincing win against the browns or lions (2 of the worst teams in the NFL), what makes you think you can do it against the 49ers?
    And there's actually a very good chance that you might lose, as you'll soon find out...
    I'm not trying to be a homer here, I just don't understand why you vikings fans act like you guys are like best team in the NFL and we're just some scrubs sitting in you're way to
    glory...
    You're going to realize who the 49ers are real quick, and I'll be back here to welcome you to reality :-)
    When we've got T-Jack in on mop-up duty in both games, I will call them convincing wins.
    hmmm....
    being down 10-7 at half time to the lions isn't exactly convincing enough for me...
    If you guys are as good as you claim, you should've been spanking them like 17-3 - considering that you're playing against the worst team the NFL has ever seen in the history of the sport....

You can brag if you are ahead at half-time all you want, that doesn't get you in the playoffs.
    My point is that you struggled in the first half against two of the worst teams in the NFL.
    If you come out flat against the 49ers, you will not be able to put up points like you did in the 2nd half of your 2 previous games.....
    I just don't understand how a team as "great" as the vikings could struggle early against 2 horrible teams, and then expect to steamroll through the 49ers...

[/quote]

Second-half adjustments can always be made to any defense.

Furthermore, if we ever do fall behind, we certainly won't be behind by much.
    Our defense matches up well against your offense.
    It won't be so much "playing catchup" as "scoring one touchdown."

"This is my timey-wimey detector. It goes ding when there's stuff."

"ThorSPL" wrote:
    "49er4eva" wrote:
    "ThorSPL" wrote:
    Statistics two week in to the season are about as useful as the bottom of an outhouse.
    Not really actually...
    It's a good indication as to how well the team are playing at the time....
    You can't just look at the score and stats though...
    If you saw how well the 49ers played the game, then most of you fans would have a better idea of how tough of an opponent we are...
    Most of you fans probably saw a couple highlights on ESPN and haven't even watched a niner game since the last time we played (2 years ago)....

Just trying to help you guys understand that this team is completely different than past 49er teams....
    Under Singletary, we are 6-1 in our last 7 games...
    This coach is the ultimate motivator, and he has this defense playing like I've never seen in many many years.
    Our offense is still a question mark, which is why I believe this game could go either way.
    Not at all.
    Period.
    Statistics based on two data points are completely worthless.
    You can't even form a trend line with two data points.
    If you want to argue that with me, feel free.

I'm not saying the first two games statistics make your team good or bad, I'm saying they're so horribly skewed that they mean nothing anybody could interpret.
    There is a reason there are minimums required in order for players to be included among league-leaders.
    One run or reception of 80 yards pretty much would solidify a player as amazing based on their YPA/YPC... they don't do that.

That being said, I agree this game could go either way.
    I just don't agree with your logic from that post.
    I'm not going off statistics on how well the 49ers are...
    I'm watching every play of these games, and I've never seen us look this good in so many years...
    That's the reason for my optimism, not statistics...
    I agree that stats can be misleading and don't tell the whole story...
    Just making a point that my optimism is based on our play on the field....

I do agree this game could go either way...
    I think this game could be 50-50 if in a neutral stadium...
    But since you're at home, I think you have a 55% chance of winning compared to 45%...
    I'll give you guys the edge, but I'm still confident that we will have a chance to win this game...
    And if we do lose, it won't be a blow out like some of you are expecting.

"BBQ" wrote:
    "49er4eva" wrote:
    "ThorSPL" wrote:
    "49er4eva" wrote:
    "ThorSPL" wrote:
    [quote author=49er4eva link=topic=53327.msg998000#msg998000 date=1253594512]
    [quote author=triedandtruevikesfan link=topic=53327.msg997961#msg997961 date=1253583485]

Based on what?
    glory...
    hmmm....

[/quote]

[/quote]

I agree that if you fall behind it won't be by much.
    I don't expect us to go in there and light up the scoreboard, but I think our defense will keep you from lighting up the scoreboard as well.
    This will be a low scoring game, and I think it will be decided by less than 7 points.
    Now having said that, either team is only one TD from victory.

Our defense matches up VERY well against your offense, just as your defense matches up really well against our offense...
    Our teams are very similar in that aspect...
    However, our offense is still bit of an unknown, as we've only had 2 games under this OC...
    I think our offense against your defense will determine the outcome of the game....

Yfz01 is offline Asst. Coach

People act like Gore is going to run on the MN Vikings defense.

...I know, I know... the worst team in the league ran for 120 yards!
    Well that isn't going to happen again.
    No single rusher has gone over 100 in two years, and Gore isn't going to be any different.

"Yfz01" wrote:

No single rusher has gone over 100 in two years, and Gore isn't going to be any different.
    Who's acting like Gore is going to run over the Vikings D?
    We give your D-Line respect, and we know it's not going to be easy...
    You guys will probably game plan around Frank Gore, and we'll have to rely on Shaun Hill to make plays happen.

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

"49er4eva" wrote:
    "BBQ" wrote:
    "49er4eva" wrote:
    "ThorSPL" wrote:
    "49er4eva" wrote:
    [quote author=ThorSPL link=topic=53327.msg998222#msg998222 date=1253640897]
    [quote author=49er4eva link=topic=53327.msg998000#msg998000 date=1253594512]

Based on what?
    glory...
    hmmm....

[/quote]

[/quote]

I agree that if you fall behind it won't be by much.
    I don't expect us to go in there and light up the scoreboard, but I think our defense will keep you from lighting up the scoreboard as well.
    This will be a low scoring game, and I think it will be decided by less than 7 points.
    Now having said that, either team is only one TD from victory.

Our defense matches up VERY well against your offense, just as your defense matches up really well against our offense...
    Our teams are very similar in that aspect...
    However, our offense is still bit of an unknown, as we've only had 2 games under this OC...
    I think our offense against your defense will determine the outcome of the game....

[/quote]

"I think our offense against your defense will determine the outcome of the game...."

I agree. Turnovers will decide this game ultimately. That's why I'm glad we are playing it at home.

I'm one who does not take the 9ers lightly. They are a better team than they were in previous years.
    And I wouldn't be surprised if they beat us.

But I wouldn't place a whole lot of faith in what happened the last two weeks, as a guide to what will happen Sunday.

It won't be an easy game for either team.

“What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

"49er4eva" wrote:
    "Yfz01" wrote:

Who's acting like Gore is going to run over the Vikings D?
    We give your D-Line respect, and we know it's not going to be easy...
    You guys will probably game plan around Frank Gore, and we'll have to rely on Shaun Hill to make plays happen.
    hahahaha,
    Sorry I just find it funny your relying on Shaun Hill and your still confident.

BleedinPandG is offline Coach

I still get a kick out of their logic... the 9er's aren't the same team they were last year, they were in 07, new OC, blah blah blah...

Yet... we beat 2 of the worst teams in the NFL... based on what?
    Oh yeah, what they did last year!
    So sure, don't judge the 9er's of yesteryear, but the Browns and Lions, yeah sure, they're exactly the same, it's a fair comparison...
    lets ignore that the Browns and Lions both have entirely new coaching staffs... lets ignore over half of the Lions 53 man roster is new as well as over half of their defensive starters...

Further!
    Lets say we have quality wins against AZ and Seattle because AZ was in the SB last year and Seattle posted good records against lousy competition years ago!
    Yeah... that shows how great we are, we beat those 2 teams that were great at some point in the past!
    That, by default, makes us great!

Frankly, neither the 9ers or the Vikes have played a team anyone was concerned with this year.
    They play in a "meow" division of the NFC that no one takes seriously.
    Sure, they have a solid D lead by a solid LB but that's about all they have going for them besides a coach who thinks dropping his pants at half time will motivate his players.
    Frankly, it probably works, I know I wouldn't want to have to stare at my bosses asshole a 2nd time if I didn't have to!
    The 9ers have 1 weapon on offense and unfortunately for them, that weapon is likely neutralized by the top ranked rushing defense 3 years in a row that returns almost entirely intact and healthy.
    There is 1 change on defense for the Vikings this year which would help demonstrate correlation from performance last year.

Someone made the comparison to the Vikes of 2 years ago... solid D... one dimensional O... that sounds spot on.
    And like 2 years ago where the 9ers concentrated on turning off that 1 dimension and making the Vikes win throwing the ball... our strategy will be the same.
    The difference is, in 2007, the 9ers didn't have the O the Vikings do today.
    Favre was praticing his screens, both to RBs and WRs... just praying the 9ers sell out to stop the rush.
    If they dare do it they'll quickly find out how strong and fast Percy Harvin is.
    Get behind us early and Gore will be even less of a threat... than Shawn hill takes a few fumble sacks... Vikes do a pick 6... the game gets ugly...

The 9ers don't match up well at all.
    Talk all the shit you want about who we've beated, who you've beaten, frankly, it doesn't matter.
    The 9ers absolutely do not match up well against the Vikings and few teams do.
    If the Vikings score early, this quickly becomes a blow out.
    The only chance the 9ers have is another bad 1st half by the Vikes.
    The true measure of a man is what he'd do knowing he'd never be found out.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"tastywaves" wrote:
    "49er4eva" wrote:
    "ThorSPL" wrote:
    Statistics two week in to the season are about as useful as the bottom of an outhouse.
    Not really actually...
    It's a good indication as to how well the team are playing at the time....
    You can't just look at the score and stats though...
    If you saw how well the 49ers played the game, then most of you fans would have a better idea of how tough of an opponent we are...
    Most of you fans probably saw a couple highlights on ESPN and haven't even watched a niner game since the last time we played (2 years ago)....

Just trying to help you guys understand that this team is completely different than past 49er teams....
    Under Singletary, we are 6-1 in our last 7 games...
    This coach is the ultimate motivator, and he has this defense playing like I've never seen in many many years.
    Our offense is still a question mark, which is why I believe this game could go either way.
    The 9ers are a legitimate team right now.
    First time in a long time, mostly due to their defense and Frank Gore.
    It's also fair to say the Vikings haven't been tested real hard yet against the Browns or Lions.
    That doesn't take away anything from the fact that MN did win there first two games on the road convincingly.

The Vikings can play much better on both sides of the ball then they've showed so far, when needed the team elevated their play and put away their opponent.
    If the 9ers come into the dome with a lot of intensity (which Singletary will make sure of), it will push our boys to play a little better than they have to date.
    I guarantee they will be motivated to shut down Gore.

I think this will be a good game and should be a nice test for BF to see how far he's come with our offense.
    I expect AD will get his, regardless of any game plan SF may have in limiting his yards.

Look for Percy Harvin to continue to make key plays to help keep the chains moving.
    Berrian should be close to healthy as well and I look for Favre to take a shot or two deep if San Fran sells out on the line.

What you've seen so far from MN this year is only scratching the surface on where we need to be and should be as the season rolls on.
    I expect they will elevate another notch this weekend and put another W on the board.
    Nice post Tasty!

We have a lot of talent and I agree that we have been building on each game.
    We are definitely not unveiling the whole O or D a lot of that has been due to the opponents we have faced.

The problem that I have is that we have stalled on the scripted O and haven't had the first O possession go for a score yet.
    We have been more than flat.
    I am hoping the HHH MetroDome will get us on track.

This will be a good test for us to bring our play up another level.
    If we don't it will could be a bad outcome.
    The problem I have with the 9er fans coming in here, they are assuming that the Vikes will play bad in order for them to win.
    I am expecting the 9ers to bring their A game.
    I am expecting us to bring our B+ game.
    I think our B+ is better than their A.
    Close game, we win!
    JMHO!

Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast