Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: You know what I hate??

I'm pretty sure that everyone on the football field "gives it all they got" all the time.(insert your Randy taking plays off joke here) When you hear someone talking about how Favre's giving it all he's got, that usually means he just f#*ked up yet again.

Del Rio Guest

You don't have to respect anything. That's pretty much all it boils down too.

You may have a hard time respecting any professional athlete. He gives it all he's got and he gets paid millions to throw a football.....respectable? Not on that alone. Not to me. Does he do massive ammounts of charity? I would find that respectable.

In the end Favre can toss my salad, because I care so little for him and what he has done that I won't even spend the time to look into his achievements enough to decide if he is even worth respecting.

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

I kind of respect what he has done, but I hate him with a passion.

I have sat through enough last minute/second Farve comeback victories to know that the guy has guts. I think I respect his guts under pressure. Of course, it could be argued that he wouldnt be in pressure situations so much if he didnt make so many errors to get his team in that situation. So, bottom line, I respect his ability. But, I love to hate him. As a matter of fact, after Edinger kicked that field goal last year to beat them, I remember standing up and yelling at Farve when they showed him on the screen exclaiming "See how it feels you bas*#@^!" I think I even cried a little. Sorry to get mushy.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"Del Rio" wrote:
    You don't have to respect anything. That's pretty much all it boils down too.

You may have a hard time respecting any professional athlete. He gives it all he's got and he gets paid millions to throw a football.....respectable? Not on that alone. Not to me. Does he do massive ammounts of charity? I would find that respectable.

In the end Favre can toss my salad, because I care so little for him and what he has done that I won't even spend the time to look into his achievements enough to decide if he is even worth respecting.
    You can always count on Del to boil it down to the essentials! :lol:

He's right though...Favre may have been a very good player for the Packers but we don't have to give him anything...he gets enough manlove from Packer fans to more than compensate him for whatever he did on the football field. Let's instead spend our energy getting OUR players into the HOF...deserving players like Mick Tinglehoff and Jim Marshall. They deserve every bit of respect that Favre fans give to Bretty Boy...when they start supporting our guys we can then return the favor!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Bdubya is offline Star Spokesman

You would think that you might have to respect him, but no. I loved and respected Barry Sanders so much and was so mad when he retired. I loved how he played the game with dignity and such incredibly skill and grace. He was a class act on and off the field. I loved watching him, even if he tore us up. It was the Vikings I would be upset with, not him.

Brett Favre on the other hand, has always rubbed me the wrong way. It isn't some blind "I am a Viking fan, so I must hate him", because as I showed with Barry, it doesn't matter. Even when Favre is on a 4-12 team, I can't stand him, and he manages to stay in the spotlight. He has shown over the past few years, that everything should be about him and whines like a baby. Twenty years from now, I will feel the same way, and I pray that people aren't considering him the best of all-time (but I know there will still be Favre lovers). But I know for a fact, that if the Falcons never traded him, I would still hate him today.
    MC's run away when I kick it
    They act so chicken, they should come with a large drink and a biscuit
    -Canibus

Honestly, what are some of you guys, like 10? I hate Brett Favre about as much as everyone else, but I still have a tremendous respect for the guy. When you give a player respect, it matters none whatsoever what team they played on. I'm sure if Brett had stayed with the Falcons and had a HOF career there, he would get near unanimous respect from Viking fans. And if you have a good reason not to respect him, go ahead, but if you're just a "I hate the Packers, I hate Brett Favre, and I don't respect him" type of person, you're not seeing the whole thing clearly. Even though I hate him with my guts, this guy is still a top 20 all-time quarterback and should get the respect he deserves, regardless of who he played for.

Now of course there's some players anyone can have no respect for;

TO, Chad Johnson, Mike Vanderjagt, Keyshawn, etc.

Bdubya is offline Star Spokesman

"arrested_developer" wrote:
    Honestly, what are some of you guys, like 10? I hate Brett Favre about as much as everyone else, but I still have a tremendous respect for the guy. When you give a player respect, it matters none whatsoever what team they played on. I'm sure if Brett had stayed with the Falcons and had a HOF career there, he would get near unanimous respect from Viking fans. And if you have a good reason not to respect him, go ahead, but if you're just a "I hate the Packers, I hate Brett Favre, and I don't respect him" type of person, you're not seeing the whole thing clearly. Even though I hate him with my guts, this guy is still a top 20 all-time quarterback and should get the respect he deserves, regardless of who he played for.

Now of course there's some players anyone can have no respect for;

TO, Chad Johnson, Mike Vanderjagt, Keyshawn, etc.
    I don't respect football players based soley on how well they play football. I respect the talent that God gave him, but I don't respect Brett Favre as a person on top of that.
    MC's run away when I kick it
    They act so chicken, they should come with a large drink and a biscuit
    -Canibus

Top_Speed is offline Starter

Man you guyz musta ate Corn falkes with Tabasco sauce as milk today for breakfast!
    Home Sweet Dome...

josdin00 is offline Ring of Fame

I'd find it a lot easier to respect Favre's accomplishments if it weren't for Packer fans.

I'd explain that, but if you're reading this site, you probably already know what I mean.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast