Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

Zygi and Brad Meet

[size=18px]Zygi and Brad[/size]
    Sunday, July 30th, 2006 by Judd Zulgad Star/Tribune
    http://www.startribune.com/blogs/vikings/
    Not only did quarterback Brad Johnson report to camp on time Sunday afternoon but he was one of the first players to arrive and pulled up well before the 5 p.m. deadline. Owner Zygi Wilf and Johnson had about a 10-minute talk in the parking lot near the quarterback’s car. So were they discussing a possible raise for Johnson? There had been rumblings the quarterback might holdout in hopes of getting an increase on the $1.2 million he is due this season.

If the subject was brought up, Johnson certainly wasn’t saying when he stopped to chat with the media before going into Gage Center.

“It’s his second year coming in as the owner of the Minnesota Vikings, so he’s excited and ready for a new year,” Johnson said when asked about the conversation. “He went through a learning curve himself, and I think you make adjustments on the run. He’s excited to be back, I’m excited to be back. Every time I see him I always talk to him in the building. I think we’ve always had a very good relationship. It’s great to see him again.”

Johnson also was asked about the potential for a holdout. “That talk really wasn’t through me,” he said. “Pretty much I really don’t want to talk about any contract really for the rest of the time. That’s kind of where I’m at.”
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Zygi and Brad Meet

THIS is the way a class act lets his contract work get done. Not through the media, but in talks between his agent and the team. Brad's job is to go out there and be the leader of this team. It is his agent's job and the team's responsibility to get him the money he deserves.

Man I hope that raise is coming soon for BJ.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

I sure am glad to see that we have a class act for a QB.. We do have alot of players that are leaders and role models.. Birk, Winfield, Johnson, and Hutch to name a few.. It sure does beat the days of idiots that get into trouble all the time..

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

I'm happy to see that he's in camp, and it's cool that he seems not to be worried about the money. He sounds like a great guy.

MensaTice is offline Star Spokesman

Brad supporters/logical Vikings fans: "Brad is a class act"

Daunte Asslickers: "He's a kissass and he sucks. Why do people keep talking about a raise?"

Note: Starting QBs should and almost all do make more money than our SuperBowl champion QB.

Glad he's in camp to lead us.

[color=red]

MensaTice is offline Star Spokesman

This thread will not be complete until PurpleRide chimes in. Now that I have an Ipod, I haven't heard a broken record for awhile but this thread seems like an appropriate place.

[color=red]

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

in your "Note" most backups make more than brad also ^_^

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

Prophet Guest

KFFL
    Vikings | B. Johnson won’t talk contract in public
    Sun, 30 Jul 2006 20:11:29 -0700

Jeff Zulgad, of the Star Tribune, reports Minnesota Vikings QB Brad Johnson reported to the team's training camp Sunday evening, July 30. Moments after stepping out of his car, Johnson was approached by owner Zygi Wilf. The two chatted for about eight minutes in the parking lot. Johnson would not discuss the topic of the conversation. He made it clear he won't be discussing the issue with the media. "Pretty much I really don't want to talk about any contract really for the rest of the time," he said. "That's kind of where I'm at."

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"MensaTice" wrote:
    Brad supporters/logical Vikings fans: "Brad is a class act"

Daunte Asslickers: "He's a kissass and he sucks. Why do people keep talking about a raise?"

Note: Starting QBs should and almost all do make more money than our SuperBowl champion QB.

Glad he's in camp to lead us.
    :scratch: Why do people automatically assume that if you like Brad you must hate Daunte or if you like Daunte, you must hate Brad?

I like them both. Daunte is gone & Brad is our QB. He has my full support.

There are damn very few players that have doned a Vikings uniform that I don't/didn't care for. I could count them all on 1 hand.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Published July 31, 2006 12:37 am

Brad Johnson was among the first 10 players to arrive at training camp, and while he unloaded his sport-utility vehicle in the Gage Hall parking lot, owner Zygi Wilf walked out and had a 10-minute conversation with his starting quarterback.

[size=18px]All business[/size]
    Johnson talking camp, not cash

By Chad Courrier
    The Free Press

MANKATO —
    Brad Johnson was among the first 10 players to arrive at training camp, and while he unloaded his sport-utility vehicle in the Gage Hall parking lot, owner Zygi Wilf walked out and had a 10-minute conversation with his starting quarterback.

The speculation leading up to camp center on Johnson’s $1.2 million contract, grossly low for an NFL starting quarterback, and would he report to camp on time? Apparently, that wasn’t part of the discussion with Wilf.

“I don’t want to talk contract the rest of the time,” said Johnson, who didn’t consider a holdout.

As he enters his 15th season in the NFL, he’s gotten used to starting training camp as the starter, though not necessarily with the Vikings.

“I’m excited about (training camp),” he said. “This is my ninth year at Gage Hall. There have been some great players and great coaches walking those halls. Hopefully, we’ll do something great this year, too.”

Johnson was with the Vikings four years before he started a game, then has spent time with Washington and Tampa Bay, where he won a Super Bowl, before returning to Minnesota last season, reluctantly as a backup.

“This was the most comfortable fit,” he said. “I helped Daunte (Culpepper) and took a reserve role, and when my chance came, I was ready for it.”

Johnson started the final nine games after Culpepper was injured, leading the team to a 7-2 record and missing the playoffs by just one game. Johnson said it was his best offseason, spending lots of time with his family, playing games and swimming in the pool.

Now Johnson, 38, is back at training camp as the no-doubt-about-it starter.

“You still have to do the work,” he said. “You earn everything you get in this league.”

As for Wilf, Johnson said the parking-lot conversation centered on the upcoming season, not any new contracts.

“He’s excited for the new season,” Johnson said. “I’m excited to be here, he’s excited to be here.”

All business

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast