Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    VikingsFan1234 is offline Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger View Post
    You are thinking of Gunther Cunningham, iirc.
    Ahh thanks, I got them messed up since they both have the same first and last name

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired
    Who in the hell is Paul Gunther? On a side note, I am all for Linehan coming back here as OC. At the very least it won't make our offense stale bread boring.

2beersTommy is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by VikesfaninWis View Post
    Who in the hell is Paul Gunther? On a side note, I am all for Linehan coming back here as OC. At the very least it won't make our offense stale bread boring.
    Cincy LB coach?

Cincinnati Bengals: Paul Guenther

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by smegmavike View Post
    Just what every Vikings fan wants, another mediocre QB !
    There are 4 teams left in the playoffs. Their respective QB's were selected first overall, second round, third round, and sixth round. That alone would indicate that good QB's can be found if you don't have the first overall pick. The odds are long against finding that franchise guy the further down the draft you go, but there will end up being franchise QB's in this years draft class. Lets hope the new HC and OC have some say in picking that QB, and Spielman is aggressive in getting him.
    Two of those QB's are at the bottom of the league in contract size allowing them to be surrounded by first tier talent across the roster.

This year's 4 finalists show two completely different approaches to building a championship ball club. One is to center around a HOF calibre QB and fill in with whatever you can muster and the other is to use rookie contract QB's and surround them with top of the league defenses and strong running games. NE is an imposter IMO. The other 3 are legit.

313zoe is offline Starter
    Blog Entries

Zimmer must be signed tomorrow

Tha vikings need to sign Zimmer instead they want to wait and interview tha Broncos OC and DC like they did something Manning is his own OC and Denver defense ain't shit, Zimmer will shape this defense up and we need it bad

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by 2beersTommy View Post
    Never heard of him. If Zimmer thinks he is qualified to be the DC, that is good enough for me.

VikingsFan1234 is offline Starter
    I am guessing that Speilman and Zimmer are fighting about full control, this is provably why it is taking so long

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by VikingsFan1234 View Post
    I am guessing that Speilman and Zimmer are fighting about full control, this is provably why it is taking so long
    if that turns out to be the case, then good for Spielman. why should he give someone in his first head coaching job full control? I think Zimmer will be good, but does he realize 4 other teams have already passed him up? if he proves to be a great coach, then he can leverage for more control. Speilman has shown in his first two drafts he knows what he is doing.
    It didn't work out too well giving Chilly to much power
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

smegmavike is offline Coordinator
    Quote Originally Posted by marshallvike View Post
    if that turns out to be the case, then good for Spielman. why should he give someone in his first head coaching job full control? I think Zimmer will be good, but does he realize 4 other teams have already passed him up? if he proves to be a great coach, then he can leverage for more control. Speilman has shown in his first two drafts he knows what he is doing.
    It didn't work out too well giving Chilly to much power
    I'm not sold on Spielman, yet, but he does know football, and I'm a strong believer in a GM centric system.
    Let the coaches coach and give the GM control over who those coaches will be in addition to who the players will be.
    The owners need to trust their GM choice and resist meddling. The GM needs to trust his coaching choices and resist meddling.
    I think Zimmer is their man, and it is likely the delay is due to them working out contract issues rather than haggling over the power structure.
    I agree with you. Zimmer just needs to be a coach.
    Just found out he is the Vikings new head coach, woot woot !
    Last edited by smegmavike; 01-15-2014 at 10:42 AM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123