Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    grpape is offline Asst. Coach

This was Zigy's plan all along.

The more I think about it, my theory (yes just an opinion), may make some sense. Zygi is a very smart business man, who is looking to capitalize on his investment. I think he hired Chilly as a pawn for this scheme.

The team does well, Zygi gets his new stadium (which has huge development plans that go along with it), and he makes bank. If the team stinks for two or three years, he has the opportunity to pack the team up and take it to a city that will give him what he wants (which will make him bank). It's already starting, the fan base is turning on the team, there are blackouts, the ticket sales are lagging, there is no revenue being generated.

This is what I always thought since the buying of the team and hiring of Chilly. Who knows, maybe it will all turn around and work out for the fans. All I know is....... either way, Zygi is gonna make some serious coin.

Flame away.

marcosMN is offline Star Spokesman

Re: This was Zigy's plan all along.

Which game was blacked out...?
    :
    -Sno

C Mac D is online now Posting to P'own

So... you're point is, whether we win or lose, the owner of an NFL team is going to make money? That's a pretty bold theory.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

The only thing wrong with your theory is that Zygi has spent some SERIOUS coin on this team's facilities and for some players which I doubt he would have if he didn't care if he won or lost.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

grpape is offline Asst. Coach

Sorry I should have put there were many threats of a black out happening.

My point is the fans are getting screwed. Just read the posts. There is so much bitching and moaning going on about this team. It's just so negative most of the time. JMHO.

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

First of all there are "Negative Nancys" on any board. People who feel they would make a better coach than anyone else and that they understand football better than anyone else.
    On the other hand there are a majority of posters here who are disappointed, but they have lived through tough times before and will still be Viking fans ALWAYS!
    I like to count myself among the latter group.
    If you think this site is bad you should go over to the KFAN Vikings site and see a whole page of negative threads.
    We have a core of excellent posters on here who who tend to get things back on track about Tuesday after we all lose our tempers on Sunday.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

Hawgski is offline Pro-Bowler

"grpape" wrote:
    The more I think about it, my theory (yes just an opinion), may make some sense. Zygi is a very smart business man, who is looking to capitalize on his investment. I think he hired Chilly as a pawn for this scheme.

The team does well, Zygi gets his new stadium (which has huge development plans that go along with it), and he makes bank. If the team stinks for two or three years, he has the opportunity to pack the team up and take it to a city that will give him what he wants (which will make him bank). It's already starting, the fan base is turning on the team, there are blackouts, the ticket sales are lagging, there is no revenue being generated.

This is what I always thought since the buying of the team and hiring of Chilly. Who knows, maybe it will all turn around and work out for the fans. All I know is....... either way, Zygi is gonna make some serious coin.

Flame away.
    Did you think this up all on your own, or are you borrowing the conspiracy theory which has been floating around since FA started?
    :

sig courtesy of PPE

vikingivan is offline Star Spokesman

"C" wrote:
    So... you're point is, whether we win or lose, the owner of an NFL team is going to make money? That's a pretty bold theory.
    really going out on a limb there.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"grpape" wrote:

My point is the fans are getting screwed. Just read the posts. There is so much bitching and moaning going on about this team. It's just so negative most of the time. JMHO.
    That's because people bitch.
    Do you read the websites of any other teams?
    They bitch everywhere.
    Hell, they're bitching on the Patriots websites right now - although that's mostly a product of the New England inferiority complex.

Zygi is a football fan - an NFL football fan.
    Has been for 50 years.
    He's not Red frigging McCombs, Used-Car-God.
    He understands the connection between a team and their fans.
    I haven't seen him do one damn thing that has been aimed at alienating the fans.
    As a matter-of-fact, I have PERSONALLY seen him do several things (not the least of which was singing "SKOL VIKINGS" with ME and about 30 other PPOers 3 weeks ago at the Atlanta game) that an owner who wants to fuck the fans would do.

I'm sick of this "woe is me!" bullshit.

I'm going to sing "SKOL VIKINGS!" with Zygi again this morning, I'm pretty darn sure we'll see him.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Mr-holland is offline Team Alumni

"Zeus" wrote:
    "grpape" wrote:

That's because people beeyatch.
    Do you read the websites of any other teams?
    They beeyatch everywhere.
    Hell, they're bitching on the Patriots websites right now - although that's mostly a product of the New England inferiority complex.

Zygi is a football fan - an NFL football fan.
    Has been for 50 years.
    He's not Red frigging McCombs, Used-Car-God.
    He understands the connection between a team and their fans.
    I haven't seen him do one gol 'darnit thing that has been aimed at alienating the fans.
    As a matter-of-fact, I have PERSONALLY seen him do several things (not the least of which was singing "SKOL VIKINGS" with ME and about 30 other PPOers 3 weeks ago at the Atlanta game) that an owner who wants to floop the fans would do.

I'm sick of this "woe is me!" kaka del rio.

I'm going to sing "SKOL VIKINGS!" with Zygi again this morning, I'm pretty darn sure we'll see him.

=Z=
    Thanks Zeus i totally agree, Zygi also wants the vikings to be succesfull and let them win, but there are people who want everything right on the spot...
    Rosie O'Donnell is a dude!

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast