Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    grpape is offline Asst. Coach

Re: This was Zigy's plan all along.

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    First of all there are "Negative Nancys" on any board. People who feel they would make a better coach than anyone else and that they understand football better than anyone else.
    On the other hand there are a majority of posters here who are disappointed, but they have lived through tough times before and will still be Viking fans ALWAYS!
    I like to count myself among the latter group.
    If you think this site is bad you should go over to the KFAN Vikings site and see a whole page of negative threads.
    We have a core of excellent posters on here who who tend to get things back on track about Tuesday after we all lose our tempers on Sunday.
    First off, I do agree with the "negative nancys" being on any board. I have been on "Rube Chat", and my god what a waste of time. I'm not pointing fingers or calling anyone out. I do enjoy reading the intellegent posts, there are many, but are out weighed by the "lets fire Chilly" "Screw baldy" (without any thoughts to back it up). I just wanted to put some kind of spin (not an original thought, never once said I owned it). I just felt bad for the loyal Minn. fan base. I live in Hawaii, so I never get to see many games.

Maddro, I truly believe that this organization is going in the right direction. I'm not one of the "I need it now" bunch, and am more than happy going trough the frustrations of building a team. I think that Chilly will have another season or two before he is really going to be held accountable. I for one will give him this, as long as there is building each year (no matter what position). I don't see things through "purple glasses", nor do I look for chit to throw at the fan.

I guess I just got fed up with all the negative talk and wanted to say my piece through a different angle. I hear it from my best friend every week (we've been Vikes fans since I can remember). However, I am finding it much harder to swallow all the negativity each season. I don't care if I never see a Super Bowl win by this team in my lifetime. I just love to watch this team play, good or bad! (I guess I should point out that this is a double negative, before anyone starts to bash me on my grammar).

Sorry if my post offended anyone. It was supposed to be a "suttle" but yet sarcastic angle on a topic that is beaten to death (our team sucks, lets all put on the Nikes and drink away). For all those that find their head by Wed. and start to take apart the game "objectivly" my respect goes out to you. SKOL Vikes!

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Re: the truth

"SLAG" wrote:
    we have been a crap team for almost 10 years now. it never gets better just gets harder to watch the game
    Wrong.

We have not been a crap team for almost 10 years.

crazyB is offline Starter

i still think it's early day's for the vikings both Zigy and Childress have not been here long, give them some time to show what they can do for the team.
    the last time we tryied to improve and move up the nfl top teams list we had some great players that are no longer here, the loss of Cullpepper and Moss is still troubling us a little. the vikings have just started to find better players like AP TJack even CTaylor was not seen as a top guy till a season or two ago.
    give it time we are moving in the wright direction just a little bit slow at the mo.
    8)

8) crazyB that s Mr crazyB to you 8)

Only 6 and counting.

Vikestand is offline Coordinator

I am tired of "living through tough times" :-[

By Pack93z

"Success is the ability to go from one failure to the other with no loss of enthusiasm"-Sir Winston Churchill

Maizen is offline Training Camp

Can't we here at PPO just create a fictitious character...let's call him Vinny from Vegas, so we can just blame him for everything that goes wrong with the team instead of these silly conspiracy theories and finger pointing posts.
    FA was crap this year, the FA's that signed pretty much ripped off the teams they signed with because of the increase. How does spending all you cap on crappy players in positions you already have make us better, or better yet, make our future brighter?
    There is no reason why we are losing besides the people that are on the field playing and calling the plays.
    Here in Denver they have won one playoff game since they built the new stadium and they are at the cap every year so what was that point about stadiums and being under the cap supposed to mean?...nothing
    It's all about the talent clicking and belief in the coaching staff's successful gameplan that wins, not owners.
    As for moving the team, not gonna happen unless the people of MN keep voting down funding for a stadium that will generate millions for their state/city again and again.

()__))_C_R_A_Y_O_L_A__))>
    HTML for Yoopers!

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

"crazyB" wrote:
    i still think it's early day's for the vikings both Zigy and Childress have not been here long, give them some time to show what they can do for the team.
    the last time we tryied to improve and move up the nfl top teams list we had some great players that are no longer here, the loss of Cullpepper and Moss is still troubling us a little. the vikings have just started to find better players like AP TJack even CTaylor was not seen as a top guy till a season or two ago.
    give it time we are moving in the wright direction just a little bit slow at the mo.
    No, we're moving backwards.

If an "Offensive Guru" can't make the Offense score.....well.....what CAN he do?

We've seen it.

And as the Vikings continue to spiral downwards (taking up the basement apartment that used to be the Packers dwelling place), how much excitement will there be for building a new stadium?

Was this Ziggy's "plan"?
    I doubt it.
    But he SERIOUSLY needs to stay the hades away from making football decisions and HIRE A FRIGGIN GM (Who will then fire Childress and Bevell and hire a competant HC and a real OC).

Caine

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"grpape" wrote:
    "COJOMAY" wrote:
    First of all there are "Negative Nancys" on any board. People who feel they would make a better coach than anyone else and that they understand football better than anyone else.
    On the other hand there are a majority of posters here who are disappointed, but they have lived through tough times before and will still be Viking fans ALWAYS!
    I like to count myself among the latter group.
    If you think this site is bad you should go over to the KFAN Vikings site and see a whole page of negative threads.
    We have a core of excellent posters on here who who tend to get things back on track about Tuesday after we all lose our tempers on Sunday.
    First off, I do agree with the "negative nancys" being on any board. I have been on "Rube Chat", and my god what a waste of time. I'm not pointing fingers or calling anyone out. I do enjoy reading the intellegent posts, there are many, but are out weighed by the "lets fire Chilly" "Screw baldy" (without any thoughts to back it up). I just wanted to put some kind of spin (not an original thought, never once said I owned it). I just felt bad for the loyal Minn. fan base. I live in Hawaii, so I never get to see many games.

Maddro, I truly believe that this organization is going in the right direction. I'm not one of the "I need it now" bunch, and am more than happy going trough the frustrations of building a team. I think that Chilly will have another season or two before he is really going to be held accountable. I for one will give him this, as long as there is building each year (no matter what position). I don't see things through "purple glasses", nor do I look for chit to throw at the fan.

I guess I just got fed up with all the negative talk and wanted to say my piece through a different angle. I hear it from my best friend every week (we've been Vikes fans since I can remember). However, I am finding it much harder to swallow all the negativity each season. I don't care if I never see a Super Bowl win by this team in my lifetime. I just love to watch this team play, good or bad! (I guess I should point out that this is a double negative, before anyone starts to bash me on my grammar).

Sorry if my post offended anyone. It was supposed to be a "suttle" but yet sarcastic angle on a topic that is beaten to death (our team sucks, lets all put on the Nikes and drink away). For all those that find their head by Wed. and start to take apart the game "objectivly" my respect goes out to you. SKOL Vikes!
    Nice post my friend.

You didn't offend.
    Like you, there are several on this page that have a different opinion than I, however, I always take the time to read thier stuff as they make thier point with valid and rationale thought.

As long as you do it that way I will read it and consider the possibility that my viewpoint is wrong. In the end, most of still want the same thing and that is for our team to be a winner.

SKOL my friend.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"Caine" wrote:
    "crazyB" wrote:

If an "Offensive Guru" can't make the Offense score.....well.....what CAN he do?

We've seen it.

And as the Vikings continue to spiral downwards (taking up the basement apartment that used to be the Packers dwelling place), how much excitement will there be for building a new stadium?

Was this Ziggy's "plan"?
    I doubt it.
    But he SERIOUSLY needs to stay the hades away from making football decisions and HIRE A FRIGGIN GM (Who will then fire Childress and Bevell and hire a competant HC and a real OC).

Caine
    I will agree with you on that my friend.
    I still wonder why the whole Triangle of authority made sense to the owner.
    :
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "Caine" wrote:
    "crazyB" wrote:

We've seen it.

Was this Ziggy's "plan"?
    I doubt it.

Caine
    I will agree with you on that my friend.
    I still wonder why the whole Triangle of authority made sense to the owner.
    :
    Sorry, but how is the "Triangle Of Authority" or the "Pentagon Of Power" different from the organization of any professional sports team, let alone the NFL?

You have owner, GM & Coach.
    The PoP adds Director of Player Personnel and the Cap Czar.
    Still - no different.

I challenge you to find ONE SINGLE ARTICLE that speaks of Zygi making decisions related to the player personnel or the day-to-day football activities.
    You won't - because he DOESN'T meddle, unlike what people are implying in this thread.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast