Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    phaninphx is offline Training Camp
    I'm glad we have more of a disciplinarian as a coach. We were not ready to play last year. I remember watching the Buffalo and SF preseason games and thinking it was going to be a long season.

Two things the Vikes have been lacking: a long term QB and a long term HC. I hope this season turns the tide.

purpleblood32 is offline Starter
    Blog Entries
    player emulate their head coach ...they take on their attitude ...mike ditka team did ...and when he was asked how he gets these tough guys on defence he put it simply ....you draft them....

zimmer is a coach that get respect because he earns it ...the players like that ...

Traveling_Vike is offline Coordinator
    It's not the physicality that concerns me. What I'm interested in is discipline, which I've been yelling about for the past two years and more. Zimmer seems like the kind of guy who can instill that in our players. No more stupid penalties, no more blown assignments... know your job and stick to it.

I hope it happens, but just like anything else we will have to wait and see.

My Meeple is purple. What color is yours?

johnkdbr is offline Training Camp
    I love the fact that they are all being coached up no matter who they are. Our offense will be night & day difference under Norv Turner. All our weapons will be used, from AP to Jennings, Patterson to Rudolph to Wright, & McCinnon will be a good change of pace & could be a big play waiting to happen. I also believe our defense will improve at least 50 percent from last year & I can't wait to see Xavier Rhodes under Zimmer. Predictions: AP will have close to 2000 rushing yards & 500 recieving yards, Jennings will have over 1,000 yeards recieving with Patterson close behind & Rudolph will be Graham like. Finally....wait for it.....Cassel will make the Pro Bowl.

vikesrgreat2 is offline Starter
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by johnkdbr View Post
    I love the fact that they are all being coached up no matter who they are. Our offense will be night & day difference under Norv Turner. All our weapons will be used, from AP to Jennings, Patterson to Rudolph to Wright, & McCinnon will be a good change of pace & could be a big play waiting to happen. I also believe our defense will improve at least 50 percent from last year & I can't wait to see Xavier Rhodes under Zimmer. Predictions: AP will have close to 2000 rushing yards & 500 recieving yards, Jennings will have over 1,000 yeards recieving with Patterson close behind & Rudolph will be Graham like. Finally....wait for it.....Cassel will make the Pro Bowl.
    I love your optimism! I would love to see all of your predictions come true! The critical thing, in my opinion, is how much the defense improves this year. If the defense improves toward the middle of the pack, and if your predictions come true, the Vikings could end up a playoff team.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12