Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Jordan is offline Pro-Bowler

YYYEEESSS!!! Vikings meet with Ernie Sims

http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl

Vikings | Team meets with Sims
    Sun, 26 Feb 2006 15:55:13 -0800

During his NFL Combine interview, Florida State LB Ernie Sims said he met with the Minnesota Vikings at the Combine.

I've really fallen in love with this guy's style of play at the LB position he's gonna be a stud hopefully with us

"SSSMMMOOTTT" & "Toine" will be the best CB combo in the NFL next year TRUST ME!!!

PurpleManiac is offline Pro-Bowler

Re: YYYEEESSS!!! Vikings meet with Ernie Sims

WAAAHHH-HOOOOO!! Ernie Sims is a beast! I saw them do a special on Sims and the guy is straight out dedicated. He's a hard worker and will be a monster. He's somewhat undersize so maybe he could add a few pounds. I PRAY if he drops to us in the 2nd round we will take him.

Thanks for the Sig LitlHarsh

aceclown is offline Coach

they are just tallking which doesnt really mean that much. in related LB news, Claiborne will be a free agent again.

KFFL.com
    Rams | Claiborne expected to be released
    Sun, 26 Feb 2006 15:55:46 -0800

The St. Louis Rams are expected to release LB Chris Claiborne sometime this week as they begin what's expected to be a massive retooling process on defense.

Chuch.

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

dont want that bum claiborne back...

but sims in the second round sounds grand. i think there are alot of really good LB that could fall to our pick in the 2nd round. and i say we take them
    We're bringing purple back.

PurpleManiac is offline Pro-Bowler

I wouldn't mind clairborne back if he agrees to come cheap.

Thanks for the Sig LitlHarsh

aceclown is offline Coach

"PurpleManiac" wrote:
    I wouldn't mind clairborne back if he agrees to come cheap.
    he's probably gonna be dirt cheap. he hasnt really been 100% in 3 years, hard to know if he will ever play like did for the lions again.

Chuch.

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

This makes me happy for a couple of reasons. First, Sims is one hell of a LB. Second, if this is serious and the Vikes were to go after him with the #17 pick, then that means that the Vikings are gonna go after a RB in Fa. Which means they may be going after Edgerrin James... Which makes me very happy..................

adamv is offline Rookie

His stock has fallen cause he continues to play like he did for the lions.
    Clutter reducing sig here...
    Many Viking fans wouldn t know a good thing if it mooned the Pack.

Muggsy is offline Asst. Coach

Dey got Sims ranked as da numba 5 OLB in da draft:
    =================================================
    Ernie Sims
    OLB | (6'0", 228) | FLORIDA STATE

Scouts Grade: 92

Strengths: Is a speedy and athletic WLB prospect. Plays with great tenacity and aggressiveness. High motor LB with a mean-streak. Shows very good natural instincts and a nose for the ball. Is a sideline-to-sideline run defender. Shows good initial quickness and closing burst in pursuit. Is a powerful tackler, especially for his size. Will make the big hit and jar the ball loose from the RB or WR. He does a very good job of slipping blocks and sifting through traffic. He has the upper body strength to keep some blockers off his body even when reached. He is fluid in coverage. Shows good instincts in zone coverage, as well as the speed and athletic ability to turn and run with most RB's and TE's one-on-one. Also possesses outstanding ball skills in coverage. Should contribute as a nickel linebacker on passing downs even if he can't play a fulltime role as a rookie in the NFL. He also has the physical and mental tools to provide good production on special teams.

Weaknesses: Is undersized. Must add bulk and lower body strength in order to hold his ground in the NFL. He is short and lacks body mass. Gets rag-dolled by bigger blockers that are able to get into his body. He occasionally plays out of control. Will run around blocks and take himself out of position at times. He occasionally will go for the big hit when he should be playing the ball in coverage. He is far better in coverage than he is rushing the passer. Lacks an array of pass rush moves and struggles to get off of blocks once reached as a blitzer. Suffered a fractured fibula during spring practice in 2005 but did not miss any time during fall. He comes from a good family background and coaches speak highly of him as a person, but 2005 arrest causes concern regarding his character.

Overall: Sims played in all 13 games as a true freshman in 2003 and finished with 42 tackles. He started all 11 games and earned second-team All-ACC honors as a sophomore in 2004, when he finished with 86 tackles, nine tackles for loss and 4.5 sacks. He was arrested for domestic battery and resisting arrest without violence on June 6, 2005 after a fight with his girlfriend. He completed two days of public service after pleading no contest (Aug. 10, 2005) to a reduced charge of disorderly conduct. Sims started all 13 games as a junior in 2005 and finished with 77 tackles, 13 TFL, and three interceptions before electing to leave school early for the 2006 NFL draft. Sims is an undersized prospect that played the Sam linebacker position in college but projects as a Will linebacker in the NFL. He will need to add bulk and lower body strength in order to match up better in the NFL. However, his speed, athletic ability, instincts and explosive tackling skills are difficult to ignore. Sims would fit best on an NFL team that emphasizes speed over size on defense (Colts, Buccaneers, Bears, etc.). Regardless, Sims projects as a late-first or early-second round pick in the 2006 draft.
    ===============================================
    If Zygi wants ta run a squeaky-clean operation, den he might pass on dis guy. Udda dan dat, he looks ok ta me, but mebbe we should make a go of Chad Greenway or Paul Posluszny.
    "From the fury of the Northmen, O Lord, save us!"
    -- From a monestary in Ireland.

This is great news. I absolutely love this guy, and I believe he will increase his stock dramatically after the combine. Kinda like how Derrick Johnson did last year.

If he's there at #17, I say take him. I don't think it would be much of a reach at all.
    Proud member of PP.O since April 5th, 2003!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast