Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Del Rio Guest

Re: You're all just killing me!

6 Kings LMFAO!!

I was hoping I wasn't the only one laughing my ass off over that :grin: I read that whole thing and was like WTF!? I don't think I've laughed that hard in a while.

I was actually thinking that would make good sig material.

6-KINGS Guest

"Del Rio" wrote:
    6 Kings LMFAO!!

I was hoping I wasn't the only one laughing my jiggly butt off over that :grin: I read that whole thing and was like WTF!? I don't think I've laughed that hard in a while.

I was actually thinking that would make good sig material.
    You should Del!
    It would make a great sig.
    And since it is about you............

Like the old quote you had, about your number of posts and the guy who complained.

Del Rio Guest

"grpape" wrote:
    That's it! After reading post after post of all you "so called" fans, I can't keep quiet anymore. For all the rational and understanding fans, this does not pertain to you. Come on guys get real! All of the negative (Daunte is below average without Moss, Tice is satan, our D sucks), is absolutly killing me. I've been a fan way before Moss came into this leauge and it never once crossed my mind that he is the GOD you are all making him out to be! I'm sorry if I'm stepping on toes, but all this negativity is bringing this awsome forum down. It almost seems that many of the fans are "fair" weather ones. As soon as the Vikes turn it around, everyone will be hunky doory like nothing ever happened. PLEASE BACK YOUR TEAM, AND ITS PLAYERS! Good or bad I love and bleed purple! Flame me, mock me, say I am a troll! I don't care!
    I see where you are coming from. I think there are a lot of fair weather fans. I am not sure if fair weather fans would stick around long enough to post about it.

I think the people crying are the people who are upset over their favorite team that they love and root for is not performing up to par. I wouldn't be surprised if the most critical negative fan actually was a fan who cared the most about their team.

It's all good though grape, we will do what we do against the Saints and things will be back to possitive for most.

JDogg926 is offline Star Spokesman

Where are you getting the stuff about Moss being GOD, and members complaining about Moss???

If you actually take some time and read some threads, you'll see that the majority of people's complaints have nothing to do with Moss, except for complaining that the media keeps blaming the Vikings' struggles on Moss, we are all fans here.

It's difficult to see your team start 0-2 and have 12 turnovers, and the vast majority of us are well aware that this has little or nothing to do with Moss whatsoever. We've had poor o-line play(mainly due to the absence of Birk/Dixon and starting a rookie), inconsistency at RB, Culpepper has been hesitant to run or throw the ball away, and is often forcing bad passes into coverage, our D has yet to gel, some of us are beginning to lose faith in the coaching staff, mainly because we know how much talent this team has and they haven't played up to their potential. Even if we still had Moss, with all these other problems, we'd still be 0-2.

We're not here saying "The Vikings suck, I'm done rooting for them", but rather we know how good our team is and we're frustrated that they have yet to play like it. We all want the Vikings to succeed. The "fairweather fans" are the people that have hung up their jerseys and aren't even visiting this site.

As Del said, Grape, it's all good. We get a win this week and things are back on track. Plenty of teams have started 0-2 and still made the playoffs.
    542cbf305f333b0554e8ffa937f852d6

Jviking is offline Pro-Bowler

No one is jumping ship and the last thing we are is fair weather fans in fact on the contrary. When you truly love something, it hurts to see it failing. We are here as brothers and sisters venting and trying to rationalize our current situation. There are times when the inner fan takes over and you will not let yourself see the problems that your team has. I enjoy the comments and insight from the people on this site. Like Del Rio said, a win will cure our woes. simmer down. take the blinders off. raise high your purple flag my friends.
    I BLEED PURPLE!

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

All the negativity pisses me off too, but to each their own. If you don't like it DON'T FRICKEN READ IT! Just like we are in the land of free speech, this is a site of free speech (typing).

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

I hope they come back and reply to the thread of "heat" they created!

I give "Top Speed" a lot of credit, he came back fighting everytime.

mnjamie is offline Ring of Fame

"Prophet" wrote:
    I've been trying to jump ship for decades and just can't seem to do it. Maybe I'll try to be positive so I can be true fan. Ok, here it goes....

Mike Tice is the best coach in the NFL.

I love the play calling that Loney has developed.

The dome is the best place in the NFL to take in a game.

Culpepper's fumbles do not bother me at all.

The O-line is one of the best in the NFL, don't mess with it.

Bennett is the best RB to ever wear purple.

Redneck was truly a wonderful owner.

AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, it is not working. I'm even more pissed than I was before I started being positive. Some day I will be a true fan. Maybe sometime during my fifth decade of following the team.

Been trying for awhile myself to get off this ship, but it carries me where it wants since 1977. The ups , the downs .... that's part of the fun of it also !!! First thing I see on here this morning is this gibberish, but ya know what, he's entitled to it .... So just movin' on .... And by the way Prophet, this wasn't directed towards you, it's towards the originator of the thread ... just quoted you for the "ship" comment.

grpape is offline Asst. Coach

Man all you guys need to get your panties out of a wad! Geeze, I guess we all need a win as much as a good BJ! I understand all the frustration, but I just don't get off on negativity. But hey, that's my opinion. Yes, I understand that if you care about your team then you hate to see it struggle, however........ I never said that anyone was stupid and that any of their opinions were stupid. All I said was that I had enough. But, I guess misery loves company. For anyone that I offended, we are brothers, so sorry. And there were no specific post calling Moss god, but you have to admit, people teated him like the next comming. Keep up the posts, good or bad, it entertains me more than watching the Vikes right now!

aloha, Derrick

grpape is offline Asst. Coach

Jody926,
    If you read my post correctly, I never said that people were complaing about Moss. All I was trying to say was that everyone seems to be blaming our 0-2 start because we lost Moss. People have written that since we lost Moss, it revealed that Pep was nothing but a average QB. Come on! That is just silly, he is just pressing and will get out of the funk. I completely agree with you reasons why the team is struggling. However, there have been posts stating that our team will go 0-4 and we should think about next year! That's what really kills me!

aloha, Derrick

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast