Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    VikingsFan1234 is offline Starter

Zimmer must be signed tomorrow

Or he will leave Minnesota to become the Lions head coach

Just a gut feeling

2beersTommy is offline Team Alumni
    jesus H, don't say that

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired
    I don't think he has even been linked to Detroit. I might be wrong on that, but every indication is that the Lions are zeroing in on Jim Caldwell which is fine by me. I would rather face a Caldwell led team twice a year that a Whisenhunt led team.

If Zimmer leaves without being signed, I believe Minnesota is looking at someone else instead.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Lions are zeroing in on Wisenhunt.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

2beersTommy is offline Team Alumni
    Last edited by 2beersTommy; 01-14-2014 at 07:23 AM.

purpledoom is offline Starter
    I caught a few minutes of the sports talk show with McCunky on Fox sports last night. Matt Leinhart was on there and they asked him about the Whisenhunt hire. He kinda knifed Whisenhunt I thought.

tarkenton10 is offline Star Spokesman
    Quote Originally Posted by VikesfaninWis View Post
    I don't think he has even been linked to Detroit. I might be wrong on that, but every indication is that the Lions are zeroing in on Jim Caldwell which is fine by me. I would rather face a Caldwell led team twice a year that a Whisenhunt led team.

If Zimmer leaves without being signed, I believe Minnesota is looking at someone else instead.
    If Zimmer is signed by Detroit I would be happy to see Whisenhunt as our head coach. I think he did a great job with the Cardinals and he is an offensive guru, something we desperately need. Maybe we could develop a QB if we draft one, instead of watching him die on the vine.

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 2beersTommy View Post
    Crap, I was hoping he would be the dark horse in our pursuit of a head coach. I actually liked that choice better than Zimmer.

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

VikingsFan1234 is offline Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by tarkenton10 View Post
    If Zimmer is signed by Detroit I would be happy to see Whisenhunt as our head coach. I think he did a great job with the Cardinals and he is an offensive guru, something we desperately need. Maybe we could develop a QB if we draft one, instead of watching him die on the vine.
    Ken's record:

2007-8-8
    2008-9-7
    2009-10-6
    2010-5-11
    2011-8-8
    2012-5-11

I do not, I am not really impressed with his record, sure, he got the Cardinals to the Superbowl but that was all Kurt Warner, do you think the Cardinals would have made the Superbowl if Matt Leinhart was starting? I doubt it
    Last edited by VikingsFan1234; 01-14-2014 at 09:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by VikingsFan1234 View Post
    Ken's record:

2007-8-8
    2008-9-7
    2009-10-6
    2010-5-11
    2011-8-8
    2012-5-11

I do not, I am not really impressed with his record, sure, he got the Cardinals to the Superbowl but that was all Kurt Warner, do you think the Cardinals would have made the Superbowl if Matt Leinhart was starting? I doubt it
    Do you really think the Packers would have made it to the super bowl without Rodgers? The Saints without Brees? The Colts without Manning? That analogy isn't really a good one, any time a team goes to the Super bowl there is a good chance it is because of the QB play. Look at the two opponents last year, do you think the Ravens would have made it without Flacco, he was outstanding in the playoffs, what about the Niners and Kaepernick? This is a QB driven league now and you need a franchise QB to win a super bowl or at least play like one in the playoffs (Flacco) IMO!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast