Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Re: You're Brad Childress...what's your fix?

If I'm Brad Childress, I tell my guys that this game was just ONE GAME, albeit a BAD one.
    I would demand that my guys win the games that they are SUPPOSED to win (no more losing to crappy teams like Buffalo)...we should be 8-3 one month from now...and well on our way to making the playoffs (Pittsburgh won the Super Bowl as a #6 seed).

It's simple...we win all the games that we are supposed to win against weaker teams...and play well against the remaining teams and steal one or two and we get into the playoffs.

After that, it's all about taking it one game at a time and not making the kinds of mistakes (and getting a few calls go our way...not like tonight) that sunk our A$$ES tonight and we have a legitimate shot at going far...much higher than any of us realistically expected!

Now, there are lessons to be learned from tonight's game...and as the head coach, I would make sure that those lessons were noted and make the necessary corrections so that it doesn't happen again.

F*** the Patsies!!!
    ESPECIALLY their fair-weather fans (the vast majority of them!)
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    You are now Brad Childress.
    The just got stomped by the Pats.
    Although you are still a good team; what changes would you make?
    I would like to see some well thought out responses and not "bench brads dum butt, he #@%$^% blows".

Should be interesting.
    Well first of all I would not panic. We lost a game at home to a really good team.

If I had analysed my defense corectly, I would have known that a good QB could pick our passing D appart if he got the time. That weakness has now been exposed, but I still have a good run D. I would talk too Mike about focusing on our coverage even more in practice, and get it to work.

Then I would look at my offense. I think I would change the way I aproach the passing game. I would find some way to get more shots down field. I want to trust my recivers to make plays. Put some balls out there when the recievers are in single coverage and trust the guys to make the play.

Edit: I almost forgot. I would also look at my two loses to AFC teams, and think to my self, that I need to not abandoning the run even though I'm behind. Because there comes nothing good of doing that.

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

JellyBean2144 is offline Pro-Bowler

Straight Jack!!! No Ice. No water. Just straight

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

My next move as Brad is to go about this week as usual.
    They lost to a good team, although ugly.
    Brad will start and he needs the support of his team on that.
    I would hope they address the issues in the passing game and the coverage issues.
    Maybe institute some alternate coverages when we are just being totally picked apart.

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    You are now Brad Childress.
    The just got stomped by the Pats.
    Although you are still a good team; what changes would you make?
    I would like to see some well thought out responses and not "bench brads dum butt, he #@%$^% blows".

Should be interesting.
    (Tue.) I would painstakingly analyze every second of the game film and use this game film as another stepping stone for improving the O, D, and special teams.
    The game film is a bluieprint of weaknesses on the team.
    I would then create a hierarchy of what aspects of the weaknesses can be addressed in the short- and long-term.

(Tue. night) The coaching staff would be invited after my initial analysis of the film and their input would be integrated into the plan.

(Wed. early a.m.) Have a team meeting with an overall summary of the game and the coaching staff's interpretation of the film and have a time for input from players regarding the observations.

Wed. late a.m.) Break team into groups with their respective coaches and break down the game in detail related to positions and discuss pros/cons of the game.

(Wed. afternoon) Begin preparation for S.F. while integrating the short-term solutions learned from the NE game.

etc.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

VikesFan787 is offline Coordinator

Trade for a good defensive back.

If I'm Brad C. I get MEMO the freakin BALLLLLL. He looks like the only playmaker we have.Dump this artose pinner crappp!!! I also start the Rookie. At the end of the year i dump Brad J. and if we are not in a top five slot for the draft, i trade Troy W. and our 1st rd to move up and snag Calvin Johnson at all cost!!!!!!!
    6949da5ce3db19514b6088f4f00ffabd

6-KINGS is offline Asst. Coach

I would move the Vikings out of Minnesota.

"VICTORY IS MINE!"

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

The thing that should be obvious about the game is that NE has the template for how to run a football franchise today. Childress should look at how the patriots always have coaches that can teach the players how to do their job and they put players on their roster that can understand and execute that plan.

While we may piss and moan about our receivers,qb,secondary,offensive line... just look at the coaches and players that leave NE on a yearly basis and they just plug in new guys and win.Every team loses players to injury,the good ones can plug in a replacement and still perform at a high level.

So with that said i would look at myself and see if I am putting the right staff in place to teach my players what I want them to do,then I would look at my playbook and see if it is capable of winning games versus my opponents and then I would look at the players and see if they have the ability to comprehend and execute what is expected of them and then proceed to fix everything that was answered with a "No".

Vikes is offline Team Alumni

You thank them for beating your ass. They are a GOOD football team you can pay enough money to get taught this in school. Good lesson and way to expose our 'D' we build from here. Lesson learned i hope.

The rigors of Spartan life. Leonidas is cast out into the wild, and survives the harsh winter to return to his home, when he is crowned King ....a Viking!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast