Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Zygi Wilf plans to be more hands-on next year

"singersp" wrote:
    "AngloVike" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "AngloVike" wrote:
    One thing with Zygi is that he freely admits that he is a fan, so I reckon that he will ask the questions that we as fans would ask. This might make the draft team a lot accountable and be able to justify more why they decide to select player X in the first round. I don't think he will be interfering in the way that some people think but he may ensure that the draft process in terms of fan perception is more considered.
    It could be worse as we could have an owner who is constantly getting in the way or one that could totally ignore what goes on. At the moment Zygi seems to finding his level of involvement in the way the team is run, which is only fair as it is his money that funds it.
    This off-season and draft time should help give us a clue as to how much he will be involved in matters.
    [size=10pt]"Wilf said he would force the issue and sign a big-name free-agent receiver or take the top available one in the draft."[/size]

http://www.twincities.com/mld/twincities/sports/football/16371407.htm
    I'm not sure I'd term that as interference.. he's only pointing out something that is common knowledge amongst fans ie that our WR corp sucks. My definition of interfering is more when the draft team/personnel dept. want and make case for a WR and he decides and insists that we should go for another position or player instead.
    To be really picky anytime you draft a WR, or any player, you are by definition selecting the player who you feel is the top one available at the time - that holds true whether you're in round #1 or round #7
    I was refering it more to this part of your post....

he may ensure that the draft process in terms of fan perception is more considered.
    what I meant by that was, in my eyes anyway, that with him asking the types of questions that we as fans do then maybe the fans views on things may be taking into some consideration. I'm not trying to say that we're smarter just that we'd have a different perspective on things.
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

vking is offline Training Camp

Right or wrong I bet there isn't one fan here that at sometime during the season didn't seriously question the decision making of Childress. Not to mention his over all coaching.

Think how Zygi must feel. He's gotta have his doubts that Childress was the best hire. Maybe this is just his way of saying he won't let Childress rail road his $600 mil into oblivian. Childress may claim to know the x's and o's of football but I have no doubt that Wilf is smarter than Childress. Zygi ain't my hero by any means but I'm glad he's smart enough to see that Childress has rattled to many cages and may not be the coach he thought he was getting. I guess the fear of over involment of ownership should not be underestimated but in this case the alternative is an unchecked Childress and that can't be good.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

[size=13pt]Vikings insider: Give Wilf credit for identifying management structure problem[/size]

The Vikings owner will play a bigger role next season, acknowledging the Triangle of Authority needed tweaking.

By Kevin Seifert, Star Tribune
    Last update: January 06, 2007 – 11:36 PM

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

"singersp" wrote:
    [size=13pt]Vikings insider: Give Wilf credit for identifying management structure problem[/size]

The Vikings owner will play a bigger role next season, acknowledging the Triangle of Authority needed tweaking.

By Kevin Seifert, Star Tribune
    Last update: January 06, 2007 – 11:36 PM

"That's me," Wilf said, pointing to the space between the fork, knife and spoon. "I'll be in the middle."
    So, is Zygi going to be the spork?
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"Acumen" wrote:
    "That's me," Wilf said, pointing to the space between the fork, knife and spoon. "I'll be in the middle."
    He's the grapefruit spoon.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

"AWZeus" wrote:
    "Acumen" wrote:

=Z=
    That analogy did use a simplistic place setting, I thought the new-look Vikings were going to have a more complicated look once everything gets going.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"Acumen" wrote:
    "AWZeus" wrote:
    "Acumen" wrote:

=Z=
    That analogy did use a simplistic place setting, I thought the new-look Vikings were going to have a more complicated look once everything gets going.
    What if I make him the butter knife?
    Then he's central to the entire table and everyone uses him a little bit to get things done.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456