Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vikingsalltheway is offline Coordinator

Are you superstious while watching the game?

"sdvikefan" wrote:
    Does anybody do like Patriots fan Mark Foster and go out into the woods to play against the trees? That commercial still cracks me up.
    Pretty stupid.
    982be7163de23b12be0039fa7de5b166

sdvikefan is offline Hall of Famer

"vikingsalltheway" wrote:
    "sdvikefan" wrote:
    Does anybody do like Patriots fan Mark Foster and go out into the woods to play against the trees? That commercial still cracks me up.
    Pretty stupid.
    Yeah but it is still pretty funny to me...just the idea of someone doing something so ridiculous.
    "Meet at the quarterback!" -Purple People Eaters

Foreman44 is offline Starter

"vikingstw" wrote:
    This may seem weird but i have to vacum my carpet it has to be clean before the game, quite odd but i can't have it other wise. I got my own room with satelite and computer. Its got to be spotless before the game.

And i'm like up klein, i gotta have my football, i dont have the fumbling superstition, but i have to have a football in my hands.
    Oh yeah, this and all manner of other rituals pre-game time have gone back to when I was 9 years old. House has got be in order, as in organized .. and carpets vaccuumed. Dishes done if possible and usually shave before the game although sometimes sport the beard depending on the opponent. Used to drink champagne or cold, cold beer before the game but not really any longer. Now, more likely to go with coffee. Clothing usually matched to away or home unis with the vintage Page jersey usually the choice. Not as obsessive as I used to be but have always been ritualistic/superstitious when it comes to The Vikings.
    :colors:

I have a certain place i sit on my couch with my hands folded in a certain way wearing my oldschool warren moon jersey while my dad sits in his chair and wears his throwback Alan Page jersey. When we do this we havent lost yet....I had to work when we lost to the eagles so i want at home obviously.
    Through Wind, Snow, Sleet, or Rain, all will feel the purple pain!

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

I do think it's funny. Hundreds of thousands of people nationwide (and worldwide) wearing hats a certain way, the same jersey, in the same seat, holding onto footballs, and all of them thinking the Vikings winning depends on them doing this as a ritual. All the while the same thing is happening with the Saints, or whomever we might be playing. This is the honest to goodness truth, my brother swears that when he turns on the game the Vikings start losing. He waits until the game is over before checking the score. Every time the Vikes lose I tell him he shouldn't have turned on the game.

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

hawaiianvike21 is offline Team Alumni

Man you guys have some funny ass stories. :lol: I like the one where one of you fumble the ball and have to get it as soon as possible. Hilarious. I used to think of the game being superstious but that dont work anymore. Win or lose. I used to think wearing a certain jersey would win us games but eventually they ended up having wins and losses, so i dont believe it anymore.

What do you guys have to say went wrong for you when we lost to arizona?
    Hupo oe ke kau ana i ka waiupa a ma kou pa o & Hupo na Po o waiupa a

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Every Friday I have worn a replica Moss jersey to school then switched to my Moss authentic jersey for the game on Sunday we have won all three times. For the Monday nighter I wore my Daunte jersey to school on Monday an we ended up losing. Guess what I'm wearing tonight!! I'm very superstitous!!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

purplepat is offline Hall of Famer

Oh yeah, I've got lots of superstitions regarding the Vikings. Back in the 70's when the Vikings won all the time, one Sunday my sister baked cookies and the Vikings lost, so she was forbidden from baking cookies whenever the Vikings played.

If I'm drinking beer and the flow of the game is going against the Vikings, I'll drink two swallows of beer before the next play to change the Vikings luck. If the flow is going with the Vikings (especially if they are behind), I will drink a one swallow before each play to keep the momentum going. I have made two ounces of beer last a very long time doing this if I am nearly out of beer but I have to keep the flow going the Vikings way, so I take very small sips.

I make sure if I am wearing striped athletic socks, that they do not contain any colors of the opposing team. I generally will not drink beer from the opponent's territory while watching the Vikings (no Milwaukee brewed beer when playing the Packers, no Budweiser when playing the Rams, etc.).
    SKOL VIKINGS!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12