Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion

Young Defensive Players no Excuse

"Bdubya" wrote:
    Maybe its coaching, because he wasnt doing things like this when he was one of the best players in college.
    Not MAYBE my friend. :wink: They are blowing coverage because Cotrell is not preparing them week to week for the teams they face, plain and simple. They end up making the adjustments in the 3rd and 4th quarters. Too late. They are rarely ready to play in the first half. Thats lack of game plan and players don't make game plan.

WWBGD

scorptile is offline Starter

Re: Young Defensive Players no Excuse

"Haneef87" wrote:
    I know Tillman kicked mosses ass this and last year

he kicked it real bad
    this explains why the vikings suck... :sunny:
    proud fan of the SB XLI champions.

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame

I agree the coaching sucks but EJ is caught out of position all the time and he misses a lot of tackles....He is good but that's inexcusable....He is too good for that and it's too late in the season to be making mental errors early in games.

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

OK, here i go sticking up for BW again, when does BW consistently get his ass burned on deep balls. Hes a FUCKING CB, they get burned time to time, but when he does get beat hes right there to make the tackle. Jackson made what?, two catches on BW and they were both close coverage, imediatly tackled after the catch. He causes fumbles, he gets INT's, he bats balls down, he lays wood, and his vertical is amazing. I dont know what you guys are seein but BW is a good player and HE'S THE BEST WE GOT WITHOUT WINFIELD. I'm so sick of you guys dogging him game after game, sorry i dont see a whole lot of CB's playing much better. Why dont we discuss cutting ROSS!

OK, and EJ. He's a MLB that for sure, what are we supposed to do but rod davis in? Like people say hes in his second year with a new DC every year he's played.

"People are being way to hard on EJ, its a tuff position it doesnt slow down until your 3rd or 4th year." (Scott Studwell ALL PRO MLB)

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

"vikingstw" wrote:
    OK, here i go sticking up for BW again, when does BW consistently get his ass burned on deep balls. Hes a FUCKING CB, they get burned time to time, but when he does get beat hes right there to make the tackle. Jackson made what?, two catches on BW and they were both close coverage, imediatly tackled after the catch. He causes fumbles, he gets INT's, he bats balls down, he lays wood, and his vertical is amazing. I dont know what you guys are seein but BW is a good player and HE'S THE BEST WE GOT WITHOUT WINFIELD. I'm so sick of you guys dogging him game after game, sorry i dont see a whole lot of CB's playing much better. Why dont we discuss cutting ROSS!

OK, and EJ. He's a MLB that for sure, what are we supposed to do but rod davis in? Like people say hes in his second year with a new DC every year he's played.

"People are being way to hard on EJ, its a tuff position it doesnt slow down until your 3rd or 4th year." (Scott Studwell ALL PRO MLB)
    What about the time BW and Russell totally missed the zone coverage and Jackson caught a wide open TD.

I think our expectation for BW were too high coming into the season, but with Winfield out he is the best corner we have.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

That was SHAW and RUSSELL, not my boy BW.

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion

I don't blame the players too much. Yeah there are some rookie mistakes but usually they are getting burned because the defense design is not there. They go out every week with the same chalk board defense and get picked apart because they are predictable and haven't made any adjustments for the team they are playing. Cotrell sends them out in a semi prevent playing too far off the ball every week. And they don't adjust to overloading of a side when a back comes out of the backfield until late in the game. They set up in the same zone in the same place on the field play after play. Thats why they get burned. Thats crappy coaching. They don't come up and bump the guys they need to bump to slow them down. They stand back there and get run at and get beat. The reason they are standing back there is because that is where cotrell is telling them to be. Players have to be put in a position to make plays and that is a coach's responsibility. Its tough to get an int when you are playing 10yrds off the ball.

WWBGD

elgordo is offline Rookie

The fact of the matter is that the vikings linebackers have no idea what they are supposed to be doing.
    They don't know where to line up and they don't know what their responsibilities are once the ball is snapped.
    It's easy to blame the players and it probably is their fault to a certain point.
    But, when it comes down to it, it is the coaches responibility to make sure that they know what they are supposed to know.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

"bleedpurple" wrote:
    That's BS bdubya because Nick Barnett for the pack, DJ Williams, Terrell Suggs, any member rookie or not of the pats defensive secondary.have come in and done a good job....Its no excuse for EJ to be screwing up like he has....Especially with the missed tackles and blown assignments....For goodness sake its the 15th week of the season....He's not a rookie anymore....

You can't tell me Troy Brown of the Pats has had more time in the defense than EJ (sorry for the position comparison) and he is tied for the team lead in Picks....It's the basics they have been doing since training camp and he still doesn't get it....how long has he been tackling? since Pee-wee and he still misses tackles...???
    there's no excuse
    True all those guys have come in and excelled, but look who they've had around them. Terrell Suggs, do I even have to type the names. DJ Williams has Bailey a great D line in front of him and a great linebacker at his side (I can't remember his name right now). Barnett has done well, but he had a couple of pretty good corners (nothing great, but pretty decent) a pro bowl safety behind him and Grady Jackson's tank of an @ss in front of him. Barnett has done the best with the least, but what has Bdub had. An underachieving Hovan, no linebacking corp and safety's that haven't played well. Give him a damn break!

Sorry if anybody had posted stuff similar to this, but I stopped reading the thread at bleed purples post!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Re: Young Defensive Players no Excuse

"scorptile" wrote:
    "Haneef87" wrote:
    I know Tillman kicked mosses ass this and last year

he kicked it real bad
    this explains why the vikings suck... :sunny:
    You wish you had a WR the calibur of Moss! Way to catch 140 + passes Harrison, with an average of 12 and only 11 TDs. Give Moss the ball that many times he'll go for 2,000 and 20 TDs!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12