Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    patistheman is offline Starter

Re: Your middle linebacker is …

"ejmat" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:
    Off topic butt.. nice article on that link.

As for the Vikings receivers, Jackson expressed confidence in a group that doesn’t have a clear-cut No. 1 guy. “I love my receivers,” he said. “Almost a year now we’ve been working together. I work with those guys every day to see what they can do. … Besides [Bobby Wade and Billy McMullen] we don’t have a lot of experience out there. That’s the main point. But as far as talent and ability goes, I’m very confident in those guys.”
    Confidence in himself - good!

Confidence in his WRs - good!

Back on topic....

Henderson deserves the chance.

I guess he should get the shot since he has experience.
    He may not have looked good there a couple of years ago but he has earned the chance.
    D Thomas doesn't get my vote yet.
    Im not neccesarily saying that Thomas should get the nod there, but I think he should be given a look.
    I believe he is the fastest of the LBs and speed at MLB in the cover-2 is important.
    I remember there being alot of hype about his strength and speed, maybe he could showcase that there in the cover-2.
    However his awareness and performance would have to earn the spot for him, but I believe he definatly needs to be considered.

Ddawg84 is offline Starter

Go E.J. He is my favorite viking... I loved the guy in college and was pumped the second we drafted him.
    He really played great last year and I think when he moves back to his original position this time around we will see a Middle Linebacker ready to lead his defense.
    I wish him the best of luck and i think it really sheds a lot of light on why they signed him to a contract extension.
    I think they had every intentions of moving him back to his original position once Greenway was healthy.

marcosMN is offline Star Spokesman

I think this is terrible.

Why would we move him from the position he had a breakout season and earned a contract extension playing?

It really doesn't make sense to me. He struggled terribly at MLB before, and found his groove at OLB. He should put/kept in a position to excel.
    -Sno

tb04512 is offline Team Alumni

i think this is unwise.. remember last time he was in the middle.. hopefully he can adjsut in the new system. I've always liked Thomas.. i hope he can get a shot at it once in a while

Thanks josdin00

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

I am really hoping that he succeeds the second time around...and that we have a backup plan if he can't adjust.
    I know that he is a good LB...but he may have found his niche last season...and I don't want to see the Vikes F up a good thing!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"Property0f" wrote:
    I have a feeling Greenway will end up in the middle by the end of the season. He seems like he has the ability and body type to play that position. He's tall enough and im sure he could play fast enough, faster than Harris atleast.
    Greenway hasn't played one second of MLB in his entire football career.
    He played about 10 seconds of football at the pro level before being hurt.

What possible indications did you pick up in those 10 seconds of kick-off coverage which told you he could play MLB even though he has no experience at it?

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"PacMan21" wrote:
    When I see Chad Greenway, I see a younger version of Donnie Edwards.

But that's just me...
    Yeah - wow - those 10 seconds on kick-off coverage in pre-season sure showed folks a lot more than it showed me.

Anyone got those 10 seconds on tape who can make me a copy?
    I need to go through it frame-by-frame, because I'm obviously missing something....

=z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Del Rio is offline Coordinator

EJ Henderson is probably the best athlete on our LB core and from what we have seen in the past the worst leader.

He needs to up his game if we want this to work.

If this was Tomlins defense I would say no way in hell this works. Now that we have a new man in charge and hopefully our MLB wont be seen running down the field one on one with the Bills #1 Wr all game long.......I am going to utilize optimism on this one.

If there was one guy that seems to have the mental aspects of the MLB down it seems to be Leber I am not sure he has the speed needed, but in a zone, speed really isn't as important as smarts and dicipline.

Hard to say, sounds like they have their mind made up and I can't cry about having Leber Greenway and Henderson on the field together.

If you promise to be smarter, I will promise to be nicer.

My posts are worth 6 of yours.

PacMan21 is offline Starter

"Zeus" wrote:
    "PacMan21" wrote:
    When I see Chad Greenway, I see a younger version of Donnie Edwards.

But that's just me...
    Yeah - wow - those 10 seconds on kick-off coverage in pre-season sure showed folks a lot more than it showed me.

Anyone got those 10 seconds on tape who can make me a copy?
    I need to go through it frame-by-frame, because I'm obviously missing something....

=z=
    From what I saw in college and at Training Camp, he reminded me of a young Donnie Edwards.

Thanks for the sig PurplePeopleEaters

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

I'm not saying DThomas doesn't deserve to be looked at.
    He played backup last year.
    However, he doesn't (IMO) have the leadership ability or knowledge of the game yet to play there. He's been on the team 3 or 4 years now and really hasn't shown improvement yet.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast