Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    MaxVike is online now Team Alumni

Re: Your middle linebacker is …

This is far from terrible.
    In fact, this is the by far the best way to enter the draft and training camp.
    Greenway will need to win the job in training camp, so, I would calm down about his "appointment."
    Henderson has progressed quite a bit on the field and appears ready to be the MLB we thought he would be.
    Leber is solid too.
    In this defense, 5 LB's will play a whole heckuva lot, so, DT will have his opportunity in training camp, and on the field...just like he has since he got here.

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

i think that for the short term we should use ej at the middle, but phase in greenway.
    i know that we drafted him weakside, but this is a second year rookie we are looking at here.
    i think that from his talks to the press he has the attidude of a leader, though he hasn't had the chance to show that yet.
    i think that with his build and ability he would be a great middle linebacker and then we can move ej to a position where it seems he was better suited for.

but i'm sure there is something that we aren't seeing that chilly is, i support any moves he makes
    ~~I'm but one Vikings fan in a sea of Frudge Packers!!!~~

Ddawg84 is offline Starter

"Del" wrote:
    EJ Henderson is probably the best athlete on our LB core and from what we have seen in the past the worst leader.

He needs to up his game if we want this to work.

If this was Tomlins defense I would say no way in hell this works. Now that we have a new man in charge and hopefully our MLB wont be seen running down the field one on one with the Bills #1 Wr all game long.......I am going to utilize optimism on this one.

If there was one guy that seems to have the mental aspects of the MLB down it seems to be Leber I am not sure he has the speed needed, but in a zone, speed really isn't as important as smarts and dicipline.

Hard to say, sounds like they have their mind made up and I can't cry about having Leber Greenway and Henderson on the field together.

I think if there is one thing that will hold EJ back from exceling at the MLB position is that he seems like a really quiet person and really bottles in emotion.
    He needs to be more assertive and take control of his defense through lots of communication.
    The one thing he does have on his side in that aspect is that he is surrounded by a vocal veteran in the secondary in Sharper, and a vocal leader upfront in Phat Pat.
    But I think that is the ultimate reason he was moved from the middle to begin with. However, I definately feel over the past few season he has a lot more confidence to play at this level regardless of what position he may be at.
    I think the coaches will have EJ ready and he will take the position and run with it.
    Like he said... he is not suprised by the move, he saw it coming as soon as Napo was not resigned.
    Go EJ!!!!!!!

Del Rio is offline Coordinator

"Ddawg84" wrote:
    "Del" wrote:
    EJ Henderson is probably the best athlete on our LB core and from what we have seen in the past the worst leader.

He needs to up his game if we want this to work.

If this was Tomlins defense I would say no way in hell this works. Now that we have a new man in charge and hopefully our MLB wont be seen running down the field one on one with the Bills #1 Wr all game long.......I am going to utilize optimism on this one.

If there was one guy that seems to have the mental aspects of the MLB down it seems to be Leber I am not sure he has the speed needed, but in a zone, speed really isn't as important as smarts and dicipline.

Hard to say, sounds like they have their mind made up and I can't cry about having Leber Greenway and Henderson on the field together.

I think if there is one thing that will hold EJ back from exceling at the MLB position is that he seems like a really quiet person and really bottles in emotion.
    He needs to be more assertive and take control of his defense through lots of communication.
    The one thing he does have on his side in that aspect is that he is surrounded by a vocal veteran in the secondary in Sharper, and a vocal leader upfront in Phat Pat.
    But I think that is the ultimate reason he was moved from the middle to begin with. However, I definately feel over the past few season he has a lot more confidence to play at this level regardless of what position he may be at.
    I think the coaches will have EJ ready and he will take the position and run with it.
    Like he said... he is not suprised by the move, he saw it coming as soon as Napo was not resigned.

Go EJ!!!!!!!
    He has earned the right to be vocal he is a Vikings vet, I hope he steps that part of his game up.
    If you promise to be smarter, I will promise to be nicer.

My posts are worth 6 of yours.

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

"PurpleCanuck" wrote:
    i think that for the short term we should use ej at the middle, but phase in greenway.
    i know that we drafted him weakside, but this is a second year rookie we are looking at here.
    i think that from his talks to the press he has the attidude of a leader, though he hasn't had the chance to show that yet.
    i think that with his build and ability he would be a great middle linebacker and then we can move ej to a position where it seems he was better suited for.

but i'm sure there is something that we aren't seeing that chilly is, i support any moves he makes
    I don't think Greenway is strong enough or good enough at shedding blocks to play MLB.
    He is better in coverage and at trailing a play.
    At least that was his story coming out of college.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123