Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Zoning Out

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

Re: Zoning Out

"PackSux!" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    Childress' "cute" little schemes are what's going to get him fired... I say keep it up, Chilly!!!

I can hear the responses now, "But that's Fraiser's job"...

Well, Childress ovbiously had some hand in it if he answered questions about it in the press conference and even said they decided to run the play because of the "element of surprise."

Well, that "element" got the Bears a TD, genius.

A single play in the game that Seifert decided to disect because he doesn't understand a defense very well.
    It is a common scheme and works sometimes and does not.

You should seriously stick to the hatred of Childress on some of the items that actually are somewhat believable.
    There are COUNTLESS times Childress has
    done this, and simply alluding to the latest example doesn't diffuse the argument at all.

Over the past couple weeks alone there have been questions about the two point conversion, the punt with two minutes left, punting the ball the Reggie Bush, the T-Jack debacle..

The list goes on and on.
    Perhaps you should try to become the next Vikings coach since you seem to have all the answers to why Chilly is failing.
    Ah yes, the ever-so-clever, "If you're so smart, why don't you do it"...

Yes, very good point... well thought-out.

So, all movie critics should go into film making?

All music critics should join a band?

All art critics should become painters?

Listen, last I checked I live in a free country where I can say whatever I want, whenever I want. I don't think Childress is a very good coach, and I think that sentiment has been echoed by not only myself, but many professional sports writers as well (including Kevin Siefert questioning many of Childress' moves, and even PFT.com saying Childress should actually be fired).

Listen, if mediocrity is good for you... then run with it. Hell, I might be the perfect coach if you want a mediocre team.

I for one, think the coach should at least know the basics of the game, should be able to understand that when there are two minutes on the clock and you have no timeouts... the other team can run-out the clock (something he seemed to "Forget" durring the Titans game).

Is it too much to ask for an NFL level coach? Maybe with SOME experience as HC?

Childress has no experience at HC, and it shows. He's never even been a High School HC.

Having the ability to use your cognitive process to realize others' shortcomings doesn't mean I should jump in and take their Job... it just means that I can observe and use my analytical process. Crazy, right?
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

im great at this durring my 7th period class

all i do is take out my harry potter book and read ha

PackSux! is offline Hall of Famer

"C" wrote:
    "PackSux!" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    Childress' "cute" little schemes are what's going to get him fired... I say keep it up, Chilly!!!

I can hear the responses now, "But that's Fraiser's job"...

Well, Childress ovbiously had some hand in it if he answered questions about it in the press conference and even said they decided to run the play because of the "element of surprise."

Well, that "element" got the Bears a TD, genius.

A single play in the game that Seifert decided to disect because he doesn't understand a defense very well.
    It is a common scheme and works sometimes and does not.

You should seriously stick to the hatred of Childress on some of the items that actually are somewhat believable.
    There are COUNTLESS times Childress has
    done this, and simply alluding to the latest example doesn't diffuse the argument at all.

Over the past couple weeks alone there have been questions about the two point conversion, the punt with two minutes left, punting the ball the Reggie Bush, the T-Jack debacle..

The list goes on and on.
    Perhaps you should try to become the next Vikings coach since you seem to have all the answers to why Chilly is failing.

Listen, last I checked I live in a free country where I can say whatever I want, whenever I want. I don't think Childress is a very good coach, and I think that sentiment has been echoed by not only myself, but many professional sports writers as well (including Kevin Siefert questioning many of Childress' moves, and even PFT.com saying Childress should actually be fired).

Listen, if mediocrity is good for you... then run with it. Hell, I might be the perfect coach if you want a mediocre team.

I for one, think the coach should at least know the basics of the game, should be able to understand that when there are two minutes on the clock and you have no timeouts... the other team can run-out the clock (something he seemed to "Forget" durring the Titans game).

Childress has no experience at HC, and it shows. He's never even been a High School HC.

Having the ability to use your cognitive process to realize others' shortcomings doesn't mean I should jump in and take their Job... it just means that I can observe and use my analytical process. Crazy, right?
    Every loss has been close.
    I have a hard time blaming the coach when the players are making simple mistakes and ultimately costing us the victories.
    How many times can you yell at a guy not to jump offsides, faulse start, hold, or fumble.
    Yes it would be nice to bench the players that keep repeating the same stupid penalties over but he just so happens to be the best on the team at that position.

I am not a fan of Chilly so dont get me wrong here.
    But i cannot put sole blame on a coach when the players are the ones we should be talking about.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    The zone blitz concept isn't anything that is really new here my friends.
    Alot of teams do it.
    Is it a gamble?
    Sure, but sometimes it works to perfection.

In fact, didn't we see a DL (for the Browns I think) get a INT dropping back into coverage just 2 weeks ago or something?
    This is the first time I saw it this year by us and I don't like it. It is a gamble more times than not. A DE in coverage is worse than our terrible coverage by our linebackers. We really need to fire the whole staff and bring press coverage to this team. Cedric and Winfiled are built for it. Lokk how Green Bay shut down the Colts with an injured backfield.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"C" wrote:

I don't want to speak for anyone else on the site, however, if you were this eloquent with respect to the Chiller and his firing, instead of the standard "Chiller Sucks"
    "Fire Childress" stuff you shell out, maybe more would come to your way of thinking my friend.

Again, not me as you know I love to banter with you, however, it appears that even if you are right on this regard, people are just getting a bit tired of the same old stuff.

How about giving us something from your observations other than the same old crap that is coming out of the local sports hacks and what is being said on ESPN.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12