Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    ViKing24 is offline Asst. Coach

Re: Your opinion of the Vikes "Weakest Link"

Johnson is a good QB he doesn't put up the huge stats like Daunte did but he wins games ones that Culpepper never could with us. Plus he doesn't have small hands causing him to fumble all the time and throw interceptions like he would constantly do.

Formerly Viking24

Prophet Guest

"PurpleRide" wrote:
    I THINK ALL THE QB'S ARE JUNK RIGHT NOW, I HAVE NEVER BEEN A JOHNSON LOVER, HE LOST THE IMPORTANT GAMES LAST YEAR AND HELP BEAT UP ON SORRY TEAMS. ESPN PUT THE VIKINGS REAL LOW ON THERE LIST REGUARDING THE QB POSISTION FOR THE SIMPLE REASON, JOHNSON NEEDS TO PROVE HE CAN BEAT A QUALITY TEAM. THAT IS SOMETHING HE FAILED AT LAST YEAR. HE FUMBLED THE BALL LATE IN THE FOURTH WHEN THE VIKINGS HAD A CHANCE AGAINST BALTIMORE. HE COMPLETELY SUCKED AGAINST THE STEELERS. TWO VERY IMPORTANT GAMES, HE LOST THEM FOR US. IF HE CAN PROVE HE CAN BEAT THE GOOD TEAMS, MAYBE I'LL CHANGE MY MIND. HE IS A BACK-UP QB FOLKS
    Yelling will get you nowhere in life.

I think you're the same guy that said something like don't bring up the old history that BJ won a SB. Guess what, he did.

You are not enlightening anyone here or anyone at Winter Park. Everyone knows that BJ is the QB because Daunte walked. They addressed the issue in the offseason and are doing what they (coaches) feel is best given the present situation. Many of us are concerned about depth at QB, a different issue.

BJ is a leader. He has experience. He can get the job done in the interim (which is what we are in) until the longer-term solution at QB is figured out. I am thankful he's on the roster. That is different then thinking he is the best QB in the league or he is a saviour.

The best thing about the current Vikings is they are assembling as a team. The team will get the job done if it all works out. Thank God the 'superstar' era is over with the Vikings, it was wearing on me. Back to smash mouth football, the way it should be played.

Jarlvik2006 is offline Rookie

"PurpleRide" wrote:
    I THINK ALL THE QB'S ARE JUNK RIGHT NOW, I HAVE NEVER BEEN A JOHNSON LOVER, HE LOST THE IMPORTANT GAMES LAST YEAR AND HELP BEAT UP ON SORRY TEAMS. ESPN PUT THE VIKINGS REAL LOW ON THERE LIST REGUARDING THE QB POSISTION FOR THE SIMPLE REASON, JOHNSON NEEDS TO PROVE HE CAN BEAT A QUALITY TEAM. THAT IS SOMETHING HE FAILED AT LAST YEAR. HE FUMBLED THE BALL LATE IN THE FOURTH WHEN THE VIKINGS HAD A CHANCE AGAINST BALTIMORE. HE COMPLETELY SUCKED AGAINST THE STEELERS. TWO VERY IMPORTANT GAMES, HE LOST THEM FOR US. IF HE CAN PROVE HE CAN BEAT THE GOOD TEAMS, MAYBE I'LL CHANGE MY MIND. HE IS A BACK-UP QB FOLKS
    I think that to say Johnson is junk is bunk! He's got much better line in front of him now. The "TEAM" lost those games. He's (IMO) one of the most competitive guys in the league at that position. The backups (QB) may be lacking at this point (could improve), but I'd be VERY careful in writing Brad J off this soon. As far as the rest of the positions, I would've like to see them draft another pass catching TE. Also thin at FB IMO.
    The rest are as good as anyone else's. Let's see how much heart these guys have got.
    I m Watching You- You may not see me, you may not hear me, but I m watching you...

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

This thread is hilarious.

Tank's a savior...NO HE'S NOT!

Chester's going to save the running game.....WAIT HE'S AN UNMOTIVATED TUB OF GOO!

Childress will save us....UNLESS HE'S MIKE TICE!

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

The Vikings' weakest link?

The fans who won't just the season unfold before pronouncing judgement based on internet speculation and "sources tell us" crap.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

johnson never would have had fumbled vs baltimore had he had time in the pocket or a reciever had been open earlier or hell, even if the coaches called a different play

you cant fairly say johnson caused us that game, 1 player rarely costs you the game, it was a team loss,

im not trying to convince you to like the guy, just saying, get off his back a little

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

Del Rio Guest

Right now the Vikings weakest link is the lack of a Leader at the LB position. A guy who will correct linemans stances and gap assignments and be a coach on the field.

Hopefully it will develop. As of right now that is about the only thing I can think of that I would consider to be a weak link.

That and fans who think that the weakest link is other fans that don't share their slanted opinion. I guess that could be a weak link, but I really don't care enough about it to call it one. That and it would make me a hypocrite :lol:

mnjamie is offline Ring of Fame

"Del Rio" wrote:
    Right now the Vikings weakest link is the lack of a Leader at the LB position. A guy who will correct linemans stances and gap assignments and be a coach on the field.

Hopefully it will develop. As of right now that is about the only thing I can think of that I would consider to be a weak link.

That and fans who think that the weakest link is other fans that don't share their slanted opinion. I guess that could be a weak link, but I really don't care enough about it to call it one. That and it would make me a hypocrite :lol:

As Caj has stumped for, Donnie Edwards is still available ... I hate to say it, but I actually argee with Caj on this one. :lol:

I for one, hope we pick him up.

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

we wont, our coaches are sure our LB's will do fine :beathorse:

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

jaymz7 is offline Asst. Coach

"Del Rio" wrote:

What!! you don't share me slanted opinion? :lol:

Actually I do agree with yours. Without that leader at the LB position ( Matt Blair, Scott Studwell, Mike Singletary, or a Ray Lewis type ) to step up the defense will continue to be out of sinc. and not all on the same page at times.

I don't know maybe there is someone in the current ranks, but they need to step up now and prove their the leader if they expect the others to listen and follow.

"Jarlvik2006" wrote:
    "PurpleRide" wrote:
    I think that to say Johnson is junk is bunk! He's got much better line in front of him now. The "TEAM" lost those games. He's (IMO) one of the most competitive guys in the league at that position. The backups (QB) may be lacking at this point (could improve), but I'd be VERY careful in writing Brad J off this soon. As far as the rest of the positions, I would've like to see them draft another pass catching TE. Also thin at FB IMO.
    The rest are as good as anyone else's. Let's see how much heart these guys have got.
    I SEE, SO CUPLEPPER LOST THE GAMES FOR THE VIKINGS EARLY IN THE SEASON WITH A TERRIBLE LINE, A COACHING STAFF WHO WOULD MAKE GLEN MASON LOOK GOOD, WIDE RECIEVERS WHO LOOKED LOST AND COULD NOT CATCH A BALL WHEN IT HIT THEIR HANDS. BUT ONCE BRAD LOSES, ITS THE TEAM???? BRAD FUMBLED THE BALL AGAINST BALITMORE, BRAD THREW THE INT'S IN THE RED ZONE AGAINST PIT.
    IT WAS HIS FAULT. HE CANNOT BEAT QUALITY TEAMS, HE PROVED THAT HIMSELF LAST YEAR. HE IS A BACK-UP. THE ONLY GOOD THING FROM HIM BEING A STARTER, THE COACHES WILL KNOW HOW TO RUN A VERY SIMPLE OFFENCE IF THEY HAVE TO IN THE FUTURE. ONCE PEP WENT DOWN LAST YEAR, THE OFFENCE WAS TONED DOWN TO FIT JOHNSON. IN THE WCO, YOU STILL HAVE TO BE VERTICAL FROM TIME TO TIME. HE CANT. THE TEAM CANNOT DEPEND ON JOHNSON TO LEAD THIS TEAM. THE D REALLY NEEDS TO STEP UP TIMES 10 FROM LAST YEAR. THE RUNNING GAME NEEDS TO BE EXTREMELY EFFECTIVE, AND THE COACHES NEED TO MANAGE THE GAME BETTER THAN OLD TICE DID THE LAST FEW YEARS. IF ALL JOHNSON NEEDS TO DO IS HAND THE BALL OFF AND MAKE SHORT PASSES, HE WILL BE ALRIGHT, IF HE NEEDS TO BRING US BACK FROM A MAJOR HOLE, I WOULD NOT COUNT ON IT.
    You republican whore!

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast