thorshammer is offline Asst. Coach

Zimmer Likes Floyd

I like the sound of this. If Floyd steps up this could be a very good defense.
    Sharrif Floyd looks like a good fit in Mike Zimmer's Minnesota Vikings defensive scheme | FOX Sports on MSN

tarkenton10 is offline Star Spokesman
    Quote Originally Posted by thorshammer View Post
    I like the sound of this. If Floyd steps up this could be a very good defense.
    Sharrif Floyd looks like a good fit in Mike Zimmer's Minnesota Vikings defensive scheme | FOX Sports on MSN
    As I have said in other threads the Joseph signing was a great signing because it improved two pos. Joseph is a presence that requires a double team, a must for a 0 tech that we haven't had since Phat Pat. With Joseph taking the double team Floyd should look like a first round pick, he should not be doubled teamed and that was his problem last year. Now we will see if Floyd was worth that pick this year. If he struggles again with only one blocker on him then he will have been a wasted pick IMO. I think we will have a very disruptive D-line this year, very strong big guys with high motors (my prediction for our D-line is - Robison LDE, Floyd DT 3T, Joseph DT 0T, Griffin RDE) I like our third down D-line too, if it were me it would be - Robison LDE, Crichton DT, Griffin DT, Barr RDE. That would be a scary good line for pressure on a QB.

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

313zoe is offline Starter
    Blog Entries

Zimmer Likes Floyd

I think floyd will have an impact on tha d line this year and tha vikings will surprise a lot of ppl this year and they could have a top ten defense, they have good pieces on defense betta than last year

tarkenton10 is offline Star Spokesman
    Quote Originally Posted by 313zoe View Post
    I think floyd will have an impact on tha d line this year and tha vikings will surprise a lot of ppl this year and they could have a top ten defense, they have good pieces on defense betta than last year
    Our corners alone are light years ahead of where they were last year. We have Rhodes on the one side, I think everyone can agree that he is very talented and played well last year. Robinson is replaced by the captain, my six years old son would be better than Cook at the other corner pos., so we are better at the other corner also. I would like to see Cox in preseason, he was a very good corner two years ago. I don't know what transpired in SD but if he can play like he did two years ago we have a very good corner. I think Robinson will be much better now that he is back at his natural position. I also like the two corners we got in the draft. And I haven't even talked about Exum who I think will win the starting safety spot by the beginning of the season.

That is just the back end I think the D-line has improved also. And the line backing pos. has improved just by the drafting of Barr. I just don't have enough time to get into the D-line and linebackers right now.

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!