Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    happy camper is offline Team Alumni

Re: ZYGI, Finaly has his say on the Love Boat issue....

"If there was any sense that we would look the other way regarding this type of behavior," Wilf said, "I want to make it extremely clear that this behavior will never be tolerated again. I will build a first-class franchise both on and off the field, that's known for its class, integrity and character. Period."
    oh man. this part makes my eyes water.

this is what ive been waiting to hear. integrity, i said it in a different thread. go wilf. :grin:
    "There is good and there is evil. And evil must be punished. Even in the face of Armageddon I will not compromise."

StillPurple is offline Hall of Famer

I have several thoughts on this:

a. being "lewd" is not against the law, is it ?
    b. having sex is also not against the law, right ?
    c. Asking someone to have sex is also not against the law.
    d. Being on a boat while this all happens is also not against the law.

Now, I am not condoning what happened !!!! Please don't get me wrong. What I am trying to do is separate out the illegal things from the things that are merely questionable.

I think many pro athletes think that they are still in college, and the university will "straighten things out" for them. But this is the adult world, where noone from "university affairs" comes in to bail you out.

I guess I have mixed feelings about this: if nothing illegal happened, maybe just let it slide. If something illegal happened, nail them and get them off the team.

Del Rio Guest

I believe part of that list can be illegal if you are in public. Public is pretty much anything other then your own home out of site.

If you decided to get it on on your front porch, or even up against your 15 ft long living room window, you could be cited.

You can't rub one off in the Wal-mart parking lot, and apparently you can't do that stuff on a chartered boat either.

Prostitution is illegal. Money in return for sexual favors is illegal.

It all comes down to definitions and I think each state is different. If the police feel they have a case I am assuming something illegal was done.

no being lewd, etc is not against the law. That said, the Vikings players constitutional right to have sex ends where the boat employees right to not witness it begins

happy camper is offline Team Alumni

not to mention its completly irresponsible.

the players that did engage in this are either idiots, or they do not care about respecability of themselves, thier team mates, coaches, or maybe more importantly.. fans.

and if they did care about all those people, how big of a freakin moron do you have to be to engage in sexual acts on a boat, with 90 people on them, including people that are working there. did they think nobody would inform the media?

so they're either stupid or they dont care.
    "There is good and there is evil. And evil must be punished. Even in the face of Armageddon I will not compromise."

vikeU2 is offline Rookie

I'm thinking that these players are just downright stupid...throw in some arrogance and the feeling of invincibility and you've got this situation where the feeling is "I'm above all else"
    What absolute stupid timing on the part of these players! Selfish, selfish, selfish...quit thinking with your penis boys and get to the business of football.
    "Attitude is Everything!"

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Fair play to Zygi on this, finally an owner of a pro sports team that lays down the fact that there are limits as to what is acceptable and what is not. He bought the team thinking that he had acquired something with some class and that he would be proud to be associated with.
    At the moment it is not looking that way and, though we have to abide that people are innocent til otherwise proven, it looks as if he knows a little of what may have been going on despite nothing being made public yet.
    I think we may have acquired a far better owner than we may have realised at the time. Yes he is willing to invest in the team and the organisation but not at the cost of turning a blind eye when problems may occur.
    At this rate I would not be surprised if he was willing to release or trade players come season end if they are not following the expected standards.

Well done Zygi !
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion

"vikefan in WI" wrote:
    My first concern is getting the stadium deal back on track, sounds like new owner might be able to pull it off.

Sidenote to RK,
    I noticed your WWBGD signature. I changed mine today not realizing that I inadvertantly plagerized you, sorry about that.
    I have no problem with you using WWBGD in your sig. :grin: I think its a sentiment that many Viking fans have. Please feel free to use it if you like. :thumbleft:

WWBGD

Character counts and it seems Zygi gets it. It would have been interesting to see McComb's reaction to all this $hit!
    Randomness: Exhibiting faith in Purple Chaos Theory!

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

I hope this statement goes for Tice, too! If he woudn't have tried to be a "nice guy" this probably wouldn't have happened. Tice can take a lesson from Zygi on this one. It's time to get tough on the players on and off the field!
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast