Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast
    COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

Your opinion of the Vikes "Weakest Link"

Where do you believe the Vikes will be the weakest this year?
    I'm predicting the "safety" spot with "Tank" Williams and I think the tight ends may be a problem.
    I know most people feel linebackers is a weak spot, but I don't think that's going to be a problem.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

Re: Your opinion of the Vikes "Weakest Link"

QB WILL BE THE WEAKEST LINK ON THE O SIDE, LB's ON THE D-SIDE
    You republican whore!

Prophet Guest

It appears to me that the defensive secondary is the weakest link and QB depth.

I am thrilled to have a new coaching staff. In fact, that is what excites me the most about this season. I will remain cautiously optimistic about the new coaching staff until I see what they do on the field. I am confident that Childress, though relatively unproven, is an order of magnitude better than Tice at the HC position. He rose up through the ranks rather then being handed the position.

Like most teams, there are a few positions where if injuries occur the Vikings are doomed. I'm most concerned about depth at the QB, ORT, RDT, SSL, P, and FS positions.

Coaching will hopefully mask the depth deficiencies.

boognish is offline Coordinator

"PurpleRide" wrote:
    I agree with you, for the most part. I don't agree with Cojo that safety will be a problem; Tank is an upgrade over Chavous and Offord is healthy again. As for TE's, we couldn't ask for much more than a Wiggins/Kleinsaucer combo punch. Wiggins was our leading receiver last year. I'm not sure what you're basing your analysis on Cojo.

That being said, I think the loss of continuity with the coaching staff is going to be the biggest hurdle the Vikes will face this season. Our players have to learn completely new systems on both sides of the ball and there are bound to be mistakes as a result. We also have to remember that Childress has never been a HC before and we should expect some growing pains there as well.
    I am a dipshit!!!

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"PurpleRide" wrote:
    Make that BACKUP QBs and I can agree...I totally agree on the Defensive side...LB, especially MLB, is still a big concern...until we find someone who can step up and take the reins, that is.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Potus2028 is offline Hall of Famer

"boognish" wrote:
    "PurpleRide" wrote:
    I agree with you, for the most part. I don't agree with Cojo that safety will be a problem; Tank is an upgrade over Chavous and Offord is healthy again. As for TE's, we couldn't ask for much more than a Wiggins/Kleinsaucer combo punch. Wiggins was our leading receiver last year. I'm not sure what you're basing your analysis on Cojo.

That being said, I think the loss of continuity with the coaching staff is going to be the biggest hurdle the Vikes will face this season. Our players have to learn completely new systems on both sides of the ball and there are bound to be mistakes as a result. We also have to remember that Childress has never been a HC before and we should expect some growing pains there as well.
    loss of continuity?

if anything, all this new coaching staf, with the new players will create an excitement. then again, none of them could work well together, and it could be a catastrophic failure.

"Prophet" wrote:
    Like most teams, there are a few positions where if injuries occur the Vikings are doomed. I'm most concerned about depth at the QB, ORT, RDT, SSL, P, and FS positions.
    kluwe will be all better.. i'd venture to say he'll be the best punter in the division, and top 5 in the conference!
    i m better than you, so just give up...

boognish is offline Coordinator

"Potus2028" wrote:
    "boognish" wrote:
    "PurpleRide" wrote:

loss of continuity?

if anything, all this new coaching staf, with the new players will create an excitement. then again, none of them could work well together, and it could be a catastrophic failure.

"Prophet" wrote:
    kluwe will be all better.. i'd venture to say he'll be the best punter in the division, and top 5 in the conference!
    Oh, they'll create excitement all right. I just refuse to jump on the "Childress as saviour" bandwagon until he has actually coached at least one game as a HC. There's no denying that Tice was a dunderhead, but Childress hasn't proven anything yet either. Everyone is acting like we hired Parcells or Belichick. I like the talent level on this team and believe that we can win the division, if Johnson stays healthy and the coaches have these guys ready to compete week in and week out.

Time will tell.
    I am a dipshit!!!

Potus2028 is offline Hall of Famer

you have to have more confidence in his experience than you did with tice..

we can start the tice debate, caus i personally liked him.

but i feel experience wise, and knowing how to win (something like 3-4 NFC championship appearences)

childress has too much under his belt to be shrugged off as a newbie coach.

but i will agree, he needs to prove himself before we go worship him.

but one cant bad talk him or underestimate him already with all that he's done. nor can they, before any games, say that he's the team weakest link.. YET
    i m better than you, so just give up...

Prophet Guest

"boognish" wrote:
    ...I just refuse to jump on the "Childress as saviour" bandwagon until he has actually coached at least one game as a HC. There's no denying that Tice was a dunderhead, but Childress hasn't proven anything yet either. Everyone is acting like we hired Parcells or Belichick...
    I can't remember any posts where anyone said anything like you're envisioning they said. The general gist of most posters regarding Childress and the new coaching staff is more along the lines of 'thank God that nimrod (Tice) is gone" rather than "Chidress is a saviour". There are a few Tice-lovers hanging out, but I have yet to document a Childress is a saviour fan at PP.O...there may be a few, but they are in the minority if they exist.

WSWR is offline Training Camp

Offense

WR

Defense

ILB
    SS

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast