Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

ZYGI, Finaly has his say on the Love Boat issue....

Hailing a "new era" for the franchise, Vikings owner Zygi Wilf said today he has established a new set behavior standards for the franchise in response to this week's allegations of a player sex party aboard two boats on Lake Minnetonka.

Wilf said he "will levy the appropriate penalties, fines and/or suspensions as soon as the formal investigation is completed" but would not specify what that discipline would entail.

Wilf addressed the team this morning at Winter Park and "expressed my anger." He apologized to Gov. Tim Pawlenty in telephone conversation and plans to reach out to a number of other community leaders. He plans to speak with NFL Commissioner Paul Tagliabue later today and apologized to "all Minnesota Vikings fans.

"I am embarrassed," he said during a 15-minute conversation with three reporters this morning in his Winter Park office.

"My family is embarrassed. My partners are embarrassed. The NFL is embarrassed. The alumni. And anyone who respects this franchise is embarrassed. You have my promise that I will do everything in my power to ensure that unacceptable behavior does not occur ever again.

"This is a great organization, and there are so many good people that work for the Vikings who deserve to work for a class organization. This franchise is a valuable asset to the state of Minnesota as I stated many times before. And it is my responsibility that it returns to respectability and glory."

Wilf said he will hold players "accountable for their own actions" and said he would not hold coach Mike Tice or any other supervisor responsible if and when authorities press charges. Although the NFL's Collective Bargaining Agreement limits the punishment players can receive, Wilf said "we will have a higher standard than the NFL."

Wilf refused to provide details of those standards.

"If there was any sense that we would look the other way regarding this type of behavior," Wilf said, "I want to make it extremely clear that this behavior will never be tolerated again. I will build a first-class franchise both on and off the field, that's known for its class, integrity and character. Period."

Copied and Pasted from the Startribune....

This owner is going to be good for us, I just have that gut feeling....

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

mnvikes61 is offline Team Alumni

Re: ZYGI, Finaly has his say on the Love Boat issue....

"VikingNed" wrote:
    Hailing a "new era" for the franchise, Vikings owner Zygi Wilf said today he has established a new set behavior standards for the franchise in response to this week's allegations of a player sex party aboard two boats on Lake Minnetonka.

Wilf said he "will levy the appropriate penalties, fines and/or suspensions as soon as the formal investigation is completed" but would not specify what that discipline would entail.

Wilf addressed the team this morning at Winter Park and "expressed my anger." He apologized to Gov. Tim Pawlenty in telephone conversation and plans to reach out to a number of other community leaders. He plans to speak with NFL Commissioner Paul Tagliabue later today and apologized to "all Minnesota Vikings fans.

"I am embarrassed," he said during a 15-minute conversation with three reporters this morning in his Winter Park office.

"My family is embarrassed. My partners are embarrassed. The NFL is embarrassed. The alumni. And anyone who respects this franchise is embarrassed. You have my promise that I will do everything in my power to ensure that unacceptable behavior does not occur ever again.

"This is a great organization, and there are so many good people that work for the Vikings who deserve to work for a class organization. This franchise is a valuable asset to the state of Minnesota as I stated many times before. And it is my responsibility that it returns to respectability and glory."

Wilf said he will hold players "accountable for their own actions" and said he would not hold coach Mike Tice or any other supervisor responsible if and when authorities press charges. Although the NFL's Collective Bargaining Agreement limits the punishment players can receive, Wilf said "we will have a higher standard than the NFL."

Wilf refused to provide details of those standards.

"If there was any sense that we would look the other way regarding this type of behavior," Wilf said, "I want to make it extremely clear that this behavior will never be tolerated again. I will build a first-class franchise both on and off the field, that's known for its class, integrity and character. Period."
    Copied and Pasted from the Startribune....

This owner is going to be good for us, I just have that gut feeling....
    that is really great to hear. looks like we have a good owner!

Thanks Josdin

Del Rio Guest

That should settle it then, if anyone speaks for the Vikings it's the guy that owns them.

So do the guarantees made by some that we will not get a new stadium now, or that the teams in Minnesota will be kicked out still stand?

I mean if Wilf is smoothing this over I would think that makes all the difference.

jackyl is offline Hall of Famer

Go Wilf

Top_Speed is offline Starter

Good owner is a backbone for sure of any major sports franchise, I think we may have one? time will really tell but I think he is a good public speaker of words that should get backed up 100%.

Good public speaker? hope I didn't jinx him as now I remember Denny G's strongest suite. Oh boy.
    Home Sweet Dome...

RK.
    RK. is online now Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion

:thumbright: :thumbleft:

WWBGD

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

I like that attitude. Red would just taken money from the players cuz hes a cheep bastard. but man...I hope there wasnt to many vike players on there that would get suspended...our team needs what we got!

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

CanadaViking is offline Pro-Bowler

Sounds really good to me, this guy is a class act and he is going to turn this around. Zygi will not let his family name get dragged through the mud, he has had too much success in life to allow the players in his organization to embarass him.

I say kudos to Zygi, it is quite re-assuring to have an owner with Zygi's passion!!

Cheers!!

Vikes 24 Bears 10

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

Zygi is the man. Red never would have done that.

My first concern is getting the stadium deal back on track, sounds like new owner might be able to pull it off.

Sidenote to RK,
    I noticed your WWBGD signature. I changed mine today not realizing that I inadvertantly plagerized you, sorry about that.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast