Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 70
  1. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Isanti, MN
    Posts
    979

    Re: Your reaction to TJ coming in?

    What Gus doesn't do is lose his mind(most of the time). He's mediocre, and he and everybody else knows it, the difference is nobody know's what to expect from T-jack. (the fear of the unknown)
    I bet you could use a cool one huh Clark...Now you're talkin Eddie...

  2. #12
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,601
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Your reaction to TJ coming in?

    "V4L" wrote:
    In that span if Jackson played like he did the first two games he would also be 6-3

    Gus hasn't done pooh
    That is pure speculation.


    Besides, Gus and TJack have played about the same.
    However, I have noticed that the team has played better with Gus than with TJack.
    Whether that be because of Gus's presence, or because of some external reason (or most likely partially because of both), I don't care.
    The fact is that we were not winning with TJack, but we are with Gus.

    When Gus went out, I was thinking to myself "Please just run the ball for this one play".
    Thank God they did.

    BTW, did anyone else notice after Gus came off from the field on two different occasions that Gus, the OC, and Booty were huddled up talking about plays.
    Where the F is TJack is he is supposed to be the backup?
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  3. #13
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,601
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Your reaction to TJ coming in?

    "battleaxe4cheese" wrote:
    What Gus doesn't do is lose his mind(most of the time). He's mediocre, and he and everybody else knows it, the difference is nobody know's what to expect from T-jack. (the fear of the unknown)
    I can agree with this.
    I don't think even the coaches know what to expect from him.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  4. #14
    Yfz01 is offline Asst. Coach
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    606

    Re: Your reaction to TJ coming in?

    I was really excited when T-Jack came in!

  5. #15
    jkjuggalo's Avatar
    jkjuggalo is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,131

    Re: Your reaction to TJ coming in?

    My first reaction was excitement to see if TJ would bring something new to our offense after sitting for most of the season.
    After they ran the reverse and picked up the first down, I was sad to see him trot right back off the field only to see Frerotte continuously suck for 90% of the game.
    Seriously, it is like watching a less talented Tim Couch out there when Gus plays.
    Rock out with your cock out!!!

  6. #16
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,601
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Your reaction to TJ coming in?

    I was honestly hoping they would put Booty in.
    It was obviously going to be a running play - give Booty a snap in a live game in a no risk situation.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  7. #17
    jargomcfargo's Avatar
    jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    4,776

    Re: Your reaction to TJ coming in?

    "V4L" wrote:
    In that span if Jackson played like he did the first two games he would also be 6-3

    Gus hasn't done pooh
    You just posted fantasy, "if Jackson played like he did the first two games he would also be 6-3".
    I posted fact," TJ
    0-2, Gus 6-3."

    In who's world does fantasy trump fact?
    What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. Its the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

  8. #18
    jkjuggalo's Avatar
    jkjuggalo is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,131

    Re: Your reaction to TJ coming in?

    "jargomcfargo" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:
    In that span if Jackson played like he did the first two games he would also be 6-3

    Gus hasn't done pooh
    You just posted fantasy, "if Jackson played like he did the first two games he would also be 6-3".
    I posted fact," TJ
    0-2, Gus 6-3."

    In who's world does fantasy trump fact?
    In all fairness, you cannot really call V4L's statement fantasy when their is a good chance his statement is accurate.
    Based on the play of Frerotte and the rest of the team, it is not a far-fetched assessment of how those games would have went down.
    It is even possible we win more of those games with Jackson due to his ability to extend plays and drives with his feet.

    Besides, I'd rather live in a fantasy world than be delusional like the people that think Gus is actually a big part of the reason we have won 6 games.
    Rock out with your cock out!!!

  9. #19
    Big C is offline Coordinator
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    828

    Re: Your reaction to TJ coming in?

    I was happy to see TJ in there and was a little dissapointed when Gus came back in. However, as the second half progressed and Gus and the O-line played better, I was glad Gus was there instead of TJ.

    In my mind right now, Gus > TJ > Bollinger > Holcomb > Booty.

    With the NFC North still up for grabs, I don't want to rock the offensive boat right now. Gus has developed some rhythm with the WR and TEs that TJ might need some time to build.
    Halo 4. Start another fight.

  10. #20
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,601
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Your reaction to TJ coming in?

    "Big" wrote:
    I was happy to see TJ in there and was a little dissapointed when Gus came back in. However, as the second half progressed and Gus and the O-line played better, I was glad Gus was there instead of TJ.

    In my mind right now, Gus > TJ > Bollinger > Holcomb > Booty.

    With the NFC North still up for grabs, I don't want to rock the offensive boat right now. Gus has developed some rhythm with the WR and TEs that TJ might need some time to build.
    LOL.
    You ranked Booty under two people who aren't even on the team anymore.
    Ouch. ;D
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Some Seahawk Fan Reaction
    By punisher in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 03-23-2006, 03:22 AM
  2. Lurtsema's Reaction: Culpepper and Hutchinson
    By VikesfaninWis in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 03-22-2006, 10:35 PM
  3. The Germans are coming...TheGermans are coming...
    By NordicNed in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-03-2006, 12:26 PM
  4. Packer fans reaction to the game
    By Eyedea in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 60
    Last Post: 10-28-2005, 01:38 AM
  5. Vikes-Jags reaction
    By T-Bone in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 11-28-2004, 03:57 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •