Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Zygi Wilf plans to be more hands-on next year

Well, reading between the lines....

I would say that all of this hub-bub is in response to all the posters at PPO. KFAN, and the media who have said since the season was half over that Brad had too much power. He was secretive and everyone, including all the players cringed in his presence. So now we sing all the way over 180 degrees and say, "Gee, we don't want Wilf to have all this power, why he's not a football man."
    Which is it guys and gals??????
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

JellyBean2144 is offline Pro-Bowler

"AWZeus" wrote:
    "JellyBean2144" wrote:
    "AWZeus" wrote:
    "PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:
    Hire a real GM. Problems solved.
    The Lions have a GM.

=Z=
    No, the Lions have a joke for a GM.
    He didn't say "Hire a Good GM", he said a "Real GM".
    Millen is a real GM.
    A real lousy GM, but a real GM, nonetheless.

=Z=
    I beg to differ on "GM", but if you wanna split hairs over...fine.

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

"whackthepack" wrote:
    Spielman was on with PA from Kfan last night on his Vikings weekly show, I missed the part with Childress but was able to listen to his interview with Spileman.

PA asked Spielman if there was any chance he would be interested in Randy Moss and Spielman started laughing before he caught himself and then said never say never, but you could tell the laugh was spontaneous and that there is no chance he will look at Randy Moss.
    Wow.
    The last time I was this surprised was when bono didn't win the Pulitzer prize last year.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

MVIKING7 is offline Pro-Bowler

Wilf will be more hands on? I have no problem with that, as long as he hires a real GM, has no problem "spending" the money, and doesn't become a Jerry Jones or an Al Davis, having direct input on the feild. Your an owner, deal with the money stuff, and hire the right pros.

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

"Acumen" wrote:
    "whackthepack" wrote:
    Spielman was on with PA from Kfan last night on his Vikings weekly show, I missed the part with Childress but was able to listen to his interview with Spileman.

PA asked Spielman if there was any chance he would be interested in Randy Moss and Spielman started laughing before he caught himself and then said never say never, but you could tell the laugh was spontaneous and that there is no chance he will look at Randy Moss.
    Wow.
    The last time I was this surprised was when bono didn't win the Pulitzer prize last year.
    I'm glad I wasn't the only one that couldn't believe it.

cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    Well, reading between the lines....

I would say that all of this hub-bub is in response to all the posters at PPO. KFAN, and the media who have said since the season was half over that Brad had too much power. He was secretive and everyone, including all the players cringed in his presence. So now we sing all the way over 180 degrees and say, "Gee, we don't want Wilf to have all this power, why he's not a football man."
    Which is it guys and gals??????
    Well maybe it's really neither.

I think the real problem is that people want to have the team in the hands of someone they trust.

And people just don't trust any of these guys.

I say give them the benefit of the doubt still. And let them try to earn our trust by improving this team (hopefully). And if that doesn't happen in a couple of seasons lets bash them then.

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

"whackthepack" wrote:

Get the podcast of the Childress' interview here: KFAN viking-podcasts

"cogitans" wrote:
    "whackthepack" wrote:

Get the podcast of the Childress' interview here: KFAN viking-podcasts
    I just downloaded it myself and am listning to it. The Spielman interview is also a part of the first podcast on there.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"cogitans" wrote:
    <snip>
    I say give them the benefit of the doubt still. And let them try to earn our trust by improving this team (hopefully). And if that doesn't happen in a couple of seasons lets bash them then.
    I am with cogitans on this one.
    It is hard to compare the 06 Vikes with the 05 Vikes because of all the change.
    Was the 05 team really a better team, or were they just working better together?
    I personally think Childress fielded a better team than Tice did in 05, but because of all of the change (from the coaching staff on down) the team element was lost.
    This can take a while to rebuild.

Now Childress has set a benchmark for comparison.
    I expect the Vikes to improve their record in 07.
    I am not saying that we will have a super bowl caliber team next season (not saying that we won't either), but I expect us at the very least to have a winning record and have a chance at the playoffs.
    Each year must improve on the last...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

I don't care what he does, just as long as he's not hands on and obnoxious as Jerry Jones.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast