Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

Re: Zygi trying to buy land near Metrodome from the Star-Tribune

"PurpleRide" wrote:
    "olson_10" wrote:
    "PurpleRide" wrote:
    "CStephanRun13" wrote:
    I have to admit, I like the Dome too much, singersp.
    But, if it reeeeaaalllly rocked, I'd like a new stadium.
    what do you like the dome for? long lines to the bathrooms, vendors?
    Bad sight lines?
    no tailgating?
    impossible to get out after the game, thats why so many fans leave early even if the game is close?
    The dome was a complete mistake from the beginning, only one more team before we can blow up that P.O.S.
    if u really think thats going to change noticably, then ur insane..the only problem with the metrodome is that it doesnt generate enough personal suite revenue, and the stupid exit doors
    Have you ever been to the X in st paul?
    Totally different, better food, smaller lines, packed every game just like the dome.
    Better sound, better everything.
    I want a vikings stadium that people want to go to, a football type wrigley field, a place that ranks top 5 in all sports to go to.
    The dome is the worst place to watch any type of sport.
    It is junk, i would have thought people were smart enough to know the reason why it is so loud is because they pipe more noise through the speakers.
    But this is the "new" minnesota i guess.
    There is NO tailgating lots controled by the team, the vikings make no money off of parking.
    If you havent noticed, there are many stadiums now considered louder than the dome, if you want to keep that junk pile because its loud your insane!!!
    KC, loud as hel!, no roof, seattle, no roof.
    Build a smart stadium instead of a no thrill pack 'em in and shoo them out
    junk pile
    KC is NOT that loud, i went to many games there when i lived in missouri..seattle also exaggerates how loud their place is..im not sure why you quoted me, and then brought up noise in the first place..i dont think i mentioned 'keeping the stadium just because of the noise' anywhere in anything i typed so im not sure where you came up with that..i said before also that it would be nice to have a new stadium simply because the team needs it for financial purposes, but im not going to rip on the dome because as of now, i love watching football games there

plus, you are comparing a 25 year old football stadium to a 5 year old -state of the art- hockey arena..like, come on dude, think a little bit
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"PurpleRide" wrote:
    Totally different, better food, smaller lines, packed every game just like the dome.
    I want a vikings stadium that people want to go to, a football type wrigley field, a place that ranks top 5 in all sports to go to.
    It is junk, i would have thought people were smart enough to know the reason why it is so loud is because they pipe more noise through the speakers.
    There is NO tailgating lots controled by the team, the vikings make no money off of parking.
    If you havent noticed, there are many stadiums now considered louder than the dome, if you want to keep that junk pile because its loud your insane!!!
    junk pile
    When did they start playing football games with 65,000 fans in the X?

Until they do - it's not a valid comparison.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Prophet Guest

"AWZeus" wrote:
    "PurpleRide" wrote:
    junk pile

=Z=
    Wrong.
    The comparison was brought into context in a post following that one:

...And to compaire the X, it was built with the mindset of making it a great venue before during and after the game, ever notice you can watch the game from a bar on the club level seats, not on tv, you sit and can watch the game over your shoulder.
    Thats a fricken stadium.
    The concourses(spelling) are wider than the dome, there are more concessions stand, more bars, more bathrooms.
    I can compaire the two, one was built as a quick fix to a bleacher stadium the other was built to attract people to the arena with or without a hockey game going on.
    I can compaire all i want between the two.
    I want a stadium built with the fans in mind, the dome was not, i want to be able to walk around before the game and see different views of the field, cannot do that at the dome, you have to walk in and out of the tunnels.
    I want a place, like limbo in sconsin where people flock to year around just to get a picture taken in front of it.
    The dome sucks, i hate going, i have to go just because my alliance with the vikings out does my hatered for the dome.
    And next year with another tailgating lot taken away from the fans, the place will be even less enjoyable.
    The X is a landmark arean, teams of all sports took notice when designing their own.
    Thats a fact, printed in ESPN mag, you know when the X was ranked top stadium/arena in pro sports.
    When was the metrodump ranked higher than 60?
    That comparison sums up part of my hatred toward of the dome (besides, HHH's ghost killed my dog when I was there).

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

Speaking of crowd noise, and the 12th man, I heard recently that the competition committee is considering letting ALL offensive players have speakers in their helmets starting next season.
    The crowd would be a non-factor from then on.
    I personally hope they don't do that because I like to add to the home field advantage and cheer loudly when we're on defense.
    I guess I would have to join the other long-time season ticket holders and start sitting on my hands.

Doesn't the building right next to the dome have a Star-Tribune sign on it?
    I think it does.

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

"Prophet" wrote:
    "AWZeus" wrote:
    "PurpleRide" wrote:
    junk pile

=Z=
    Wrong.
    The comparison was brought into context in a post following that one:

...And to compaire the X, it was built with the mindset of making it a great venue before during and after the game, ever notice you can watch the game from a bar on the club level seats, not on tv, you sit and can watch the game over your shoulder.
    Thats a fricken stadium.
    The concourses(spelling) are wider than the dome, there are more concessions stand, more bars, more bathrooms.
    I can compaire the two, one was built as a quick fix to a bleacher stadium the other was built to attract people to the arena with or without a hockey game going on.
    I can compaire all i want between the two.
    I want a stadium built with the fans in mind, the dome was not, i want to be able to walk around before the game and see different views of the field, cannot do that at the dome, you have to walk in and out of the tunnels.
    I want a place, like limbo in sconsin where people flock to year around just to get a picture taken in front of it.
    The dome sucks, i hate going, i have to go just because my alliance with the vikings out does my hatered for the dome.
    And next year with another tailgating lot taken away from the fans, the place will be even less enjoyable.
    The X is a landmark arean, teams of all sports took notice when designing their own.
    Thats a fact, printed in ESPN mag, you know when the X was ranked top stadium/arena in pro sports.
    When was the metrodump ranked higher than 60?
    That comparison sums up part of my hatred toward of the dome (besides, HHH's ghost killed my dog when I was there).
    Another valid reason to tear it down.
    Dog killing HHH, damn you!
    You republican whore!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234