Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    cheesefree is offline Starter

You wish Favre was a viking?

Hell no. The Vikings don't need any more old washed up QB's. They have had enough of those with Mcmahon, Moon and George. Daunte is the man. Dauntes numbers compare very nicely with the demigod Brett Favre. In fact, his numbers are better than Favres when you compare the first four years of their careers. Daunte has run for a 1000 more yards and is +19 rushing TD's.
    [b:6191debc1d]it ain t easy being cheesy[/b:6191debc1d]
    [img:6191debc1d]http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid137/p834fa46b07efd9e3efdcb7cb577f214e/f73f7170.jpg[/img:6191debc1d]

rjkvikings is offline Asst. Coach

"RandyMoss8404" wrote:
    If Favre was a Viking we'd be undefeated in the Super Bowl since 1998, no doubt about it.

He is the best quarterback in football right now, and will be until he retires, whether or not the packers make the playoffs.

Culpepper is not worthy of lacing his shoes, and I bleed purple and gold. Culpepper has the physical skills, but he doesn't have the heart. Yet. I hope he proves me wrong THIS YEAR.
    First, i doubt Favre could have done so much that we'd have won that game against the Giants or gone to the SB in 2001 and 2002. Second, when you compare both Culpepper's and Favre's stats I'd say he's plenty worthy.

pudgesoprano is offline Asst. Coach

quote="vikingsalltheway"]

I hate the guy as much as the next viking fan does cause he is a fudgepacker. I am not backing him either only wishing he was a viking. Culpepper needs to perform under pressure, something he just can't do for some reason. I would like Favre to fold under pressure not Daunte.[/quote]

culpepper led a comeback against the bills week 2 2002,then the d blow's it
    against the bucs in 2001 week 3
    against the saints in 2002
    led the vikings tying drive against the falcons
    against miami 2002 4th quarter comeback
    Here s the most important thing: You can NEVER lose your sense of humor. Without that, you ve got NOTHING. (Divinci) James Belushi

dan3ski is offline Coordinator

I would not have minded Farve in his prime but not now.
    can we clone Bud Grant?

unfortunately had Farve been a viking he would have been the best thing since sliced bread... but he wasn't so...but giving the man his due he was a great QB in his time and will rank with th elikes of but his time is UP and Culpepper is our man and he will be just fine for me but what do I know way over here.
    Yesterday is History
    Tomorrow a Mystery
    TODAY is a GIFT that is why WE
    call it the "PRESENT"

hawaiianvike21 is offline Team Alumni

If you were asking this a number of years ago, i might have said yes, since he was league mvp and led the pack to the superbowl as well as being in his prime. If you ask me now, no. Hes more injury prone ever before and is one disaster away from blowing the season for the team. Age is a concern and he isint as mobile as he once was.

Id take him because of his leadership, desire to win it all again and his arm slinging ability. Other then that, we dont need him. We have cully anywayz.
    Hupo oe ke kau ana i ka waiupa a ma kou pa o & Hupo na Po o waiupa a

vikeroo is offline Training Camp

Was anyone at the 2000 opener when Culpepper ran for 3 TD's and hooked up on a long pass with Moss in coming from behind against the Bears (yes I was at that game)... He has engineered a few combacks and has barely started 50 games yet... Hmmm, Brett Favre did what his 5th year as a starter? Favre was the 90's, this is Culpepper's decade!

(BTW Favre couldn't hold Elway's jock!!! Favre is still a HOF'er though)

purplepat is offline Hall of Famer

"RandyMoss8404" wrote:
    If Favre was a Viking we'd be undefeated in the Super Bowl since 1998, no doubt about it.

He is the best quarterback in football right now, and will be until he retires, whether or not the packers make the playoffs.
    Both of these statements are complete BS!

First, if Favre had been saddled with a team whose defense was as bad as the Vikings defense has been since 1999, he would have put up approximately the same kind of W-L records that Jeff George and Culpepper have produced. Favre would have thrown a lot more INTs as he tries to score 30 pts. each week to keep his team in the game.

Second, Favre is not the best QB in football right now. His 20+ INTs last year speak to that point (regardless of his NFL leading 30+ TD passes). Peyton Manning is the top QB in football right now, without question.

I would have LOVED to have a gamer like Favre as a Viking from day one. I don't know if the Vikings would have won a Super Bowl or not; the Vikings have generally had pretty good QB play from whomever since Favre joined the Packers. At this point in his career, I would only want Favre as a backup. Obviously, he could start for the Vikings, but I like the skills that Culpepper brings to the position and would play Culpepper over Favre.
    SKOL VIKINGS!

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

4th quarter comebacks are overrated!! If you are that good your team shouldn't be behind that much!! That is such an overrated stat!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

RandyMoss8404 is offline Hall of Famer

"purplepat" wrote:
    "RandyMoss8404" wrote:

Both of these statements are complete BS!

First, if Favre had been saddled with a team whose defense was as bad as the Vikings defense has been since 1999, he would have put up approximately the same kind of W-L records that Jeff George and Culpepper have produced. Favre would have thrown a lot more INTs as he tries to score 30 pts. each week to keep his team in the game.

Second, Favre is not the best QB in football right now. His 20+ INTs last year speak to that point (regardless of his NFL leading 30+ TD passes). Peyton Manning is the top QB in football right now, without question.

I would have LOVED to have a gamer like Favre as a Viking from day one. I don't know if the Vikings would have won a Super Bowl or not; the Vikings have generally had pretty good QB play from whomever since Favre joined the Packers. At this point in his career, I would only want Favre as a backup. Obviously, he could start for the Vikings, but I like the skills that Culpepper brings to the position and would play Culpepper over Favre.
    Right. This is called 'blind optimism.' It's bad.

edit: Favre > Manning. I've explained why several times. I will not do it again. It's simply true. When Favre has Marvin Harrison to throw to, we can make this comparison. Same for when/if Culpepper doesn't have Moss.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWgAayphx7Y
    "He s done it! Portugal is through!"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast