Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Zygi Wilf refinances his debt

Per the report, the acquisition debt now stands at $135 million. When Wilf bought the team, he borrowed $175 million. So his debt has been reduced by . . . engaging abacus . . . $40 million.

As Kaplan points out, the NFLPA has bristled at a recent attempt by teams to pay down debt in large chunks, since that money could instead go to the players.
    Zygi Wilf refinances his debt
    Two things from this.....

a. The Wilf Ownership group has only paid off 40 mil or just Zygi? Either way, sure doesn't seem to be paying it off very quickly.

b. More proof the players are only concerned about money and don't play the game cause they love it.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Zygi Wilf refinances his debt

bye bye vikings

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

Re:Zygi Wilf refinances his debt

Not sure what to make of this. Sure wish he was using the 40million as a downpayment for a new stadium.

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Zygi Wilf refinances his debt

Everything is fine. We have Favre.
    We're bringing purple back.

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

jmcdon00 wrote:
    Not sure what to make of this. Sure wish he was using the 40million as a downpayment for a new stadium.
    Makes one wonder if he has the financial strength to be any kind of partner in a stadium venture.

Is he looking to hit the jackpot with public financing?
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

jargomcfargo wrote:
    jmcdon00 wrote:
    Makes one wonder if he has the financial strength to be any kind of partner in a stadium venture.

It does make one wonder. Not to mention most of his wealth was said to be from commercial real estate, which has taken a slight hit the last 5 years.

Probably it's a much simpler matter of he's got the money, so pay off the debt and save some interest. If he needs the money later he just takes out another loan.

Forbes numbers if your interested.
    http://www.forbes.com/lists/2008/30/sportsmoney_nfl08_NFL-Team-Valuations_Value_2.html
    Team valued at 839million, with just under 320million debt(not sure what the difference in debt is for).

Another link that gives an even better/ and newer look at the vikings financials.

http://www.forbes.com/lists/2009/30/football-values-09_Minnesota-Vikings_309201.html

jargomcfargo wrote:
    jmcdon00 wrote:

Makes one wonder how rich a rich man actually is....

My guess, as with most owners, very few of them can go ahead and finance a stadium out of pocket. Thats why they ask for help.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Marrdro wrote:
    jargomcfargo wrote:
    jmcdon00 wrote:

My guess, as with most owners, very few of them can go ahead and finance a stadium out of pocket. Thats why they ask for help.
    I get the impression he's not as rich as we would like to believe.

As much as it pains me, we need a guy like Jerry jones. He'd have this done.

i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    jargomcfargo wrote:
    jmcdon00 wrote:

Banish the thought. There are alot more owners (who don't act as the team GM) out there who need help with respect to stadium finances than those that don't (and act as the GM).

What we need is a bit of vision and for thought with respect to the MN leadership when it comes to bringing in businesses/keeping businesses in the state that are money producers instead of a drain on the taxpayers.

Alas, every effort to get this done has met with resistance all the way to the top of those leaders. The worst part, is the spin that is being put on it.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Marrdro wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    jargomcfargo wrote:
    jmcdon00 wrote:

Banish the thought. There are alot more owners (who don't act as the team GM) out there who need help with respect to stadium finances than those that don't (and act as the GM).

What we need is a bit of vision and for thought with respect to the MN leadership when it comes to bringing in businesses/keeping businesses in the state that are money producers instead of a drain on the taxpayers.

Alas, every effort to get this done has met with resistance all the way to the top of those leaders. The worst part, is the spin that is being put on it.
    why? Jerry Jones has put a good team on the field for the last 5 years. I believe that their shortcomings started with TO, and now rest with the coaching staff. The Tuna did a good job getting what he had playing decently, Phillips isn't doing as good with IMO, a better roster.

Jones however, Went out and built the biggest sporting stadium in the world, with a screen that cost as much as their old stadium. If you need a guy to go get something done. JJ seems like the man for the job.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast