Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    UTVikfan is offline Coordinator

Re: Zygi puts faith in the untested

The recipe for success. Get a new owner, with no experience. Fire EVERY SINGLE PERSON with experience. Hire a HC with no experience. Hire a DC with no experience. Hire a OC with no experience. Hire a line coach with no experience. Hire a DB coach aint done it before. Hire a trainer off the street. Hire a GM that is good at saying "YES SIR!". Hire everyone else in the place with no experience (I wonder if the janitor's were spared....bet not), and send your franchise QB to Miami cause he miffed the HC, and owner.

The NFL is a copy cat league. Do you really see everyone in the league doing that after we "win the superbowl" next year? I bet we will be really pushing the pack for last in the division, with all these "good" changes.

Won't work in any other business. I dont see it happening in the NFL either.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"UTVikfan" wrote:
    The recipe for success. Get a new owner, with no experience. Fire EVERY SINGLE PERSON with experience. Hire a HC with no experience. Hire a DC with no experience. Hire a OC with no experience. Hire a line coach with no experience. Hire a DB coach aint done it before. Hire a trainer off the street. Hire a GM that is good at saying "YES SIR!". Hire everyone else in the place with no experience (I wonder if the janitor's were spared....bet not), and send your franchise QB to Miami cause he miffed the HC, and owner.

The NFL is a copy cat league. Do you really see everyone in the league doing that after we "win the superbowl" next year? I bet we will be really pushing the pack for last in the division, with all these "good" changes.

Could you TONE DOWN your unbridled enthusiasm a few notches...some of us here want to wallow in our negativity! :lol: :razz:
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

I think you are being a little pesimistic. Granted, I doubt we will be making a superbowl run, but I don't think we will be finishing last in the division either.

Keep in mind that it is not like our coaching staff was picked at random out of a crowd at the mall. They all have experience, and success, at other levels. And keep in mind that the "inexperienced" HC, OC, and DC are all respected in their fields.

I think we did pretty well with our new coaching changes. Even if 50% are a bust, we will still be better off than we were last year!
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

seaniemck7 is offline Hall of Famer

Maybe we should have kept the same mediocre coaching staff for the next 5 years as well. Let's take a look at what our coaching staff is doing next year:
    Tice: Assistant Coach
    Loney: Offensive Line Coach
    Cotrell: Retired (because No One offered him a job even with the plethora of openings this year)
    Yeah, we should have stuck with that staff. That is a recipe for success. :roll:

Or Maybe we should have waited to hire people with "experience" who had all been fired from their respective positions. That what sounds like a great plan. Lets get some experienced guys who suck. That sounds great!

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"UTVikfan" wrote:

Sometimes that is what it takes to think outside the box.

I can see your concerns, I have pondered on them as well. Put on top of your concerns, the guys that we got rid of last season, and then the guys that are rumored to be gone this offseason, WOW. That much change is hard to swallow.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"snowinapril" wrote:
    "UTVikfan" wrote:

Sometimes that is what it takes to think outside the box.

I can see your concerns, I have pondered on them as well. Put on top of your concerns, the guys that we got rid of last season, and then the guys that are rumored to be gone this offseason, WOW. That much change is hard to swallow.
    :wink:

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

UTVikfan is offline Coordinator

I got that outta my system for another week or so. I figure NBD, LOL, I shoulda got TORCHED by you guys, but, I have all off-season to deal with this.

We could however get 53 rookies for our rost....nm. I will behave.

I really do wish we had some experience. We were very, very close rosterwise to a bowl. Very close, IMO. It pains me to have another learning curve for all those folks to go through. It drives me nuts. And if we have to baby sit a new QB...oh man! But, what can you do?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234