thorshammer is offline Asst. Coach

Zimmer Having Positive Impact

purpleblood32 is offline Starter
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by thorshammer View Post
    its a good feeling being a viking fan ..new blood breaths new life ...reading that the players are buying into zims game is great .having the players believing in themselves .

i love the new "O" and" D" CANT WAIT TO SEE WHO WE DRAFT .

Rage4Order is offline Rookie
    I cant remember the last time I have been this excited about upcoming season. After Childress's KAO, and Musgraves huge playlist. Very much excited about what Norv brings to this offense. I smell a worst to first scenario. If Zim improves our D to middle of pack in first season, we will have 9-10 wins. We very well could have had 9-10 wins last year if not for the D.
    Last edited by Rage4Order; 05-03-2014 at 05:31 AM.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by Rage4Order View Post
    I cant remember the last time I have been this excited about upcoming season.
    For many fans it was when Frazier took over after Childress was fired or when Childress took over after Tice was fired.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Blog Entries
    i was never happy with chilly ..farve made things exciting ...frazier ...no excitement at all ....is frazier still in the nfl ...i wouldnt be surprise if he is coaching high school

Blog Entries
    frazier is with the buc ..it will be hard to mess that up but im sure he will find away

mountainviking is offline Team Alumni
    I don't remember being very stoked about the Chiller hire as we knew he was a guy who had never called the plays...

Frazier I was happy to give a chance to because the players seemed to rally around him after Chilly got fired. They continued to play hard for him last year, even when it was obvious he was a lame duck coach and we had so many injuries we could barely compete, they never gave up and we won some games down the stretch...for better or worse. At least the team played hard for him.

But I am stoked with our HC and OC hires for sure!! There is a ton of experience and success on both sides of the ball.
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

drewlovs is offline Asst. Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by purpleblood32 View Post
    frazier is with the buc ..it will be hard to mess that up but im sure he will find away
    I think Frazier will do well with the Buccs, just like Turner will do well for us. Some people are DAMN good coordinators, but they suffer as the number one guy. Turner was a disaster in San Diego (my opinion), and Frazier was the same for us... but he was (and still in in my opinion) a good defensive coordinator.

For the record, I have not been positive about our coaching staff since Dennis Green left, and I was happy to see HIM go. He was a darn good coach, but when he made a mistake, it was one that had horrible consequences.

THIS TIME I am jacked about the Zimmer/Turner/Spielman trio; but if there is dissension in the trio, and our draft then yields crap, we should kick Spielman's ass out the door. I am prepared to drink the kool aid for the next THREE years on Zimmer, but Spielman needs to show us all last year's draft was all him and not just luck.

For the record, if Turner and Zimmer don't see eye to eye, I am also willing to let Turner go and keep Zimmer. The high opinion other coaches have of Zimmer has made me a true believer!!
    Last edited by drewlovs; 05-04-2014 at 10:37 PM.
    Men are moved by two levers only: fear and self interest.

~Napoleon Bonaparte on Politics

tarkenton10 is offline Star Spokesman
    Quote Originally Posted by purpleblood32 View Post
    i was never happy with chilly ..farve made things exciting ...frazier ...no excitement at all ....is frazier still in the nfl ...i wouldnt be surprise if he is coaching high school
    I believe he is in Tampa with Lovie!!

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

drewlovs is offline Asst. Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by tarkenton10 View Post
    I believe he is in Tampa with Lovie!!
    LOL.

Why... I DO believe you are right!!

What are you, some NFL sleuth??
    Men are moved by two levers only: fear and self interest.

~Napoleon Bonaparte on Politics